NFL’s Major Sponsor Ford Supports National Anthem Protest, Says That Trump’s Behavior Is…

NFL players on practically every team exhibited some kind of protesting and lack of respect for our military men and ladies, joining against President Trump and our country.

These NFL tycoons seem to be very satisfied with themselves for their shameful conduct.

We are even stunned by some who are supporting this idiotic protest.

Ford Motors expressed that they are supporting the boycott of the national anthem.

Ford is a noteworthy sponsor of the National Football League.

Ford Motor Co., an important sponsor of the National Football League, openly supported all players who are protesting and are criticizing President Trump’s behavior.

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share,”

Ford expressed in a statement.

“That’s part of what makes America great.”

Source: NFL’s Major Sponsor Ford Supports National Anthem Protest, Says That Trump’s Behavior Is… - US Politics House
Kneeling is not a form of disrespect.

Half of America disagrees.
Why?

Should we ask the British if kneeling before a lord, is a form of disrespect?

Kneeling is not a form of disrespect. It may be considered a form of respect.

Silently taking a knee is not disrespectful to anyone anymore than raising a fist silently was.
To YOU, and that is an extremely key point here. 58% of the American people, as reported yesterday, disagree with you that taking a knee during the National Anthem is not disrespectful. THAT is documented incontrovertible, YOUR unwillingness to accept that is YOUR issue.

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share,”

Ford expressed in a stat

Not sure why so many conservatives have a tough time understanding this.

There are better avenues to air grievances.

I'm not sure why loons have a tough time understanding this
We all agree that rioting is not a good avenue to air grievances. We don't agree that a few players here and there kneeling during an untelevised National Anthem was equally as heinous.

The issue isn't them expressing their opinions. No one is stopping them from doing it, (so far). The issue is people are sick of politics being shoved into every single little corner of their lives. The issue is these guy's viewpoints are being blasted by every media outlet out there, and they did nothing to earn this extra attention besides being really good at throwing a football, catching a football, running with a football, tacking a guy or a blocking a guy. It is the sense of an undeserved platform that probably pisses people off.

I agree with this post. The OP is intending to be inflammatory because it suggests that Ford is in favor of the protests when in fact their statement clearly states the opposite. Then this "tycoon" thing buys into the "rich uppity" theory of pro sports players. Many many more, especially in the NFL are players who make more than we do a year, but their average life in the NFL is about 3 years. That is the sum total of their earning power in this sport. So while there are "tycoons," they are not anywhere near the majority . They are QBs primarily (the highest paid position in the league) and they are majority white.

I watch sports because it has pretty much been a respite from the madness that has gripped our country. Everything is subject to politicization and OUTRAGE! Except sports. (Well sports had its own insular outrages --- why'd they go for it on fourth down????) Until the President pointed out this protest thing, really only a relatively few players in the NFL were protesting, the networks didn't show the National Anthem and these players were pretty much ignored.

Now the players (not the NFL) have ratcheted up the protests and it is impossible to ignore it. To me, this is people making a mountain out of a molehill. A very small molehill. And I'm pissed off that they have politicized something that is really just a distraction in our society.

They (both sides), know what they are doing. They are making a distraction a political issue to hype their base.

I refuse to pay any further attention. I'm going to watch football and ignore the protests. Because I like football. I'm not going to let media hype on both sides deprive me of my constitutional right to watch football.

Last edited by a moderator:

The issue isn't them expressing their opinions. No one is stopping them from doing it, (so far). The issue is people are sick of politics being shoved into every single little corner of their lives. The issue is these guy's viewpoints are being blasted by every media outlet out there, and they did nothing to earn this extra attention besides being really good at throwing a football, catching a football, running with a football, tacking a guy or a blocking a guy. It is the sense of an undeserved platform that probably pisses people off.

The fact that this puts it in your face is exactly why it's effective.

And what do you/they think they're accomplishing exactly?
Progress.
The same thing that ensured rights for lgbt folks and enabled the removal of the last vestiges of the confederacy and Jim Crow.
I would think you would understand this by now. You guys are always the last to get it.

Yep. And unfortunately, this behavior has infected both ends. Just drop by your local campus.

At some point, we became so narcissistic and intolerant and incurious that we just can't handle opposing views any more.

When did that happen?

So instead of objecting to police brutality, people should should shut up and 'handle' it?

Goddam that's funny
And the King of the Straw Man drops in.

Right on cue. Again.

Straw man?

That was the basis for the protest.
Yes, Straw Man. He blatantly lied about my position, as he usually does.

I invite you to show me where I said what he pretends I said.

If you don't/won't see that, there's clearly nothing I can say. I know how it goes here.

Or your intent wasn't clear.

NFL players on practically every team exhibited some kind of protesting and lack of respect for our military men and ladies, joining against President Trump and our country.

These NFL tycoons seem to be very satisfied with themselves for their shameful conduct.

Ford Motors expressed that they are supporting the boycott of the national anthem.

Ford Motor Co., an important sponsor of the National Football League, openly supported all players who are protesting and are criticizing President Trump’s behavior.

Source: NFL’s Major Sponsor Ford Supports National Anthem Protest, Says That Trump’s Behavior Is… - US Politics House

Lack of respect for the military? How come? The flag and the anthem aren't the military, that's complete and utter bullshit.

The fact that this puts it in your face is exactly why it's effective.

And what do you/they think they're accomplishing exactly?
Progress.
The same thing that ensured rights for lgbt folks and enabled the removal of the last vestiges of the confederacy and Jim Crow.
I would think you would understand this by now. You guys are always the last to get it.

What do ya wanna bet BLM and kneeling players accomplishes absolutely nothing.

If you think cops are going to stop enforcing laws and letting criminals go free because they're black you're a complete dolt.

Yep. And unfortunately, this behavior has infected both ends. Just drop by your local campus.

At some point, we became so narcissistic and intolerant and incurious that we just can't handle opposing views any more.

When did that happen?

So instead of objecting to police brutality, people should should shut up and 'handle' it?

Goddam that's funny

Right on cue. Again.

Straw man?

If you don't/won't see that, there's clearly nothing I can say. I know how it goes here.

If it isn't clear, and if it matters, you ask for clarification.

Or you do what he did, what you defended, and lie.

At least that's what most adults would do.

Kneeling is not a form of disrespect.

Half of America disagrees.
Why?

Should we ask the British if kneeling before a lord, is a form of disrespect?

Kneeling is not a form of disrespect. It may be considered a form of respect.
maybe - but are you going to try and sell this bucket of shit they're doing it out of "respect"?

Goddam that's funny

Right on cue. Again.

Straw man?

This Board is priceless for that. Yesterday some dude was trying to convince me that streakers and fights in NFL stands were televised by networks. Instead of saying, yeah that's the policy (which it is) he posted some bing videos insisting they were network feeds (they were clearly iphone videos posted to bing). Hilarious. I will freely admit when I am mistaken. For example, my posting on this site generally civil posts seeking civility in return. Mistaken.

I still can't get over how funny it is to see the RWnuts have to completely flip flop from their fanatical support and approval of the WHITE SUPREMACIST protests over the statues

to wholly condemning these protests in every way possible.

The common theme to both is......?
This has nothing to do with the flag, anthem or the military and everything to do with race.

At the end of the day they, meaning everyone has a right to peacefully protest, one side or the other. Being a disabled vet doesn't matter to me and I am not the least bit offended that someone does not stand for the anthem. They are not disrespecting me much less even know who the hell I am. There are more important things to worry about in this nation and Trump is getting everyone including his cult followers off track.

I agree completely. Thank you for your service.
As a veteran myself, I find it funny that they are able to speak to what I find disrespectful.
The majority of veterans I've seen on these threads all share similar views.

Right on cue. Again.

Straw man?

This Board is priceless for that. Yesterday some dude was trying to convince me that streakers and fights in NFL stands were televised by networks. Instead of saying, yeah that's the policy (which it is) he posted some bing videos insisting they were network feeds (they were clearly iphone videos posted to bing). Hilarious. I will freely admit when I am mistaken. For example, my posting on this site generally civil posts seeking civility in return. Mistaken.
Yeah. I've essentially given up trying to have normal conversations with wingers on either end here. Everyone is so busy rattling off bumper sticker dogma and personally attacking those who disagree -- not to mention flat out lying -- that it's pointless.

It's much easier having these conversations in real life. This place is more valuable to me for observation.

Definitely makes me rethink my upcoming purchase of a new Raptor...
So are there any ideologically pure car makers out there? GM is out. Now Ford. Chrysler is Italian now. Y'all gotta walk now.
Or Conservatives can wake up and realize that the entirety of America must be started over.

There are no longer any corporations that are even remotely conservative. Burn them all down.

The belief that somehow Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, Ford etc are on the "other side" of lunatics running the Starbucks, the Googles etc is grossly ignorant.
Or Conservatives can wake up and realize that the entirety of America must be started over.

Or conservatives can wake up, stop crying and realize the America has left your regressive and dopey views in the past where they belong.
You wanted to elect a treasonous bitch as president. Then you support the disrespect of our great troops. Your views need to be put in the past.

I understand that all of this change is very disconcerting for you. It always is for you types as we drag you into the future. It gets easier with time. :itsok:
Lol, says a snowflake.

Straw man?

Yeah. I've essentially given up trying to have normal conversations with wingers on either end here. Everyone is so busy rattling off bumper sticker dogma and personally attacking those who disagree -- not to mention flat out lying -- that it's pointless.

It's much easier having these conversations in real life. This place is more valuable to me for observation.

LOL like an aquarium containing odd looking reptiles...

I don't know how you could be on USMB for 8 years and still be unsure about that.

I realized that my first day.
By the comments made by liberals / snowflakes it is also obvious that the only views they respect are those that agree with their opinions and ideology.

Snowflakes rioted, looted, destroyed property, engaged in arson and terrorism, Democrats hired thugs to beat and bloody Trump supporters, they threatened the lives of Electoral College voters in order to try to overturn an already-decided election, called for military coups, called for assassinations, attempted to carry out assassinations, initiated and used violence in order to successfully strip Americans of their Constitutional Rights of Speech and peaceful assembly NOT because they actually believe in EVERYONE'S right to express their views but to SILENCE opinions and ideology that is not their own!

So you guys can cut the 'everyone's views matter' bullshit when you attack and personally insult people every day on this board who do not share your views.

This phony narrative is designed so sow discord among Americans. Wise up America. Trump plays for Russia. Get rid of him. Impeach and removal is the only option.

The NFL national anthem protesters are not actually protesting police brutality, they are just dumb racist bigots who hate white folks.
On average there are about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. Only about .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL national anthem protesters are being exploited by left wing demagogue News Channels, Politicians and Pundits.
The NFL national anthem protesters are not actually protesting police brutality, they are just dumb racist bigots who hate white folks.
On average there are about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. Only about .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL national anthem protesters are being exploited by left wing demagogue News Channels, Politicians and Pundits.

Thank you for your honesty.
I suspect that this opinion, to some degree, is at the core of why most people feel outrage over this protest and not the flag.

There goes the neighborhood...

If I were protesting the NFL and its sponsors this might be a problem as I already have a lifetime ban on GM for being bailed out with my tax dollars while my business suffered as well during the crash.
And as well will never buy a GM vehicle.
Guess I'll be sticking with 'foreign' vehicles.

You can thank your president for that.

We expect politics from our president, and we expect blowhard-ness from this one.

People watching a football game don't want it.

Like I said, thank your president. This has been ongoing for quite a while. It didn't blow up until Trump blew it up.

It was going to blow up sooner or later, he just made it sooner.

So blame him, not the media. The media reports on the hurricane. They don't make it.

This phony narrative is designed so sow discord among Americans. Wise up America. Trump plays for Russia. Get rid of him. Impeach and removal is the only option.
Yes, snowflakes will provide the evidence of Russian Collusion they have promised for a year any day now.

Yup, you got Trump. The President stood up for America by criticizing players who were disrespecting the National Anthem because the Russians demanded he do so.

:p

Forum List

Back