new to politics.

RIPKIRK

Rookie
Feb 12, 2010
PA
Hi I am 26 years old and finally started to think about politics. When I was growing up politics never came up so I never got into it.

Seeing that politics are in alot of conversation I have heard, I want to be in loop so I need some help deciding which house I belong, if any.

well considering that hate is a very powerful word, no I dont hate any of them. I dont mind poor people because i am one, I think we should protect our environment but some people take it too serious, Mexicans???? really I dont care where you are from if you are here illeaglly then you should get kicked out. period. and with taxes i believe that everyone should be taxed based on their income, but i dont think the real rich that give to charities and other programs just to get the tax money back should get it back.

well considering that hate is a very powerful word, no I dont hate any of them. I dont mind poor people because i am one, I think we should protect our environment but some people take it too serious, Mexicans???? really I dont care where you are from if you are here illeaglly then you should get kicked out. period. and with taxes i believe that everyone should be taxed based on their income, but i dont think the real rich that give to charities and other programs just to get the tax money back should get it back.

Remain independent. Neither party deserves your support. However, you should learn as much as you can about the issues before you decide where you stand on it. The left will scream about one thing, the right about another. Get FACTS - and that is not as easy as you think because both sides present their own version of the 'facts'. It's hard to find the truth - which is usually not told by any politician - whether they are left or right. Also, never ever ever use a media source as 'fact'.

Welcome. Have fun.

Hi I am 26 years old and finally started to think about politics. When I was growing up politics never came up so I never got into it.

Seeing that politics are in alot of conversation I have heard, I want to be in loop so I need some help deciding which house I belong, if any.

Read "Atlas Shrugged" cover to cover. When you have finished you will know which end of the political spectrum you lean toward.

Issues mean nothing. Two people can arrive at the same conclusion for completely different reasons. Where you are politically reflects a method of thinking, not a set of conclusions.

Asking others to define your political views is like asking others to choose a good shoe size for you.

I dont know if its possible or not, but i believe that this country needs to be ran like a country and not a business. by that i mean not worry so much about making a profit.

And why in gods name soes the president have to make so much money? I understand its a big postions but I think teachers have a bigger role in our development than the president and they get paid crappy wages.

Read "Atlas Shrugged" cover to cover. When you have finished you will know which end of the political spectrum you lean toward.

Issues mean nothing. Two people can arrive at the same conclusion for completely different reasons. Where you are politically reflects a method of thinking, not a set of conclusions.

Asking others to define your political views is like asking others to choose a good shoe size for you.

I'm not asking other to define my political views I am asking for suggestions to help me decide for myself

I'm not asking other to define my political views I am asking for suggestions to help me decide for myself

Find out what YOU think is best for the country as a whole.

Read books, quotes from famous leaders or people, Debate on here and post your opinion.

I will help guide you. Just stalk my posts.

I dont know if its possible or not, but i believe that this country needs to be ran like a country and not a business. by that i mean not worry so much about making a profit.

And why in gods name soes the president have to make so much money? I understand its a big postions but I think teachers have a bigger role in our development than the president and they get paid crappy wages.

Because if you don't run a country like a business, you end up with massive debts (like we now have) and guess who pays that debt? You do. It is called taxes. Welcome to reality.

Welcome.

Speaking of politics, I saw a car with an Obama bumper sticker on it today. I was going to tell the guy, but I didn't want to ruin the prank that someone pulled on him. Imagine how embarrassed the driver will be once he discovers that somebody put an Obama bumper sticker on his car without him knowing! :lol:

Because if you don't run a country like a business, you end up with massive debts (like we now have) and guess who pays that debt? You do. It is called taxes. Welcome to reality.

i'm pretty sure when our for fathers created this wonderful country they didnt do it to make a profit. And i'm not saying we shouldn't make a profit. i'm just saying that we shouldnt be worried about it.

I also think we need to do what ever has worked in the past to get the US back on her feet because right now she is stumbling and falling.

i'm pretty sure when our for fathers created this wonderful country they didnt do it to make a profit. And i'm not saying we shouldn't make a profit. i'm just saying that we shouldnt be worried about it.

I also think we need to do what ever has worked in the past to get the US back on her feet because right now she is stumbling and falling.

What do you think worked in the past?

Not being a arse here, just trying to find out what side of the issues you're on. :)

Make up your own mind about what is important to you.

All you have to really do is read, but take nothing at face value, espically if it comes from the government, always remember they have an agenda that revolves around getting and retaining power, not the best interests of all.

Not being a arse here, just trying to find out what side of the issues you're on. :)

i dont know what has worked, I know something got us out of the great depression and i know Clinton built up a huge surplus and bush built up a huge defecite. I am not anti-bush I'm just stating what I have seen

i dont know what has worked, I know something got us out of the great depression and i know Clinton built up a huge surplus and bush built up a huge defecite. I am not anti-bush I'm just stating what I have seen

Not only do you have to look at the Presidents, but at Congress.

Reaganomics actually helped the American Economy, despite having the Cold War on it's Brink, Liberals still Loathe him without knowing the consequences of him not trying to compete with the Soviets.

But that's just a different story.

Forum List

Back