No Negotiations Until Federal Gov Opens

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Shutdown Day 17: White House, Dems disagree on definition of ‘negotiating’

seems to me that they couldn't negotiate so that's why it was shut down. why is reopening it going to change anything?

in any event, what i don't understand is back in 2006 hillary, obama and many on the left said yes, walls are needed. they just didn't want a LONG wall that stretched out in areas where it doesn't make sense. use drones and technology to also supplement this.

so why not go back to what they wanted in 2006 and say "we'll compromise and do this" - around 700-1000 miles of walls *and* technology THEN we follow up by working on DACA and why immigration got to be such a hassle next.

instead we've put ourselves in a collective position where we simply refuse anything but what we want, even if we don't want it but only NOW want it cause *THEY* DON'T want it. whatever it is.

our government's collective mental age is around 8.

seems to me that they couldn't negotiate so that's why it was shut down. why is reopening it going to change anything?

in any event, what i don't understand is back in 2006 hillary, obama and many on the left said yes, walls are needed. they just didn't want a LONG wall that stretched out in areas where it doesn't make sense. use drones and technology to also supplement this.

so why not go back to what they wanted in 2006 and say "we'll compromise and do this" - around 700-1000 miles of walls *and* technology THEN we follow up by working on DACA and why immigration got to be such a hassle next.

instead we've put ourselves in a collective position where we simply refuse anything but what we want, even if we don't want it but only NOW want it cause *THEY* DON'T want it. whatever it is.

In the end that is what will happen, there will be funding for more miles of border barriers. The left will claim victory because there is no "wall" and the right will claim victory because a fence is the same as a wall.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves, we have the government we deserve.

well, in looking at other pics of the israel wall, i learned more about it all anyway. you're making me do some homework, gator!

Israel’s Wall

"It is part wall, part fence. Out in the countryside it is mostly a wire fence with razor wire, a ditch and electronic sensors. In town and city it is mostly a concrete wall up to 8 metres high, with graffiti and watchtowers. Pope Francis stopped at the wall in Bethlehem to pray. Barack Obama did not."

so saying LOOK AT ISRAEL is only partially correct. they don't have a wall around everything either. WWZ or not. :) the ones they do have are focused around the immediate area and then done.

what i also found interesting is that according to this article, israel is building the wall on land NOT their own. need to go dig up more history here if i get time today and research this for myself.

I know America is not Canada, though there are troubling signs you've become too much like us of late. Obama didn't help as he ushered in Canadian like state tactics against it's citizens.

Regardless, in the 1970's when Pierre Trudeau was PM, when asked how far he would go with dealing with the FLQ, a domestic French terror group, he said "just watch me" (referring to invoking martial law, and a National Emergency)

That was for the threats and I believe at that point, the death of one politician (there may have been more Canadians hurt, I don't know). Now you have 22M illegals, and how many U.S citizens have died by those who have entered? How many illegal activities been imported into America?

Trump should use those three words (quite famous in Canada), "Just watch me". Build the wall and deal with the aftermath, it will be a huge political boon for him. People have had enough, Open Border is not sustainable, you have the most generous immigration system on earth.

One problem is Trump has never laid down a concise plan of what he wants border security to be and why

Specify which sections require solid wall, where fencing is needed and where electronic surveillance is preferred. Then provide costs

Instead, we get one size fits all......wall, wall, wall

People deserve the government they get. If Trump presents his case well and the wall gets built, the nation will move forward. If P&S present a better case and the border is not secured, there will be continued and increased discontent. Funny how something as simple as a wall can have such a hold on us.

One problem is Trump has never laid down a concise plan of what he wants border security to be and why

Specify which sections require solid wall, where fencing is needed and where electronic surveillance is preferred. Then provide costs

Actually, he has said what he wants to do.

He wants to END ILLEGAL immigration. It is really hard to measure the costs, b/c it would not only cost the tax payer, it would completely realign the economy of the whole of N. America.

The ruling elite corporate sectors of Big Ag, the construction industry, and others foundations that give to the organized Day Labor industry, are all connected with the elite media at the CFR to brain wash American to make sure their source of illegal labor which does not need to be regulated continues.

This black market labor pool was important as it replaced domestic labor in the eighties, and continued to grow since. Now we are dependent on it. The electorate doesn't have an independent thought in their head that istn't put there by the corporate TEE VEE or corporate print, or wholly owned CFR silicon valley. Thus, they serve these interests, the interests of the elites which want black market labor in contravention of the ACA.

Naturally, NO ONE in the MSM is telling anyone the complete and total truth about this issue, nor is the administration.

How would folks feel if they knew that by constructing this wall, and ending illegal immigration, all landscaping and housing costs will go up?

All food costs will go up?

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

So much nobody is talking about.

Concise plans cost money, which Congress hasn't approved yet. Once again, the anti-wall douchebags are making demands that are impossible to comply with.

if "wall wall wall" is all you hear then you're listening to the media. couple that with a refusal to believe anything that won't paint trump in a negative light, of course you'll miss his other points because they stand a chance of slowing down your hate.

the "one size fits all" is more along the lines of our hate today than it is trumps policies. but you choose to see it in very simple negative terms and will refuse to "rethink" how you feel cause you just don't seem like the kind of guy willing to say "hey, maybe i'm wrong here". so you dig into stupid and bank on it all so you don't have to admit that maybe trump is capable of getting something right.

Actually, he has said what he wants to do.

He wants to END ILLEGAL immigration. It is really hard to measure the costs, b/c it would not only cost the tax payer, it would completely realign the economy of the whole of N. America.

The ruling elite corporate sectors of Big Ag, the construction industry, and others foundations that give to the organized Day Labor industry, are all connected with the elite media at the CFR to brain wash American to make sure their source of illegal labor which does not need to be regulated continues.

This black market labor pool was important as it replaced domestic labor in the eighties, and continued to grow since. Now we are dependent on it. The electorate doesn't have an independent thought in their head that istn't put there by the corporate TEE VEE or corporate print, or wholly owned CFR silicon valley. Thus, they serve these interests, the interests of the elites which want black market labor in contravention of the ACA.

Naturally, NO ONE in the MSM is telling anyone the complete and total truth about this issue, nor is the administration.

How would folks feel if they knew that by constructing this wall, and ending illegal immigration, all landscaping and housing costs will go up?

All food costs will go up?

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

So much nobody is talking about.
and when you try people get all excited and shout out the typical HATE THAT HAHA THEY'RE STUPID and we continue this 3rd grade social dance mentality and keep on believing what we believed yesterday, even though yesterday nothing changed and we still are not a fan of these times we've created.

yet we keep re-creating it.

all you hear hear hear because it has been made the poster child of this issue. you ever actually go do some digging to see what is beneath the shiney headline?

Immigration policy of Donald Trump - Wikipedia
Trump’s Immigration Policies Explained
How Do Trump's Immigration Plans Affect You?

you can go find sites that tell you the news and the facts, or you can go find sites that support your existing views of hate.

which you gonna do today?

Did president Bush usurp congress' s constitutional power by shutting down the gov't in 2006?

Concise plans cost money, which Congress hasn't approved yet. Once again, the anti-wall douchebags are making demands that are impossible to comply with.

Money? Mexico isn’t paying for it?

Did president Bush usurp congress' s constitutional power by shutting down the gov't in 2006?
dunno. i wasn't talking about bush but i suppose a good old WHATABOUTISM is warranted when you can't address the topic at hand.

Let's just get rid of the Federal Government and leave border enforcement to the several states that border Mexico.

Problem solved.

Really?

CA would install gigantic vacuums to pull everyone down to the equator into their State

Last edited:

Why do you insist on confirming your idiocy?

That's the part that bothers me. I don't think a President should go around Congress, just to get funding for a project he wants. We have three equal branches of government and a system of checks and balances for a very good reason. This is a test of that system,I think.

Why do you insist on confirming your idiocy?
I was told by the blob that Mexico was going to pay for the wall. Why do you insist on calling the blob a liar?

Shut it down forever. Declare a National Emergency and build The Wall. Only Congress controls the purse strings to Government, and it's their responsibility to change this.

The President does not have the power to shut down The Government.

Forum List

Back