New Testament Contradictions

so we have 3 rewsponses
-copouts

-personal attacks for not wanting to ype the shit out myself when someone already typed them (I didn't use many of them, for a lot weren't good points

-crying and 'shutup'

not a single defense

Your not even asking the most obvious question...if there were contradictions, why would they still be there nearly 2000 years later?

Surely you don't believe they were only discovered this week.

Millions of theologians, historians, priests, pastor and parishioners have studied the Bible inside and out, backwards and forwards, translated it into every language, scrutinized every word and yet found not one contradictions.

Do your own homework then get back with us.

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of these kinds of threads. Different witnesses will give different accounts of the same event. There is no contradiction that I can see in Jesus' message of love.

But whatever floats your boat. :)

I don't understand the point of these kinds of threads. Different witnesses will give different accounts of the same event. There is no contradiction that I can see in Jesus' message of love.

But whatever floats your boat. :)

Amanda your so awesome. Will you marry me?

There are some people who like to torment Christians. They used half-baked philosophy, crappy science, and second-hand "knowledge" of the Bible.

I think they are motivated by arrogance and a feeling of superiority, but what it comes down to is that the people who do this ALWAYS have limited exposure to the bible, they ALWAYS quote bad science and always disregard anything that doesn't fit into their bigoted view of what Christianity and the bible is all about.

There are some people who like to torment Christians. They used half-baked philosophy, crappy science, and second-hand "knowledge" of the Bible.

I think they are motivated by arrogance and a feeling of superiority, but what it comes down to is that the people who do this ALWAYS have limited exposure to the bible, they ALWAYS quote bad science and always disregard anything that doesn't fit into their bigoted view of what Christianity and the bible is all about.

In other words, these Christian bashers put more trust in men and the cares of this world than they do in God and His Word. If only they knew what great a salvation they are willfully and knowingly rejecting.

You were obviously trolling when you created this thread so what were you to expect?

so anyone who asks a question is a troll... right :cuckoo:

Your not even asking the most obvious question...if there were contradictions, why would they still be there nearly 2000 years later?

because religion is delusional and does not allow for self-correction

I don't understand the point of these kinds of threads. Different witnesses will give different accounts of the same evente.

Not if they're filled with a 'holy spirit' and inspired by 'god' to give 'god's word'

. There is no contradiction that I can see in Jesus' message of lov

other than not knowing whether they're saving non-jews or not and arguing to kill all non-jews... then to save non-jews... then not to... then to save them...

judaism is no different nazism. Christianisty cannot change that fact, and the attempts at adopting it to fit their desires leads to the fact that the OT and the NT cannot coexist. Add in the contradictions within the NT itself, and you have xtianity. Of course, anyone whop asks for an explanation is satan, right? someone who is 'saved' will be made foolish enough to ask no questions

WTF are you talking about? Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound?

As we said, hit the book and then come back with intelligent questions.

I don't understand the point of these kinds of threads. Different witnesses will give different accounts of the same evente.

Not if they're filled with a 'holy spirit' and inspired by 'god' to give 'god's word'

Says who? You? You don't even believe it so why should anyone take your word for it?

Regardless, the book has been through many hands and many agendas, and the central message of love is still there, which I notice you chose to ignore when quoting me.

Jesus' message of love was different than the message of the vengeful God of the Old Testament. I look at the Bible as a history of the Jewish people. I look at the words of Jesus as true spiritual guidance.

Last edited:
And the OT was written to guide us before Christ came to live among us. Now that he has come, he has fulfilled the law.

Surely you don't believe they were only discovered this week.

Millions of theologians, historians, priests, pastor and parishioners have studied the Bible inside and out, backwards and forwards, translated it into every language, scrutinized every word and yet found not one contradictions.

Do your own homework then get back with us.

This is nonsense. A book that old could certainly have contradictions that aren't removed, particularly if there is reluctance to alter it (like, for example, it is a religious book).

In this case, the contradictions have been known for a long time, but I don't think they are considered by most to be material to the central message.

I should add, by the way, that even Biblical Scholars see the contradictions in, for example, the gospels. I once read an article by a Biblical Scholar and devout Christian who was glad that the contradictions were still in there. In his opinion, it told him he was getting a book that was unchanged (because, as he correctly noted, it would have been easy over the years for someone to edit out the contradictions). I think he felt that the fact it was never 'edited' to remove contradictions was a sign that someone up there was making sure the book didn't get changed over the years by unscrupulous men or women.

I should add, by the way, that even Biblical Scholars see the contradictions in, for example, the gospels. I once read an article by a Biblical Scholar and devout Christian who was glad that the contradictions were still in there. In his opinion, it told him he was getting a book that was unchanged (because, as he correctly noted, it would have been easy over the years for someone to edit out the contradictions). I think he felt that the fact it was never 'edited' to remove contradictions was a sign that someone up there was making sure the book didn't get changed over the years by unscrupulous men or women.

That was my point, that it could have easily been "edited out" if it was a true contradiction.

As for perceived contradictions, I recommend reading these articles:

That has never happened to me, nor have I ever witnessed anything like it happening, ever. How often has it happened to you in your lifetime?

Jehovah’s Witnesses – I’d estimate about 3 times per year over a span of 20 years.
Strangers wanting to discuss Jesus with me – About 3 time per year to.
Of course when flipping channels one almost can’t avoid CBN or the Sunday religious television shows.

Unfortunately, I live in the Bible belt. Perhaps I should move.

Three times a year, huh? :lol: If you say so, but I'm finding that a bit hard to believe. Even at that, it's hardly 'shoving it in your face', and since you don't like it, I guess you would advocate that all religious programming be removed from television? How does that make you any different from what you say they are?

Of course I can change the channel. What irk are the Christians who practically will not take. “Leave me alone I am not interested” as an answer.

Irrelevant. The fact remains that the "inerrant word of god" has contradictions.

That was my point, that it could have easily been "edited out" if it was a true contradiction.

As for perceived contradictions, I recommend reading these articles:

Been there and done that. The first link is grossly insufficient. The second one compares the way different artists paint the same image and come up with subtle differences to the way gospel writers come up with different stories. I’m sorry but the book is to be the infallible word of god. It hardly compares to the seriousness of a fishing shack.

I'm unimpressed. Besides, I'm not just mentioning the gospels - practically the entire New Testament and Old Testament are full of contradictions.

Forum List

Back