NEWSFLASH-looks like PAUL/NAPOLITANO ticket!!!!

Not to rain on your parade, but doesn't Paul have to secure delegates first?
How many does he have now?

Having listened to that dude several times with that super-idiot Kilmeade on the radio show they once had........I developed a distaste for the very disingenuous manner with which he went into breaks. He was fond of asking VERY LEADING questions to the audience on a hard break....and never bothered to resume the discussion. You know......."Is Obama A Kenyan Terrorist?.........we'll be right back! That sort of thing. And....he's so disgustingly out of shape that he runs out of breath mid-sentence and wheezes his way to the end.

And Ron Paul will not be the nominee of the GOP. If he wants to be the nominee of a party he has a better shot at the Libertarian Party. Maybe.

Maybe not, but he's running for the Republican nomination. He's not running for the Libertarian nomination, and he's not running as an independent. He says he'd consider Napolitano if he won the REPUBLICAN nomination. So Liability's claim that we're discussing a third party candidate is false.

Running in the GOP primary doesn't mean he can nominate a running mate, bucko.

Only the winner gets to do that.

Ron Paul will never be the winner.

His SOLE shot of being a Presidential "nominee" is the 3P route.

So, no. I said nothing false. Ron Paul is not the GOP nominee to be. He never will be.
Who is the best of the remaining four Liability?

Maybe not, but he's running for the Republican nomination. He's not running for the Libertarian nomination, and he's not running as an independent. He says he'd consider Napolitano if he won the REPUBLICAN nomination. So Liability's claim that we're discussing a third party candidate is false.

So, no. I said nothing false. Ron Paul is not the GOP nominee to be. He never will be.
Who is the best of the remaining four Liability?

The remaining three. I do not count Ron Paul.

Santorum is probably closer to holding consistent conservative views (and I do not include the so-called "social conservative" component). Sadly, his voting record is not on par with his stated beliefs when it comes to things like spending and taxes.

Romney gets unfairly slammed over his business practices, but he at least has real world business experience. His record as a semi-liberal governor in a decidedly liberal State undercut his credibility and he is far from the right guy to make the case against "OmbamaCare."

Gingrich has screwed the pooch in the way he has gone from trying to keep the discourse on a high plane to being one of the worst offenders in terms of smearing his opponents. He did a pretty good job in crafting the Contract With America and getting it through Congress. But his ethical practices (questionable at best) and his disingenuous slams (which strike of anti-Capitalist) against Romney's alleged business practices make him a bit hard to take.

They all come with baggage. But since taking-on ObamaCare is a crucial component of the looming race against the President, I shy away from Romney. Their personal "quirks" make me struggle with either Santorum or Gingrich -- and make me fear the prospect of their race against the President should either of them take the GOP nod.

Gun to my head, I can most readily support Santorum -- even while I dislike his "social conservatism" which, to me, is not what actual conservatism is all about. And yet, any ONE of them is vastly superior to the prospect of another disastrous term of the Obama Administration.

Thus the reason he was speculating. He said that he would consider it, not that he was considering it.

And if he was elected King of the World, he'd consider wearing a crown.

I doubt it. Even if Paul were to get the nomination I can't see the Judge deciding to leave Fox to be the VP, nor do I think Ron Paul would actually ask him.

He actually just recently had his show cancelled.

I'd rather him be AG though. Imagine the Judge as AG. Possibly the only end to the police state.

Not to rain on your parade, but doesn't Paul have to secure delegates first?
How many does he have now?

It's impossible to know how many delegates the field has secured, because in most of these states the delegate allocation to the national doesn't happen until mid to late Spring.

The only ones that are secured so far are from the states that allocate proportionally based on the popular vote. That's only about half the states so far that have voted.

Thus the reason he was speculating. He said that he would consider it, not that he was considering it.

And if he was elected King of the World, he'd consider wearing a crown.

He's not running for King of the World, whereas he is running for President as a Republican. Thus not a third party candidate, as you claimed.

I doubt it. Even if Paul were to get the nomination I can't see the Judge deciding to leave Fox to be the VP, nor do I think Ron Paul would actually ask him.

I'd rather him be AG though. Imagine the Judge as AG. Possibly the only end to the police state.

Didn't sound like he was interested in leaving Fox regardless.

Didn't sound like he was interested in leaving Fox regardless.

Yeah I didn't really get his little memo to the supporters about the emails.

Who knows though. Maybe Paul can get enough delegates that he can get some spots in the ensuing GOP administration reserved for liberty minded people. Not that I think any of the other 3 can beat Obama anyway, but assuming they did, how out of the question would it be for Paul to get the judge chosen as AG?

That wouldn't be enough for me though. I MIGHT be able to vote for Romney if Paul got some placements, but just AG alone wouldn't be enough. I'd need to see a Treasury Sec, AG, Rand as VP, and Schiff as the next appointee for Fed chairman.

That's the only way Romney would get my vote.

Fox cancelled his show for telling the truth and supporting Ron Paul on Air

Paul has such wide-spread support that I'd like to see him run as an independent if he does not get the GOP nomination.

There is a shot for Ron Paul to get the nomination. They have been positioning their people to be delegates and one estimate I saw was Romney at 93 and Paul at 84 another estimate had Paul at 104. These are estimates from those involved in the delegate selection and based on the amount Paul supporters selected. The campaign claims to know which people are theirs and which are not. and they have said they are at or near a majority now.

There are a lot of factors involved here but if it goes to a brokered convention then Paul may have a good shot if he can execute his plan all the way to the end.

I will be caucusing in a few weeks and I am considering running to be a delegate to the state convention. I can't go to FL though.

There is a shot for Ron Paul to get the nomination. They have been positioning their people to be delegates and one estimate I saw was Romney at 93 and Paul at 84 another estimate had Paul at 104. These are estimates from those involved in the delegate selection and based on the amount Paul supporters selected. The campaign claims to know which people are theirs and which are not. and they have said they are at or near a majority now.

There are a lot of factors involved here but if it goes to a brokered convention then Paul may have a good shot if he can execute his plan all the way to the end.

I will be caucusing in a few weeks and I am considering running to be a delegate to the state convention. I can't go to FL though.

Not a chance in France.

Forum List

Back