NFL - TV Ratings Down 20%

when are people here such as the OP going to come to grip with reality that this person below and his coach is the reason NFL football ratings are at an all time low?:cuckoo:

Patriots_Browns_Football-0834a-0639.jpg

when the thursday night game is the CHEATRIOTS and nobody is tuning into the game,the "ONLY" NFL game being shown no less,that speaks for itself.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The NFL Kickoff Game was the lowest rated since 2008 and least-watched since 2009.:biggrin:
NFL Ratings Week 1: MNF Completes Rough Opening Weekend — Sports Media Watch

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Only an idiot would say kapernick is to blame,the guy doesnt even play for that team OR the chiefs/.comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The NFL took in record profits last year.

That's all you need to know.

Can that be credited to Kapernick?

Ratings are down because of alternative means to watch the games. The NFL got my $99 to watch all games on Game Pass. And it's a great deal. No commercials. Convenient.

I don't live in Cleveland anymore but I never miss a Browns game. Watch it at the bar with fellow Browns backers too.
I can watch any game without having to pay the 99 dollars. In fact, I managed to watch My favorite team, SF, get beaten by the Seachickens yesterday. If I had to pay for that, then it would have been painful.

The NFL ratings are tanking!!! . Since the weirdo Kapernutjob and his comrades started disrespecting our National Anthem, the NFL TV ratings have dropped significantly, with no end in sight.

with a 14.6/25 in meter-market ratings, the beginning of the new NFL season was not exactly a winner for the league and NBC.

Of course, last night’s 8:45 PM – midnight ET game comes off last season’s sacked ratings, as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was soundly booed and mocked by clown nose sporting Patriots fans at Foxborough last night, the Comcast-owned net and others are more than aware. Starting out in a 12% decline, a generous analysis had ratings for the 2016-2017 season down around 8% overall from the year before in the end.
NFL Kickoff Game Ratings Take A Hit From 2016 As Patriots Lose To Chiefs
On a personal note- this is the first season in 20 years that I am not playing any Fantasy Football. None. I just don't care about it anymore. I don't think I am alone either.
Ebron!

Ratings are down because of alternative means to watch the games. The NFL got my $99 to watch all games on Game Pass. And it's a great deal. No commercials. Convenient.

I don't live in Cleveland anymore but I never miss a Browns game. Watch it at the bar with fellow Browns backers too.
I can watch any game without having to pay the 99 dollars. In fact, I managed to watch My favorite team, SF, get beaten by the Seachickens yesterday. If I had to pay for that, then it would have been painful.

Sadly, I think the Niners would have won that game if Kaepernick were playing QB. I thought Hoyer would be fine as a stand-in until the Niners can draft or sign a long-term starter. So far, it appears as if I was wrong. Hoyer has been terrible.

The NFL ratings are tanking!!! . Since the weirdo Kapernutjob and his comrades started disrespecting our National Anthem, the NFL TV ratings have dropped significantly, with no end in sight.

with a 14.6/25 in meter-market ratings, the beginning of the new NFL season was not exactly a winner for the league and NBC.

Of course, last night’s 8:45 PM – midnight ET game comes off last season’s sacked ratings, as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was soundly booed and mocked by clown nose sporting Patriots fans at Foxborough last night, the Comcast-owned net and others are more than aware. Starting out in a 12% decline, a generous analysis had ratings for the 2016-2017 season down around 8% overall from the year before in the end.
On a personal note- this is the first season in 20 years that I am not playing any Fantasy Football. None. I just don't care about it anymore. I don't think I am alone either.
Ebron!

It's the Lions year!! This time is different!!

lol...

Seriously though, I think Stafford has really matured as a QB and being the highest paid guy in the league might be the catalyst he needed? We'll have to see. It is still very early in the season....and these are the LIONS...:rofl:

I am cautiously optimistic at 2-0.

:thup:

Sadly, I think the Niners would have won that game if Kaepernick were playing QB. I thought Hoyer would be fine as a stand-in until the Niners can draft or sign a long-term starter. So far, it appears as if I was wrong. Hoyer has been terrible.
He may be a good bencher, but I don't think he has what it takes to be starting material. At least, not yet. SF played well, I'll give them that. Particularly on Defense. Maybe they'll pick up a decent QB next year.

The NFL has been running scared of libtards on number of issues. It's only a matter of time before the league forces the Red Skins to change their name.

I still don't really understand why the NFL refuses to require all players to stand, given how those brats annoy fans.

Ebron!

It's the Lions year!! This time is different!!

lol...

Seriously though, I think Stafford has really matured as a QB and being the highest paid guy in the league might be the catalyst he needed? We'll have to see. It is still very early in the season....and these are the LIONS...:rofl:

I am cautiously optimistic at 2-0.

:thup:
The way they are playing and the way green Bay is playing there's reason to be optimistic.

Of course I'm talking about making the playoffs not win a Superbowl. For me to think that's possible they'll have to beat Atlanta next week

Millions of people were preparing for a hurricane or on the road to get out of its path, ya moron. It was Irma, not Kaepernick, which lowered ratings.

Millions of people were preparing for a hurricane or on the road to get out of its path, ya moron. It was Irma, not Kaepernick, which lowered ratings.

The state of Florida was unaccounted for in the TV ratings, due to Hurricane Irma. So, no. Try again.

The state of Florida was unaccounted for in the TV ratings, due to Hurricane Irma. So, no. Try again.
That's not what your own link says....

In fact, with Hurricane Irma evacuations in Florida likely having an effect on viewership in the Sunshine State, this is the first time in five years that the total audience of the kickoff game has fallen below 25 million. And, while the most watched network show in three months, even with streaming and other NBC platforms bumping things up to 22.2 million, the game still fell short of the 25 million mark.

They're counting the total audience. Even worse for your thread, preseason viewership was up before the hurricane...

Before last night’s results, a sliver of hope had seemed to emerge as this year’s preseason games were up 5% over the 2016 exhibitions.

Irma was the cause, not Kaepernick.

when are people here such as the OP going to come to grip with reality that this person below and his coach is the reason NFL football ratings are at an all time low?:cuckoo:

when the thursday night game is the CHEATRIOTS and nobody is tuning into the game,the "ONLY" NFL game being shown no less,that speaks for itself.

The NFL Kickoff Game was the lowest rated since 2008 and least-watched since 2009.:biggrin:

Only an idiot would say kapernick is to blame,the guy doesnt even play for that team OR the chiefs/.comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

speaking of the asshole that has tainted and ruined a great sport along with his coach,as much as I hate this motherfucker for doing so,for the first time ever and probably the last,I am one of the few people here that actually agree with Brady in what he has been quoted to have said about Kapernick in this video.

most the american sheep dont get it that kapernick is a patriot for not saluting our corrupt govermmet because they have been brainwashed it is the land of the free where in reality the land of the OPPRESSED.so after this video gets out which was just made today ,I have a hard time believing Brady will have many supporters left even in NE.would love them to hate tom brady but this would be for the wrong reason though if they chose to for sticking up fro kapernick.

speaking of the asshole that has tainted and ruined a great sport along with his coach,as much as I hate this motherfucker for doing so,for the first time ever and probably the last,I am one of the few people here that actually agree with Brady in what he has been quoted to have said about Kapernick in this video.

most the american sheep dont get it that kapernick is a patriot for not saluting our corrupt govermmet because they have been brainwashed it is the land of the free where in reality the land of the OPPRESSED.so after this video gets out which was just made today ,I have a hard time believing Brady will have many supporters left even in NE.would love them to hate tom brady but this would be for the wrong reason though if they chose to for sticking up fro kapernick.

You think Tom Brady is going to lose a lot of fans because he thinks Kaepernick is good enough to play for an NFL team? Really?

In fact, with Hurricane Irma evacuations in Florida likely having an effect on viewership in the Sunshine State, this is the first time in five years that the total audience of the kickoff game has fallen below 25 million. And, while the most watched network show in three months, even with streaming and other NBC platforms bumping things up to 22.2 million, the game still fell short of the 25 million mark.

They're counting the total audience. Even worse for your thread, preseason viewership was up before the hurricane...

Before last night’s results, a sliver of hope had seemed to emerge as this year’s preseason games were up 5% over the 2016 exhibitions.

MHmmmm. Sure.

That's why the ratings were WAY down again this week.

While NFL games remain some of the most-watched content on television, ratings slid 12 percent in the NFL's opening weekend, with many blaming Hurricane Irma. But without dramatic weather, the second weekend was off 15 percent year-over-year. This comes after an 8 percent ratings slump last season.

NFL TV Ratings Slide Worries Wall Street

:rofl:

MHmmmm. Sure.

While NFL games remain some of the most-watched content on television, ratings slid 12 percent in the NFL's opening weekend, with many blaming Hurricane Irma. But without dramatic weather, the second weekend was off 15 percent year-over-year. This comes after an 8 percent ratings slump last season.

In Florida alone, there were still more than a million people without electricity...

1.1 million in Florida still without power after Irma

I like my football team but screw the NFL.

:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

same here. pretty much the only NFL i watch these days is games from yesteryear in the 70's and 80's when the game was not corrupt as it is now.

i have switched to college football.

go UCLA.:thup:

Except you said you watched the Super Bowl and then you said you watched the Rams. It doesn’t seem to me that you switched, maybe added college football however you still are watching current NFL games.

MHmmmm. Sure.

In Florida alone, there were still more than a million people without electricity...

1.1 million in Florida still without power after Irma

There are a number of factors that are probably part of the decline in viewership of the NFL lately. Kaepernick and others protesting is one, but how much impact it actually has had is hard to say.

We'll see as the season goes on if the hurricanes are the biggest reason for the decline so far.

And are these ratings going down because someone protested, or are they going down because less people are interested in NFL and have other things to do?

Remember, the economy is doing better, more people are working, entertainment increases in all areas meaning competition is increasing for viewing figures.

Forum List

Back