New Workmans Comp. Law.

and what will the price be after 01-01-2010
It's not 6,000 to 8,000 a year you fucking retarded asshole.:lol:

My Workers' Comp just went up to $6750.

it's just another tax on business. We provide insurance for our employees and if they get hurt at work, shouldn't their health insurance cover it? why do I have to pay another 6 grand a year on top health insurance?

And as far as compensation for an injured worker, it would be cheaper for me to pay them out of pocket than to pay 6 grand a tear in comp.

I just don't have a type of business where someone will be seriously hurt so all those premiums are wasted.
You either have a huge payroll or rates in your state are a lot higher than in mine. I'd have to check my policy for the exact figure but I know it is less than $500. Liability is the killer for me.

In Tennessee the rules depend on the business you're in. For most businesses it's required that you carry worker's comp in you have 5 or more employees. For construction or mining you must have it for even one employee. I've never heard of having wc for the business owner.
Depends on how the business is set up. Quite a few business owners are also employees of their company.

I'm in that situation. There is a provision to "opt out" of WC coverage for managerial/clerical personel that are not directly involved in the physical maintenance of operations.

and what will the price be after 01-01-2010

it's just another tax on business. We provide insurance for our employees and if they get hurt at work, shouldn't their health insurance cover it? why do I have to pay another 6 grand a year on top health insurance?

And as far as compensation for an injured worker, it would be cheaper for me to pay them out of pocket than to pay 6 grand a tear in comp.

I just don't have a type of business where someone will be seriously hurt so all those premiums are wasted.

OR... you could just get sued :)

You either have a huge payroll or rates in your state are a lot higher than in mine. I'd have to check my policy for the exact figure but I know it is less than $500. Liability is the killer for me.

Our payroll is about 350K a year probably more this year soi guess i can expect another raping.

So Ravi is he a retard to?

Our payroll is about 350K a year probably more this year soi guess i can expect another raping.

I don't know why it's so high...maybe its just your state.

I was int he insurance business for many many years b4 I became a police officer, my last company being Aon Risk Services which is a global risk management brokerage.

I remember writing the workers comp policy for these high rise condo condo's who had payroll in the millions for under 2,000 dollars. However, go to something like a builders risk policy where there is a lot more risk and you are talking about tens of thousands of dollars for it.

It depends on the nature of the business as well

Forum List

Back