No politician has EVER brought a tear to my eye. Santorum just did

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
My stepdaughter has severe CP and despite all the cynicism is one of the great joys of my life. My ex-wife told me about how all the naysayers wanted her to give her up saying her life would never be full.
Now despite her severe physical handicaps she is one of the top of her class. She has done and has more potential to succeed than my own children despite her disability.
Every life is precious and full of potential. I'm not a believer in god but if I were I would say god bless Rick for his belief in human life and god bless his little Bella.

No need to debate it, Gramps.

I just think it strange when people try to ascribe purpose, meaning and/or 'belief' to things when they confess not to buy any of that hooey in the first place. I mean, how can one set of curiously animated and rather randomly collided atoms be more or less 'precious' than another?

• Banned
Every life is precious and full of potential.

Seems silly coming from an atheist. Carbon particles is carbon particles.

What does my belief in a god have to do with a belief in life?

Seriously, I'm looking for an answer.

I don't consider myself an atheist but rather a person that allows each to believe their own. Is that not good enough for you? .

My stepdaughter has severe CP and despite all the cynicism is one of the great joys of my life. My ex-wife told me about how all the naysayers wanted her to give her up saying her life would never be full.
Now despite her severe physical handicaps she is one of the top of her class. She has done and has more potential to succeed than my own children despite her disability.
Every life is precious and full of potential. I'm not a believer in god but if I were I would say god bless Rick for his belief in human life and god bless his little Bella.

I agree. Felt chills at that moment.

• Banned

I just think it strange when people try to ascribe purpose, meaning and/or 'belief' to things when they confess not to buy any of that hooey in the first place. I mean, how can one set of curiously animated and rather randomly collided atoms be more or less 'precious' than another?

I find it interesting that you would judge my beliefs or lack thereof when I don't judge yours.

Apparently you are one of those small tent people?

I don't consider myself an atheist but rather a person that allows each to believe their own. Is that not good enough for you? .

I agree with this. To each their own. I consider myself Agnostic which is basically the same thing. Believe what works for you-whatever it is.

That's awesome gramps! God Bless you and your stepdaughter! I love it!!!!

I find it interesting that you would judge my beliefs or lack thereof when I don't judge yours.

I just enjoy pointing out the flawed logic used by atheists.

Too American for many, I respect Santorum's love for his daughter, I wish his policies would reflect that same compassion.

I don't even know the true definition of an atheist yet you ascribe that definition to me.

I simply don't care. No need to judge.

I like science and what it has to offer. Is god real? I dunno anymore than you do but I don't begrudge you for what you think. It's personal and this thread isn't about that. But thanks for the derail attempt

I don't even know the true definition of an atheist yet you ascribe that definition to me.

I like science and what it has to offer. Is god real? I dunno anymore than you do but I don't begrudge you for what you think. It's personal and this thread isn't about that. But thanks for the derail attempt

Whatever. You said you were 'not a believer in god,' hence my remark.

Now you have changed your tune. But like you said, this thread isn't about that.

Now you have changed your tune. But like you said, this thread isn't about that.

Dude, you don't have to believe in God in order to see potential in a life.
Atheists can still have morals.... they can still believe in good and bad, right and wrong, life and death... that is a human condition.

I just had to interject my .02 :cool:

ALL life is precious... even the little flower in my yard has something to offer the world... Its beauty.

Atheists can still have morals.... they can still believe in good and bad, right and wrong, life and death... that is a human condition.

ALL life is precious... even the little flower in my yard has something to offer the world... Its beauty.

But... if there is nothing beyond this existence, would you agree these are not absolutes and are in fact, just pretend?

Santorum is a whore.

The phony bastard couldn't be bothered to be at home with his daughter but he sure can use her when he wants cheap fake sentiment.

And, he's a liar. He lied when he was a member of the Clown Car Candidates and he's an even bigger liar now that he's up on that stage lying about welfare.

But... if there is nothing beyond this existence, would you agree these are not absolutes and are in fact, just pretend?

Dude what the hell is your problem? If you are indeed a believer it is your duty not to judge others. Just give it a rest least I start to believe what the left says about you. This was a heartfelt thread and you are trashing it with your nonsense. Fuck off

Forum List

Back