Nine dead in Waco, 190 charged in senseless gang violence, thanks NRA

from another similar thread:

How many do you think had a Texas CHL? No hurry, I'll wait.
I would not presume to question your superior knowledge. So, tell me, with links, how many did have CHL? I only ask because, under our constitution, anyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Deflection noted. I guess you can't understand a simple question asking your opinion. I've been trying to find a photo of the entrance to the restaurant, I would like to know if they had a 51 sign posted. That sign would indicate that 51% of their sales were for alcohol and if one were posted no weapons are allowed. So far that remains an open question.

I believe at the time of the shooting this Twin Peak franchise had it's beer license revoked.

Nope, the TX Alcoholic Beverage Commission suspended their license for 7 days on May 18th, after the shooting. There's a copy of the letter at the link.

Twin Peaks Revokes Waco Restaurant s Franchise After Shootout NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Thanks for the correction.

So prove it. I got the NRA backing me up this time. It frankly feels a little creepy.
Show how the NRA is backing you.
It perfectly fits the "Good guy with a gun" scenario.
No it doesn't.
Here you have four to five rival gangs in a all out war. It's not even close to a "good guy with a gun" scenario.
He knows he cannot show where the NRA has ever said anything about 'a good guy with a gun" stopping a 3-way gang fight.
He know it, he just isn't adult enough to admit it.
Instead, he prefers to lie in order to make a point.
Says all that need be said.
View attachment 41483

And he was right. Police with firearms brought the fight to an immediate halt.

It's exactly what the NRA claims happens in shooting incidents. You calling them liars too?
The fact that you repeat your lie does not change the fact that it is a lie.

So prove it. I got the NRA backing me up this time. It frankly feels a little creepy.

No it doesn't.

Here you have four to five rival gangs in a all out war. It's not even close to a "good guy with a gun" scenario.

So, joining a motorcycle club makes you a criminal, with no right to self defence?

Damn! I guess that I am going to have to resign from the one I belong to in Tucson! I'm going to miss the july 4th picnic!

It just occurred to me that these guys in Waco are exactly the guys that the RW gun nuts insist have every right to do what they did.

So, what we have is, say, 300 people, who happen to belong to motorcycle clubs. I doubt if many, if any, are actively on any "wanted" list. They have every right as citizens to go to the restaurant of their choice. Yet, they believe that their lives may be in danger, and they believe that they have every right to bring their weapons with them, for self defence purposes. Turns out that they are right. Somebody throws a punch, somebody pulls a knife, and somebody fires a shot. Suddenly, we have three hundred armed citizens taking defensive action with their guns, At least 100 rounds are fired, and patrons are hiding in the cooler.

And it will be damned hard for any prosecutor to prove that any shot fired by any one of them was not in self defence. The NRA will be proud!

Yep! it all played out exactly how 2aguy has been saying all along! What could be more American than 300 armed citizens protecting their 2nd Amendment rights, while also protecting themselves from armed thugs and from the police, (who killed 4 of them).

I would not presume to question your superior knowledge. So, tell me, with links, how many did have CHL? I only ask because, under our constitution, anyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Deflection noted. I guess you can't understand a simple question asking your opinion. I've been trying to find a photo of the entrance to the restaurant, I would like to know if they had a 51 sign posted. That sign would indicate that 51% of their sales were for alcohol and if one were posted no weapons are allowed. So far that remains an open question.

Actually, it is not a deflection. It is my refusing to be baited to answer a stupid question, to which no one knows the answer.

The fact that you repeat your lie does not change the fact that it is a lie.

No it doesn't.

So, joining a motorcycle club makes you a criminal, with no right to self defence?

Damn! I guess that I am going to have to resign from the one I belong to in Tucson! I'm going to miss the july 4th picnic!

Joining a gang that has a reputation of pushing drugs, guns and enforcing their turf with violence, I would say is a pretty good indicator you're most likely a criminal or at the very least aspire to be one.

No it doesn't.

Joining a gang that has a reputation of pushing drugs, guns and enforcing their turf with violence, I would say is a pretty good indicator you're most likely a criminal or at the very least aspire to be one.

I'm not sure that your assessment will stand up in court. As far as they, and NRA, are concerned, they are not criminals until they have been convicted of a crime.

Don't give up your day job to practice law.

It just occurred to me that these guys in Waco are exactly the guys that the RW gun nuts insist have every right to do what they did.

So, what we have is, say, 300 people, who happen to belong to motorcycle clubs. I doubt if many, if any, are actively on any "wanted" list. They have every right as citizens to go to the restaurant of their choice. Yet, they believe that their lives may be in danger, and they believe that they have every right to bring their weapons with them, for self defence purposes. Turns out that they are right. Somebody throws a punch, somebody pulls a knife, and somebody fires a shot. Suddenly, we have three hundred armed citizens taking defensive action with their guns, At least 100 rounds are fired, and patrons are hiding in the cooler.

And it will be damned hard for any prosecutor to prove that any shot fired by any one of them was not in self defence. The NRA will be proud!

Yep! it all played out exactly how 2aguy has been saying all along! What could be more American than 300 armed citizens protecting their 2nd Amendment rights, while also protecting themselves from armed thugs and from the police, (who killed 4 of them).

Actually, it is not a deflection. It is my refusing to be baited to answer a stupid question, to which no one knows the answer.

Considering the gangs involved I would put the odds of one of them being able to pass a background check at about 50/1. You don't throw out common sense just because you're a biker.

Considering the gangs involved I would put the odds of one of them being able to pass a background check at about 50/1. You don't throw out common sense just because you're a biker.

I guess that we we never know for sure, will we?

No it doesn't.

I'm not sure that your assessment will stand up in court. As far as they, and NRA, are concerned, they are not criminals until they have been convicted of a crime.

Seriously have you ever watched the TV show called Gangsters, they have profiled several of the gangs involved, they're not very nice guys. Like you said for this particular incident they are innocent until proven guilty but I seriously doubt that many of them are strangers to conviction.

I guess that we we never know for sure, will we?

Not necessarily, I'm going to send a request to the local Waco media and ask them to find out if any of the suspects held a TX CHL. It may go somewhere, it may not.

Police have said that all those arrested were part of criminal motorcycle gangs, but only two of the nine people killed had criminal histories in Texas. (<- important note)

Records show Wayne Lee Campbell was arrested for driving while intoxicated in 2002 in Rowlett in Dallas County and sentenced to probation. In 2007, Campbell was charged with assault in Tarrant County and served 45 days in jail.

In addition, Manuel Isaac Rodriguez was arrested in 2010 and served probation for unlawfully carrying a weapon at a bar in Lewisville. same link

Police have said that all those arrested were part of criminal motorcycle gangs, but only two of the nine people killed had criminal histories in Texas. (<- important note)

Records show Wayne Lee Campbell was arrested for driving while intoxicated in 2002 in Rowlett in Dallas County and sentenced to probation. In 2007, Campbell was charged with assault in Tarrant County and served 45 days in jail.

In addition, Manuel Isaac Rodriguez was arrested in 2010 and served probation for unlawfully carrying a weapon at a bar in Lewisville. same link

Well I guess that's 2 we know didn't have a CHL. Assault and weapons convictions are disqualifiers.

Police narrative that they are all criminals is obviously false. Police narrative that fight spilled out from restaurant obviously false.

No it doesn't.

Seriously have you ever watched the TV show called Gangsters, they have profiled several of the gangs involved, they're not very nice guys. Like you said for this particular incident they are innocent until proven guilty but I seriously doubt that many of them are strangers to conviction.

I am sure that you are correct. My issue is with those that maintain that anyone should be able to buy a firearm without a background check, including members of outlaw biker gangs. Sure, they would find another way to buy weapons, but why in the hell do we have to make it so damned easy for them? Not to mention that there is a major gun nut faction in Texas that wants to legalize unlicensed concealed weapons rights for handguns, like we have in AZ. That would have taken, yet another, law enforcement tool away from the "good guys".

Oh, and BTW, Being an active member of the Sheriff's Auxiliary volunteers, I think of cops, and myself, as the "good guys". I'm old fashioned about things like that.

No it doesn't.

I am sure that you are correct. My issue is with those that maintain that anyone should be able to buy a firearm without a background check, including members of outlaw biker gangs. Sure, they would find another way to buy weapons, but why in the hell do we have to make it so damned easy for them? Not to mention that there is a major gun nut faction in Texas that wants to legalize unlicensed concealed weapons rights for handguns, like we have in AZ. That would have taken, yet another, law enforcement tool away from the "good guys".

TX already has a form of unlicensed concealed carry, any legal gun owner can have a gun in their car. You only need a license if you want to carry it on your person outside your car. Also it looks like open carry for CHL holders will be approved this year. I doubt I'll take advantage of that until I see how the local LEO's react to people carrying openly. I don't see how unlicensed concealed carry would take away any tools from law enforcement, you can legally own a gun or not, you get caught carrying illegally your busted.

Forum List

Back