NFL - TV Ratings Down 20%

Millions of people were preparing for a hurricane or on the road to get out of its path, ya moron. It was Irma, not Kaepernick, which lowered ratings.

The state of Florida was unaccounted for in the TV ratings, due to Hurricane Irma. So, no. Try again.
That's not what your own link says....

In fact, with Hurricane Irma evacuations in Florida likely having an effect on viewership in the Sunshine State, this is the first time in five years that the total audience of the kickoff game has fallen below 25 million. And, while the most watched network show in three months, even with streaming and other NBC platforms bumping things up to 22.2 million, the game still fell short of the 25 million mark.

They're counting the total audience. Even worse for your thread, preseason viewership was up before the hurricane...

Before last night’s results, a sliver of hope had seemed to emerge as this year’s preseason games were up 5% over the 2016 exhibitions.

Irma was the cause, not Kaepernick.

MHmmmm. Sure.

That's why the ratings were WAY down again this week.

While NFL games remain some of the most-watched content on television, ratings slid 12 percent in the NFL's opening weekend, with many blaming Hurricane Irma. But without dramatic weather, the second weekend was off 15 percent year-over-year. This comes after an 8 percent ratings slump last season.

NFL TV Ratings Slide Worries Wall Street

:rofl:
In Florida alone, there were still more than a million people without electricity...

1.1 million in Florida still without power after Irma

There are a number of factors that are probably part of the decline in viewership of the NFL lately. Kaepernick and others protesting is one, but how much impact it actually has had is hard to say.

We'll see as the season goes on if the hurricanes are the biggest reason for the decline so far.

the cheatriot apologists in denial mode as always.:biggrin:

Millions of people were preparing for a hurricane or on the road to get out of its path, ya moron. It was Irma, not Kaepernick, which lowered ratings.

The state of Florida was unaccounted for in the TV ratings, due to Hurricane Irma. So, no. Try again.

In fact, with Hurricane Irma evacuations in Florida likely having an effect on viewership in the Sunshine State, this is the first time in five years that the total audience of the kickoff game has fallen below 25 million. And, while the most watched network show in three months, even with streaming and other NBC platforms bumping things up to 22.2 million, the game still fell short of the 25 million mark.

They're counting the total audience. Even worse for your thread, preseason viewership was up before the hurricane...

Before last night’s results, a sliver of hope had seemed to emerge as this year’s preseason games were up 5% over the 2016 exhibitions.

MHmmmm. Sure.

While NFL games remain some of the most-watched content on television, ratings slid 12 percent in the NFL's opening weekend, with many blaming Hurricane Irma. But without dramatic weather, the second weekend was off 15 percent year-over-year. This comes after an 8 percent ratings slump last season.

In Florida alone, there were still more than a million people without electricity...

Feel free to break out the excuse machine next week......

you mean like the desperate grasping st straws excuses YOU always use to try and convince yourself that the cheatriots have not tainteda a great sport?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::itsok:

MHmmmm. Sure.

Feel free to break out the excuse machine next week......

you mean like the desperate grasping st straws excuses YOU always use to try and convince yourself that the cheatriots have not tainteda a great sport?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::itsok:
Brady didn't cheat, it was a false flag operation by our own government.

:lmao:

The NFL ratings are tanking!!! . Since the weirdo Kapernutjob and his comrades started disrespecting our National Anthem, the NFL TV ratings have dropped significantly, with no end in sight.

with a 14.6/25 in meter-market ratings, the beginning of the new NFL season was not exactly a winner for the league and NBC.

Of course, last night’s 8:45 PM – midnight ET game comes off last season’s sacked ratings, as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was soundly booed and mocked by clown nose sporting Patriots fans at Foxborough last night, the Comcast-owned net and others are more than aware. Starting out in a 12% decline, a generous analysis had ratings for the 2016-2017 season down around 8% overall from the year before in the end.
NFL Kickoff Game Ratings Take A Hit From 2016 As Patriots Lose To Chiefs
On a personal note- this is the first season in 20 years that I am not playing any Fantasy Football. None. I just don't care about it anymore. I don't think I am alone either.
Dammit its all Collin Kaepernicks fault. Kap told Conservative Amerika to go fuck off.

At one moment they're "that damn Berkeley won't let anyone have free speech, DAMN LIBRULS! In the next moment they're "that damn Collin Kapernick is exercising his free speech and he shouldn't! DAMN LIBRULS!

Schizophrenia, learn the warning signs before someone you care about gets it.

No one said Colin Kaepernick can’t exercise his free speech. He is allowed to and the rest of America can exercise their right by reacting to what he said.

In the case of Berkeley they have a right to respond to those that exercise free speech but in a civilized society they are not allowed to use violence.

See the difference, opinions, thoughts, demonstrations boycotting are fine, violence and suppressing thought and opinion are not.
Fact remains KP expressed his opinion and protest peacefully and should not be black balled by the NFL billionaire all white owners to placate to its conservative fan base. KP deserves the opportunity to play in the NFL. Poor conservatives are butt hurt over the National Anthem! What fucking baby's

There are a number of factors that are probably part of the decline in viewership of the NFL lately. Kaepernick and others protesting is one, but how much impact it actually has had is hard to say.

We'll see as the season goes on if the hurricanes are the biggest reason for the decline so far.
One or two percent might be attributable to Kaepernick, but I can't imagine more than that, especially since he's not even playing anymore.

I think it is much higher than that and it isn’t just Kaepernick, their are other players as well.
A poll was taken last year which indicated 2% of the decline was attributable to Kaepernick.

I know 8 that have quit watching the NFL games, they all say it is because of the players and I am about there and it isn’t just Kaepernick it many players, Kap was the first to make it visible.
The truth is the NFL is losing its popularity because play has dropped off and fans are turned off by the violence of the game not to mention CTE-concussions resulting in head damages.

The NFL ratings are tanking!!! . Since the weirdo Kapernutjob and his comrades started disrespecting our National Anthem, the NFL TV ratings have dropped significantly, with no end in sight.

with a 14.6/25 in meter-market ratings, the beginning of the new NFL season was not exactly a winner for the league and NBC.

Of course, last night’s 8:45 PM – midnight ET game comes off last season’s sacked ratings, as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was soundly booed and mocked by clown nose sporting Patriots fans at Foxborough last night, the Comcast-owned net and others are more than aware. Starting out in a 12% decline, a generous analysis had ratings for the 2016-2017 season down around 8% overall from the year before in the end.
On a personal note- this is the first season in 20 years that I am not playing any Fantasy Football. None. I just don't care about it anymore. I don't think I am alone either.
Dammit its all Collin Kaepernicks fault. Kap told Conservative Amerika to go fuck off.

At one moment they're "that damn Berkeley won't let anyone have free speech, DAMN LIBRULS! In the next moment they're "that damn Collin Kapernick is exercising his free speech and he shouldn't! DAMN LIBRULS!

No one said Colin Kaepernick can’t exercise his free speech. He is allowed to and the rest of America can exercise their right by reacting to what he said.

In the case of Berkeley they have a right to respond to those that exercise free speech but in a civilized society they are not allowed to use violence.

See the difference, opinions, thoughts, demonstrations boycotting are fine, violence and suppressing thought and opinion are not.
Fact remains KP expressed his opinion and protest peacefully and should not be black balled by the NFL billionaire all white owners to placate to its conservative fan base. KP deserves the opportunity to play in the NFL. Poor conservatives are butt hurt over the National Anthem! What fucking baby's

He isn’t playing because he isn’t good enough to be a QB. No team sees him as a QB of the future. I don’t care if he sits or stands, the fact is in 2014 his stats went down, and the same happened in 2015 and the team moved away from him. In 2016 he had a slightly better season and then he opted out to become a free agent. Kap’s style of play is geared to be a running QB, he isn’t the typical drop back QB, that means the offense needs certain players that work with his style. In 2012 the league had severL running QBs, Russell Wilson, RG3 and Kap, they were all the rage. Wilson is the last of those and he only runs when his line folds up, which is currently often.

You have eight other players that don’t stand and are still in the league because they are good enough to play in the NFL. So to placate the “conservative fan base” why haven’t they released or why haven’t the teams made their players stand for the anthem? So your theory doesn’t make sense.

I find it amusing you think an NFL team wouldn’t sign a trouble maker that is talented. Someone took a chance on Vick because he was too good to not sign after he was released from prison. Lots of protests from PETA and other groups over that signing.

I don’t care if they sit or stand, the fact remains that it is tough to have sympathy for people getting paid 16 million to play a game and they think they are oppressed. If they were principled they could go to Canada and make $50,000 a year and really stick it to conservatives!

One or two percent might be attributable to Kaepernick, but I can't imagine more than that, especially since he's not even playing anymore.

I think it is much higher than that and it isn’t just Kaepernick, their are other players as well.
A poll was taken last year which indicated 2% of the decline was attributable to Kaepernick.

I know 8 that have quit watching the NFL games, they all say it is because of the players and I am about there and it isn’t just Kaepernick it many players, Kap was the first to make it visible.
The truth is the NFL is losing its popularity because play has dropped off and fans are turned off by the violence of the game not to mention CTE-concussions resulting in head damages.

Polls say many different things are causing the decline, so your “truth” isn’t really “truth” it is your butt hurt.

He doesn't "deserve" anything. He is not any good and worse since he became musslim and attached himsel to that lunatic muzzie beeatch. If ramadan falls in a football month......he is worthless for 5-6 games. Not worth it to try him anymore.

It is a business....not a 1/2 negro muzzlim retirement home. Let him go get a job. Uber driver up in SF is good for his skill level.

He doesn't "deserve" anything. He is not any good and worse since he became musslim and attached himsel to that lunatic muzzie beeatch. If ramadan falls in a football month......he is worthless for 5-6 games. Not worth it to try him anymore.

It is a business....not a 1/2 negro muzzlim retirement home. Let him go get a job. Uber driver up in SF is good for his skill level.
Hey your post only proves that two INBRED conservatives laid down and created your dumb ass.

Polls say many different things are causing the decline, so your “truth” isn’t really “truth” it is your butt hurt.
Meh.....the NFL will realize listening to whinny ass conservative fans and their National Anthem is "Fool-Hardy" in the long run and promptly tell complaining fans to go fuck themselves.

I stopped watching years ago. My team used to be the Bengals, however, after their owner Mike Brown took over the entire franchise became a joke and got rated by ESPN the worst sports organization in the world.

It's so bad that Carson Palmer preferred to flush down the commode $50 million rather than play for Mike Brown. I've never seen that before and it tells you just how screwed up the organization is. Recently, the Bungs dropped the first two home games and could not even score a TD. That has not been done since the 1930's. Additionally, the Bungs have gone the longest of any team in the NFL not to win a playoff game. The last time they won a play off game was in the 1980's when Mike Brown did not own the team.

I have to say, I don't miss it. Do I really want to cling to my TV set to watch the Patriots win another Super Bowl?

No.

Look at all the empty seats!!

Thursday Night Football Rams V 49ers - 3 minutes to go in 2nd half.....nothing to see here !!!! Everything is fine!!!

DKSsMufUEAAJ7Ml.jpg

I stopped watching years ago. My team used to be the Bengals, however, after their owner Mike Brown took over the entire franchise became a joke and got rated by ESPN the worst sports organization in the world.

It's so bad that Carson Palmer preferred to flush down the commode $50 million rather than play for Mike Brown. I've never seen that before and it tells you just how screwed up the organization is. Recently, the Bungs dropped the first two home games and could not even score a TD. That has not been done since the 1930's. Additionally, the Bungs have gone the longest of any team in the NFL not to win a playoff game. The last time they won a play off game was in the 1980's when Mike Brown did not own the team.

I have to say, I don't miss it. Do I really want to cling to my TV set to watch the Patriots win another Super Bowl?

No.
you would be wise not to ESPECIALLY since the NFL and the players rig these games for them to win,all the owners are all involved in it together,they just let Kraft take the heat as the bad guy.Its all planed out and decided months in advance.anybody who thinks the falcon players tried at all in the second half and were not laying down on purpose is in denial how these games are fixed way before they start.:rolleyes:

I also wont support this corrupt cartel because speaking of the bengals,the city used state funds they had that were suppose to go for a hospital instead for a new stadium. and people want to support a corrupt evil cartel that this NFL has become?:rolleyes:

Look at all the empty seats!!

Thursday Night Football Rams V 49ers - 3 minutes to go in 2nd half.....nothing to see here !!!! Everything is fine!!!

DKSsMufUEAAJ7Ml.jpg

thats because as i have said before,when that moron Jeff York took them out of SF,he lost all his devoted loyal fans that would go out to games every sunday no matter how horrible they were and would always support them there.but he priced the loyal and faithful fans out of the league with ticket prices sky high that nobody is showing up for games there in SANTA CLARA.same thing that is happening with the chargers only drawing 20,000 fans after leaving SD has been going on in santa clara ever since that idiot relocated them there.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

the NFL is not going to survive much longer with all these asinine relocations. the Niners going to santa clara and the chargers leaving san diego,thats on par with the dumbest NFL move ever which was the Rams leaving LA for stank louis where they always had half empty stadiums the majority of their time there.

when you got all these empty stadiums we have in santa clara and now with the chargers,and there have got to be others as well since people are so disgusted with the NFL now,they wont survive for more than 20 years or so if even that.how can you?

Meh.....the NFL will realize listening to whinny ass conservative fans and their National Anthem is "Fool-Hardy" in the long run and promptly tell complaining fans to go fuck themselves.

If that was true I’d agree with you however since it isn’t true and the NFL doesn’t listen to conservatives, you are full of BS.

No.
you would be wise not to ESPECIALLY since the NFL and the players rig these games for them to win,all the owners are all involved in it together,they just let Kraft take the heat as the bad guy.Its all planed out and decided months in advance.anybody who thinks the falcon players tried at all in the second half and were not laying down on purpose is in denial how these games are fixed way before they start.:rolleyes:

I also wont support this corrupt cartel because speaking of the bengals,the city used state funds they had that were suppose to go for a hospital instead for a new stadium. and people want to support a corrupt evil cartel that this NFL has become?:rolleyes:

So you watched the Super Bowl, after claiming you did not. Another lie!

No.

Rigged? The Bungs could not win a play off game even if they are rigged.

If you ever see the Bungs in the playoffs, it is easy money. Sell your house, your car, and anything not nailed down and go to Vegas to get rich.

Faun, post: 18187316

Trump may have given protesting players a boost in legitimacy. Goodall's thoughtful rejection of Trump's hateful and divisive Huntsville Alabama statement helps the protesting players cause.

The NFL and its sponsers may find the anti-Trump sports marketplace quite profitable.

I hope these owners get the message

Do you think Harley sales are down because black super athletes kneel instead of stand during the national anthem before football games,

Robert ReedContact ReporterChicago Tribune
Millennials and motorcycles don't mix.

Young adults, who have traditionally been the prime bike buyers, are now forsaking motorcycle ownership. When it comes to hitting the open road, they're more inclined to hail a ride-sharing car service or hop on a Divvy bicycle.

Harley-Davidson on a bumpy ride with motorcycle-averse millennials

There is no tie to anthem protests for Declining Harley sales or for NFL TV ratings. Both firms are at the top of their field.

New generations acquire new tastes. Times they are a changing, but I wouldn't count the NFL or Harley out.

Forum List

Back