Newt Gingrich Is in Love With Himself

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1323216809285.jpg

By Kirsten Powers

Newt Gingrich’s self-love is boundless. Unearthing a string of quotes going back to the 1980s, Kirsten Powers looks at the former House speaker’s long record of self-infatuation.

“I told somebody at one point [of my presidential campaign], ‘This is like watching Walton or Kroc develop Walmart and McDonald’s.’” So said Newt Gingrich, whose presidential campaign boasts roughly 40 staff members.

“I am going to be the nominee,” the modern-day Narcissus declared while gazing at his reflection in the polls.

“I am much like [Ronald] Reagan and Margaret Thatcher,” the man who was run out of Congress in disgrace and is despised by nearly every conservative who has ever worked with him recently mused to CNN.

“I don’t want my country to collapse. I don’t want my daughter and wife raped and killed,” Speaker Gingrich told a stunned Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporter in 1994 in explaining why America, nay, the world, needed him. After all, he told her, “People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz.”

Self-aggrandizing distortions of reality have been Gingrich’s hallmark for decades. Most recently, he redescribed his sleazy lobbying for conservative bête noire Freddie Mac as the work of a “historian.” It’s not hard to envisage that in the delusional swirl known as Newt’s thought life this is true. Only in the confines of his gray matter could it make sense that a man who wrote his Ph.D. dissertation on Belgian educational policy in the Congo would be sought out by Freddie Mac for historical advice.

“People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live,” Gingrich explained to Wife No. 2, who was confused that he was dumping her for his mistress the day after giving a speech on family values.

Much More (if your stomach can stand it): Kirsten Powers: Newt Gingrich Is in Love With Himself - The Daily Beast

obama is the most narcissistic man to ever be in the public eye.

Well maybe John Edwards gives a good run.

As an internet statistician I can confirm with authority that 98% of all politicians are in love with themselves.

1323216809285.jpg

By Kirsten Powers

Newt Gingrich’s self-love is boundless. Unearthing a string of quotes going back to the 1980s, Kirsten Powers looks at the former House speaker’s long record of self-infatuation.

“I told somebody at one point [of my presidential campaign], ‘This is like watching Walton or Kroc develop Walmart and McDonald’s.’” So said Newt Gingrich, whose presidential campaign boasts roughly 40 staff members.

“I am going to be the nominee,” the modern-day Narcissus declared while gazing at his reflection in the polls.

“I am much like [Ronald] Reagan and Margaret Thatcher,” the man who was run out of Congress in disgrace and is despised by nearly every conservative who has ever worked with him recently mused to CNN.

“I don’t want my country to collapse. I don’t want my daughter and wife raped and killed,” Speaker Gingrich told a stunned Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporter in 1994 in explaining why America, nay, the world, needed him. After all, he told her, “People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz.”

Self-aggrandizing distortions of reality have been Gingrich’s hallmark for decades. Most recently, he redescribed his sleazy lobbying for conservative bête noire Freddie Mac as the work of a “historian.” It’s not hard to envisage that in the delusional swirl known as Newt’s thought life this is true. Only in the confines of his gray matter could it make sense that a man who wrote his Ph.D. dissertation on Belgian educational policy in the Congo would be sought out by Freddie Mac for historical advice.

“People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live,” Gingrich explained to Wife No. 2, who was confused that he was dumping her for his mistress the day after giving a speech on family values.

Much More (if your stomach can stand it): Kirsten Powers: Newt Gingrich Is in Love With Himself - The Daily Beast

Forgive me for the non sequitur, but that is one evil looking expression on his face.

He's earned his bad reputation. And it seems like he thinks he can do whatever he pleases. Forget, for the moment, that he's been a disgrace as a husband to two different women. After leaving Congress, he sold inside access to the highest bidders and then insults everyone's intelligence by saying that he got paid millions of dollars offering historical advice? He just doesn't seem to think he can be touched.

Who is stupid enough to buy Newt's explanations you might ask. The answer is the GOP base. And why? It's because they've been amped up on over-the-top rhetoric coming from talk radio and reality TV for years, and THAT is what they want to hear. Newt doesn't just serve it up with a spoon. He throws it out with a ladle. And they love him for it.

If anyone wants to know what would happen if Newt was elected, all they have to do is review the years when he was Speaker because the members of his own party hated him.

Forum List

Back