No politician has EVER brought a tear to my eye. Santorum just did

If anything, a moral compass that exists without the fear of retribution of a vengeful god is more "real".

Yeah, that's the point.

I have my own idea of ethics. They were instilled in me by my atheist parents, who taught me right from wrong - not because that's what some God told them to, but simply because it's the right way to live.

But dude. Pay attention. No 'moral compass 'exists' beyond what you pretend in your pointless existence.

Exactly. That's my point. A "moral compass" born entirely from my life experiences is more valid to me than a "moral compass" born of fear of retribution.

I "pretend" to have a moral compass. How is that any different from "pretending" that there's a man in the sky watching what you do, and he'll send you to hell if you don't follow his moral compass.

Exactly.

You have just made it up.

I have been confronted by many about you just being a troll SF. I tried to withhold judgment thinking maybe you were just trying to irritate the left but it seems you have no limits to your narrow judgment of others. It's people like you that the left molds their idea that the right is a small tent party after.

While I do agree with some things you post even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

As it goes I WAS once a true believer until my god chose to take people I loved from me on the very day I celebrate my birth. You are like my ex-wife, the reason I will never go back to those beliefs.

Learn to deal with people of different beliefs or be relegated to a lonely life.

You really like the word "hate", don't you?

has he done anything but in this thread? so im calling him on his hate, going to defend his hate but not my right to call him on it? double standard.

How have I "defended" luddy of anything? What "hate" are you claiming that I "defended"?

i see you went after the conservative first. but again do what u want, it matters not, some people see it for what it is.

What does my belief in a god have to do with a belief in life?

Seriously, I'm looking for an answer.

I don't consider myself an atheist but rather a person that allows each to believe their own. Is that not good enough for you? .

Too American for many, I respect Santorum's love for his daughter, I wish his policies would reflect that same compassion.

Where don't they? Many Liberals would have aborted Bella as an undesirable. Was Mr Santorum not more compassionate than that?

I have been confronted by many about you just being a troll SF. I tried to withhold judgment thinking maybe you were just trying to irritate the left but it seems you have no limits to your narrow judgment of others. It's people like you that the left molds their idea that the right is a small tent party after.

While I do agree with some things you post even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

As it goes I WAS once a true believer until my god chose to take people I loved from me on the very day I celebrate my birth. You are like my ex-wife, the reason I will never go back to those beliefs.

Learn to deal with people of different beliefs or be relegated to a lonely life.

I am so sorry for your loss, but God did not do that to you my friend.

It rains on the just and the unjust... its just life, and sometimes it sucks balls.

Please pm me if ya ever just want to chat about it... believe me, I understand Gramps.

has he done anything but in this thread? so im calling him on his hate, going to defend his hate but not my right to call him on it? double standard.

How have I "defended" luddy of anything? What "hate" are you claiming that I "defended"?

i see you went after the conservative first. but again do what u want, it matters not, some people see it for what it is.

I "went after the conservative first"?

What's with your persecution complex? I didn't "go after" anyone.

But dude. Pay attention. No 'moral compass 'exists' beyond what you pretend in your pointless existence.

Exactly. That's my point. A "moral compass" born entirely from my life experiences is more valid to me than a "moral compass" born of fear of retribution.

I "pretend" to have a moral compass. How is that any different from "pretending" that there's a man in the sky watching what you do, and he'll send you to hell if you don't follow his moral compass.

Exactly.

So? What's your point?

Santorum is a whore.

The phony bastard couldn't be bothered to be at home with his daughter but he sure can use her when he wants cheap fake sentiment.

And, he's a liar. He lied when he was a member of the Clown Car Candidates and he's an even bigger liar now that he's up on that stage lying about welfare.

You know, it really pisses me off that you had your rep disabled. You are the second... well since he's banned, the most asinine partisan hack at USMB.

We are actually having a lively theological discussion, and remember, you are the one who wanted to continue it by demanding an answer. You are unnecessarily defensive, but I can see the discussion obviously disturbs you deeply.

The Doc, did not defend duddley dowrong, he just said that there was a conservative doing the same, and that you could not judge all democrats based on luddly's post. Just as we should not judge all Christians or conservatives based on how sniper fire is reacting to Grampa.

Sniper Fire, you are being just like luddly, and in that you are coming across as mean and self righteous. Is that really what you want?

The acid wit of Diaper Fire. Man. You all sure do take offense when it's pointed somewhere you don't like.

But admit it...

It's the same moronic shit-for-brains posts that have been flying around and landing like bird droppings for years. I guess when it lands on the wrong windshield, it doesn't wash away so easily 'eh ya'll?

The acid wit of Diaper Fire. Man. You all sure do take offense when it's pointed somewhere you don't like.

But admit it...

It's the same moronic shit-for-brains posts that have been flying around and landing like bird droppings for years. I guess when it lands on the wrong windshield, it doesn't wash away so easily 'eh ya'll?

Admit it, you got your username idea from me :D

Exactly.

So? What's your point?

From my initial post:

'Every life is precious and full of potential.'

Seems silly coming from an atheist. Carbon particles is carbon particles.

The Doc, did not defend duddley dowrong, he just said that there was a conservative doing the same, and that you could not judge all democrats based on luddly's post. Just as we should not judge all Christians or conservatives based on how sniper fire is reacting to Grampa.

Sniper Fire, you are being just like luddly, and in that you are coming across as mean and self righteous. Is that really what you want?

yes he did instead of saying "hey dont lump us all together i have my own opinions" he goes into a defensive stance of how dare you call on a dem for having the freedom of speech and since you too should have it, i think ill go after you" he was very forthright and competely standing his own ground, dr was, *roll my eyes* if you believe everyone has the freedom of speech and we dont acorrding to laws, than you dont create the double standard, Luddly has the right to spew hate, but you dont have the right to lump all dems, incorrect of me to say i agree, him going after a personal poster for the same right, double standard.

Forum List

Back