Newt Gingrich Changes Views on Gay-Marriage, Says 'Deal with Reality'

Jesus never said a word about it, as I recall.

Your recollections are correct he didn't. He had more to say about divorce than about same sex consenting adults. He did, however, talk about people who are "Eunuchs from birth" which many historians believe is how gay men were referred to. Jesus considered them a "gift from god".

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)
You are baseline mentally ill.

The word eunuch was used to refer to men who had chosen celibacy over the carnal pleasures of the world.

But according to you, fudge packing is the way straight to heaven. :cuckoo: :badgrin:

How does someone choose such a thing from birth, genius?

From Wiki:

In Matthew 19:12, Jesus speaks of eunuchs who were born as such, eunuchs who were made so by others, and eunuchs who choose to live as such for the kingdom of heaven.[34] This passage has been interpreted as having to do with homosexual orientation; Clement of Alexandria, for instance, wrote in his commentary on it that some men, from birth, are naturally averse to women and should not marry.[35]

I do know that the Jesus I have read about is not going to condemn consenting adults for who they love.

right now the safe course is to be on the Lord's side of the line. Every single person in a society could believe in gay marriage but that don't make it right.
If the gop chooses to go the ways of the world they will definitely lose the house

Do you really think Our Lord cares whether or not gay people get married?

Yes, I know that homosexuality is a sin. So, is eating pork. I love pork fried rice, like pork chops and a lot of pork. Eating seafood is a sin as well. I don't eat seafood, because I am allergic to it. But chances are you do. How about cutting your beard? Tatoos? I could go on with this, but I think you get the picture.

"The law" was designed for one purpose and one purpose only... to show us our need for a savior. We are all sinners. Every last one of us.

It would be best if no one sinned at all, but even if homosexuals over threw the sin of homosexuality, which has entrapped them, they would still continue to sin.

So, what is the answer? The answer is only the Grace of God and that alone. What can any of us do to escape sin?

Edit: I guess what I am trying to say is how do we know which side of sinners God is on or is he on either side?

Immie

that is YOUR religion Immie,

this country is not made upo of people who are the same religion as you.

We are talking country and laws NOT your religion.

Gingritch has been pro gay all his life.

His siser is gay.

He just lied about his beliefs to please people like you.

obama may have lied about his real feeling to.

Time for no more lying.

gay is as normal as hetro.

Gay people deserve EVERY right any other human being has.

PERIOD.

it is only a "sin" or what ever in mythical belief systems designed by man when he knew nothing and needed answers to stay calm

Gay only became "bad" because there was a long period of time in our past history that the more babies born the better your chance of living longer was.

We lived in societies that found strength in increased numbers.

being gay meant not producing replacement babies for the society.

They wanted people to reproduce so they could work and protect the aging members.

time to stop being stupid and following things designed for the needs of the past.

we are in the present not the past

Your recollections are correct he didn't. He had more to say about divorce than about same sex consenting adults. He did, however, talk about people who are "Eunuchs from birth" which many historians believe is how gay men were referred to. Jesus considered them a "gift from god".

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

The word eunuch was used to refer to men who had chosen celibacy over the carnal pleasures of the world.

But according to you, fudge packing is the way straight to heaven. :cuckoo: :badgrin:

From Wiki:

In Matthew 19:12, Jesus speaks of eunuchs who were born as such, eunuchs who were made so by others, and eunuchs who choose to live as such for the kingdom of heaven.[34] This passage has been interpreted as having to do with homosexual orientation; Clement of Alexandria, for instance, wrote in his commentary on it that some men, from birth, are naturally averse to women and should not marry.[35]
Eunuchs from birth refers to males who where born with medical problems and not able function sexually due to erectile dysfunction. :cool:

From Wiki:

Eunuchs from birth refers to males who where born with medical problems and not able function sexually due to erectile dysfunction. :cool:

Not according to people I would guess are more educated on the topic than you are. I know that thinking that makes it nice and easy for you, but the truth isn't always easy.

I agree with source #3. He would have done much better against Obammy and I knew it all along. However he still would have lost. I mean how many real flesh and blood people can run against Santa Claus and win??

So, Gingrich takes another step closer to being conservative.

That's a good one. Is this a new rightwing myth being born?

Are you trying to tell us that the current conservative consensus in this country is that same sex marriage should be legal?

No, it's not the current conservative consensus, but many conservatives have been advocating for it for a very long time.

The Conservative Case for Gay Marriage

[...]Many of my fellow conservatives have an almost knee-jerk hostility toward gay marriage. This does not make sense, because same-sex unions promote the values conservatives prize. Marriage is one of the basic building blocks of our neighborhoods and our nation. At its best, it is a stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership. We encourage couples to marry because the commitments they make to one another provide benefits not only to themselves but also to their families and communities. Marriage requires thinking beyond one's own needs. It transforms two individuals into a union based on shared aspirations, and in doing so establishes a formal investment in the well-being of society. The fact that individuals who happen to be gay want to share in this vital social institution is evidence that conservative ideals enjoy widespread acceptance. Conservatives should celebrate this, rather than lament it.

Legalizing same-sex marriage would also be a recognition of basic American principles, and would represent the culmination of our nation's commitment to equal rights. It is, some have said, the last major civil-rights milestone yet to be surpassed in our two-century struggle to attain the goals we set for this nation at its formation.

This bedrock American principle of equality is central to the political and legal convictions of Republicans, Democrats, liberals, and conservatives alike. The dream that became America began with the revolutionary concept expressed in the Declaration of Independence in words that are among the most noble and elegant ever written: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."[...]

The simple fact is that there is no good reason why we should deny marriage to same-sex partners. On the other hand, there are many reasons why we should formally recognize these relationships and embrace the rights of gays and lesbians to marry and become full and equal members of our society.

No matter what you think of homosexuality, it is a fact that gays and lesbians are members of our families, clubs, and workplaces. They are our doctors, our teachers, our soldiers (whether we admit it or not), and our friends. They yearn for acceptance, stable relationships, and success in their lives, just like the rest of us.

Conservatives and liberals alike need to come together on principles that surely unite us. Certainly, we can agree on the value of strong families, lasting domestic relationships, and communities populated by persons with recognized and sanctioned bonds to one another. Confining some of our neighbors and friends who share these same values to an outlaw or second-class status undermines their sense of belonging and weakens their ties with the rest of us and what should be our common aspirations. Even those whose religious convictions preclude endorsement of what they may perceive as an unacceptable "lifestyle" should recognize that disapproval should not warrant stigmatization and unequal treatment.

When we refuse to accord this status to gays and lesbians, we discourage them from forming the same relationships we encourage for others. And we are also telling them, those who love them, and society as a whole that their relationships are less worthy, less legitimate, less permanent, and less valued. We demean their relationships and we demean them as individuals. I cannot imagine how we benefit as a society by doing so.[...]

Americans who believe in the words of the Declaration of Independence, in Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, in the 14th Amendment, and in the Constitution's guarantees of equal protection and equal dignity before the law cannot sit by while this wrong continues. This is not a conservative or liberal issue; it is an American one, and it is time that we, as Americans, embraced it.

No matter what you think of homosexuality, it is a fact that gays and lesbians are members of our families, clubs, and workplaces. They are our doctors, our teachers, our soldiers (whether we admit it or not), and our friends. They yearn for acceptance, stable relationships, and success in their lives, just like the rest of us.
So do child molesters, rapists, thieves, and murders.

Should we accept and embrace them also?? :cool:

More than that, he blames the Republican party for fostering a corrosive culture that produced Romney as its candidate. The former House Speaker argued that the GOP has grown stale and introverted, putting itself on the wrong side of history on issues like immigration and painting itself into a corner on others, like gay marriage.

Romney's failed candidacy was just the latest illustration of this, the 69-year-old Gingrich said in hour-long interview that dealt, in large part, with the GOP’s problems and what he hopes to contribute to their solution.

"The momentum is clearly now in the direction in finding some way to ... accommodate and deal with reality. And the reality is going to be that in a number of American states -- and it will be more after 2014 -- gay relationships will be legal, period,"

"The reality is going to be that in a number of American states - and it will be more after 2014 - gay relationships will be legal, period," as reported in the Examiner.

SOURCE 1: Newt Gingrich Changes Views on Gay-Marriage, Says 'Deal with Reality' : Law & Society : Lawyer Herald

SOURCE 2: Newt Gingrich Supports "Reality" Of State-Sanctioned Marriage Equality

SOURCE 3: Newt Gingrich On Mitt Romney: 'I Would Have Probably Done Better' Against Obama

Don't really have anything to add here... just want to know what you all think.

Newt knows the GOP is trying to campaign in hopes that there are more honest, decent, and God-fearing people in American than atheists, those who need entitlements, and folks out for revenge.

He's trying to get them to change with the times and start appealing to the low-informational voter. The GOP needs to stop infighting and start organizing.

Gingrich did not change his opinion. He never said he once thought gay marriage was wrong, but he now thinks it's right. He still has the same opinion he always had. He is just recognizing a fact, the United States is sliding into degeneracy and nothing can stop it.

So do child molesters, rapists, thieves, and murders.

Should we accept and embrace them also?? :cool:

In a truly democratic society, you have to right to do whatever you please as long as what you do is not harmful enough to justify the government preventing you from doing it.

Unless you can't discern the difference between child molesters and gay couples, the answer to your question should be obvious.

Forum List

Back