NFL’s Major Sponsor Ford Supports National Anthem Protest, Says That Trump’s Behavior Is…

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share,”

Ford expressed in a statement.

“That’s part of what makes America great.”

Not sure why so many conservatives have a tough time understanding this.

The issue isn't them expressing their opinions. No one is stopping them from doing it, (so far). The issue is people are sick of politics being shoved into every single little corner of their lives. The issue is these guy's viewpoints are being blasted by every media outlet out there, and they did nothing to earn this extra attention besides being really good at throwing a football, catching a football, running with a football, tacking a guy or a blocking a guy. It is the sense of an undeserved platform that probably pisses people off.

If you're sick of politics being shoved into every single little corner of their lives why do you post on these boards?

because when i choose to come here I know what I am getting into. When I go to or watch a football game, i want to see football. and the cheerleaders.

Would you object if the cheerleaders were on their knees?

I still can't get over how funny it is to see the RWnuts have to completely flip flop from their fanatical support and approval of the WHITE SUPREMACIST protests over the statues

to wholly condemning these protests in every way possible.

The common theme to both is......?
This has nothing to do with the flag, anthem or the military and everything to do with race.

The issue isn't them expressing their opinions. No one is stopping them from doing it, (so far). The issue is people are sick of politics being shoved into every single little corner of their lives. The issue is these guy's viewpoints are being blasted by every media outlet out there, and they did nothing to earn this extra attention besides being really good at throwing a football, catching a football, running with a football, tacking a guy or a blocking a guy. It is the sense of an undeserved platform that probably pisses people off.

The fact that this puts it in your face is exactly why it's effective.

And what do you/they think they're accomplishing exactly?

Awareness, dummy.

I'm pretty sure Americans are well aware of BLMs ridiculous claims of police brutality considering they murdered cops all over the country.
The only thing they are drawing awareness to is they support killing cops.

Thanks for admitting it has nothing to do with disrespect for the flag and everything to do with your objection to the idea that black lives matter. Not matter more. Just matter.

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share,”

I don't know how you could be on USMB for 8 years and still be unsure about that.

I realized that my first day.
By the comments made by liberals / snowflakes it is also obvious that the only views they respect are those that agree with their opinions and ideology.

Snowflakes rioted, looted, destroyed property, engaged in arson and terrorism, Democrats hired thugs to beat and bloody Trump supporters, they threatened the lives of Electoral College voters in order to try to overturn an already-decided election, called for military coups, called for assassinations, attempted to carry out assassinations, initiated and used violence in order to successfully strip Americans of their Constitutional Rights of Speech and peaceful assembly NOT because they actually believe in EVERYONE'S right to express their views but to SILENCE opinions and ideology that is not their own!

So you guys can cut the 'everyone's views matter' bullshit when you attack and personally insult people every day on this board who do not share your views.

I still can't get over how funny it is to see the RWnuts have to completely flip flop from their fanatical support and approval of the WHITE SUPREMACIST protests over the statues

to wholly condemning these protests in every way possible.

The common theme to both is......?
This has nothing to do with the flag, anthem or the military and everything to do with race.

At the end of the day they, meaning everyone has a right to peacefully protest, one side or the other. Being a disabled vet doesn't matter to me and I am not the least bit offended that someone does not stand for the anthem. They are not disrespecting me much less even know who the hell I am. There are more important things to worry about in this nation and Trump is getting everyone including his cult followers off track.

If you're sick of politics being shoved into every single little corner of their lives why do you post on these boards?

because when i choose to come here I know what I am getting into. When I go to or watch a football game, i want to see football. and the cheerleaders.

I actually prefer them jumping up and down.

Awareness, dummy.

I'm pretty sure Americans are well aware of BLMs ridiculous claims of police brutality considering they murdered cops all over the country.

Thanks for admitting it has nothing to do with disrespect for the flag and everything to do with your objection to the idea that black lives matter. Not matter more. Just matter.

What the fuck do you think this is all about you fucken tard?
They're disrespecting our Flag our Troops and America over a non existent problem.

You can thank your president for that.

We expect politics from our president, and we expect blowhard-ness from this one.

People watching a football game don't want it.

Like I said, thank your president. This has been ongoing for quite a while. It didn't blow up until Trump blew it up.

The NFL national anthem protesters are not actually protesting police brutality, they are just dumb racist bigots who hate white folks.
On average there are about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. Only about .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL national anthem protesters are being exploited by left wing demagogue News Channels, Politicians and Pundits.

I actually prefer them jumping up and down.

Yep, got to admit so do I.

Awareness, dummy.

They're disrespecting our Flag our Troops and America over a non existent problem.

I explained to you what it is all about. You've shown again that your real objection is with the idea that black lives matter. The disrespect angle is just the cover for your rage over black men who have an opinion.

I don't know how you could be on USMB for 8 years and still be unsure about that.

I realized that my first day.
By the comments made by liberals / snowflakes it is also obvious that the only views they respect are those that agree with their opinions and ideology.

Snowflakes rioted, looted, destroyed property, engaged in arson and terrorism, Democrats hired thugs to beat and bloody Trump supporters, they threatened the lives of Electoral College voters in order to try to overturn an already-decided election, called for military coups, called for assassinations, attempted to carry out assassinations, initiated and used violence in order to successfully strip Americans of their Constitutional Rights of Speech and peaceful assembly NOT because they actually believe in EVERYONE'S right to express their views but to SILENCE opinions and ideology that is not their own!

So you guys can cut the 'everyone's views matter' bullshit when you attack and personally insult people every day on this board who do not share your views.

I'm supposed to respect the views of the white supremacists?

The NFL national anthem protesters are not actually protesting police brutality, they are just dumb racist bigots who hate white folks.
On average there are about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. Only about .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL national anthem protesters are being exploited by left wing demagogue News Channels, Politicians and Pundits.

Hey, who the fuck cares what they're protesting? Do you make your daily decisions on what protestors do?

While you're at work, if you work, do you sit there thinking about this shit all day? In bed at night does it keep you up? I think some people are driving themselves crazy with this shit? Maybe you all should have a group session with Dr Phil.

You can thank your president for that.

We expect politics from our president, and we expect blowhard-ness from this one.

People watching a football game don't want it.

Like I said, thank your president. This has been ongoing for quite a while. It didn't blow up until Trump blew it up.

It was going to blow up sooner or later, he just made it sooner.

Awareness, dummy.

I explained to you what it is all about. You've shown again that your real objection is with the idea that black lives matter. The disrespect angle is just the cover for your rage over black men who have an opinion.

No...I object to this whole mess.
There is no police brutality and even if there were disrespecting our Flag,Country and Troops is not the way to go about protesting it.

Guess repugs will all stop driving their Ford pickups now.
Definitely makes me rethink my upcoming purchase of a new Raptor...
So are there any ideologically pure car makers out there? GM is out. Now Ford. Chrysler is Italian now. Y'all gotta walk now.
Or Conservatives can wake up and realize that the entirety of America must be started over.

There are no longer any corporations that are even remotely conservative. Burn them all down.

The belief that somehow Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, Ford etc are on the "other side" of lunatics running the Starbucks, the Googles etc is grossly ignorant.
Or Conservatives can wake up and realize that the entirety of America must be started over.

Or conservatives can wake up, stop crying and realize the America has left your regressive and dopey views in the past where they belong.
You wanted to elect a treasonous bitch as president. Then you support the disrespect of our great troops. Your views need to be put in the past.

I understand that all of this change is very disconcerting for you. It always is for you types as we drag you into the future. It gets easier with time. :itsok:

We do. What we don't understand is why so much backlash from Liberals when we protest their protest. Do you understand that freedom of speech is for everyone? Freedom of speech doesn't mean protection from an opposing view. Lastly, why is the Ford rep talking about freedom of speech? The protest is supposed to be about oppression. But that seems have gotten lost in the freedom of speech BS.

Awareness, dummy.

There is no police brutality and even if there were disrespecting our Flag,Country and Troops is not the way to go about protesting it.

The evidence is documented and incontrovertable. Your unwillingness to accept that is your issue. Silently taking a knee is not disrespectful to anyone anymore than raising a fist silently was.

The evidence is documented and incontrovertable. Your unwillingness to accept that is your issue. Silently taking a knee is not disrespectful to anyone anymore than raising a fist silently was.

Hands up dont shoot!!!

Forum List

Back