New Testament Contradictions

actually, smart, it proves that it's not the word of an infallible deity

Smartt: Not so. God's Word is infalible in it's message. Men make mistakes due to perception, and available knowledge at any given time. You still listen to the weather man even though he says what time the sun will rise and set. His error is meaningless.

You can not find contradections anywhere on the Bible that will change God's message of love and salvation. His message is there, clearly for those who will see. When one chooses to look at punctuation, etc, one will fall off the cliff because he has put on blindfolds.

I need not prove that, just sayin'.

God bless you

Find some other device than the Bible. If you can’t trust some parts of the Bible to be accurate, then it stands to reason that you can’t trust any of it. If some of it is contradictory, how do you know that the message of salvation is not inaccurate? As one popular overweight political radio star often says “Words mean things”. Errors in the Bible say something about the Bible. As far as predicting the weather goes, I go outside and look at the sky. If it is cloudy, it might rain. If the ground it wet, it likely did rain. I trust my reasoning skills along with my senses more than I trust an ancient storybook. I guess that the devil makes me do it.

The Bible in no way contradicts itself, the only people who wish to spread that lie are non-believers who want to turn the righteous away from God and to prevent people from believing and being saved.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go over each one of these 425 literal contradictions analytically and then get back with me.

SAB Contradictions

By the way, I read some of the responses. They are basically cop-outs. Some say in effect: "Well, that is not what the word means in this case." Then the author/translator should have used a more accurate word. The point is that the Bible is practically full of contradictions. I presented you with a list to prove it. Good luck at trying to knock down each and every one of them. When you are done, I have a long list of absurdities for you to conquer.

The Bible in no way contradicts itself, the only people who wish to spread that lie are non-believers who want to turn the righteous away from God and to prevent people from believing and being saved.

Go over each one of these 425 literal contradictions analytically and then get back with me.

SAB Contradictions

By the way, I read some of the responses. They are basically cop-outs. Some say in effect: "Well, that is not what the word means in this case." Then the author/translator should have used a more accurate word. The point is that the Bible is practically full of contradictions. I presented you with a list to prove it. Good luck at trying to knock down each and every one of them. When you are done, I have a long list of absurdities for you to conquer.

why is it so important to you to tell other people what they should and shouldn't believe?

SAB Contradictions

why is it so important to you to tell other people what they should and shouldn't believe?

Why do some people like to try to convince you to be a Christian? Why are some people so bound and determined to keep theistic references in government to the chagrin of American atheists? Why do some people insist on telling others that the Bible can be taken literally as truth? Perhaps I’m a gadfly who likes correcting people when they make incorrect statement. Perhaps I’ve had too much trouble with Christian busy-bides trying to rescue me than I have had with agnostics and atheists. I don’t know. You play psychiatrist.

SAB Contradictions

Why do some people like to try to convince you to be a Christian? Why are some people so bound and determined to keep theistic references in government to the chagrin of American atheists? Why do some people insist on telling others that the Bible can be taken literally as truth? Perhaps I’m a gadfly who likes correcting people when they make incorrect statement. Perhaps I’ve had too much trouble with Christian busy-bides trying to rescue me than I have had with agnostics and atheists. I don’t know. You play psychiatrist.

no, thanks.

it's amusing that you've become what you purport to deplore.

there's a word for that.
enjoy.

no, thanks.

there's a word for that.
enjoy.

I'm simply responding to the person who makes the first claim. I'm not one to toot my horn from the beginning. If such Bible-thumpers would stop shoving such nonsense in my face, then you would not hear a peep about it from me. I'm just giving back what I get. If I don't get, then I don't give back. I'm sort of balancing the playing field. Don't you understand? One can only turn the other cheek so many times.

the 'bible' as an infallible source of the word of an infallible god: DEBUNKED
'Gogd' can defend and protect his word: DEBUNKED
The NT 'fixes' the OT: DEBUNKED

Once again: Christianity: FUNDAMENTAL PREMISE DEBUNKED

The only thing that I see debunked is you as a source of any halfway intelligent information.

I started you off easy. You've many left to go

What do you mean, "you" started me off easy...don't you mean Bassam Zawadi started me off easy? Are you Bassam Zawadi?

Contradictions In The New Testament That Have No Good Answer.

MUSLIM: Bassam Zawadi has written more than two hundred articles on Islam and Christianity. He is currently studying in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), but he has also lived in Canada, the United States, and Saudi Arabia. He runs the website http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/ and works for one of the world’s leading marketing research companies.

Iron Sharpens Iron: MUSLIM vs CHRISTIAN DEBATE: BASSAM ZAWADI vs DAVID WOOD (PART 2)

This kids, is why you don't plagiarize and pretend it was your own work. OP got owned.

Well, of course he didn't come up with that on his own, I just made a similar point in another thread. They read this stuff on websites having no clue what any of it means, and act like it's the 'truth' because it fits their MO. I'd be surprised if he even read most of it. That's why you don't even bother with discussion here, there is no legitimate discussion with someone like him, his mind is closed and made up.

no, thanks.

there's a word for that.
enjoy.

I'm simply responding to the person who makes the first claim. I'm not one to toot my horn from the beginning. If such Bible-thumpers would stop shoving such nonsense in my face, then you would not hear a peep about it from me. I'm just giving back what I get. If I don't get, then I don't give back. I'm sort of balancing the playing field. Don't you understand? One can only turn the other cheek so many times.

First of all, this was a thread negating the Bible started by a christian basher, second of all, you chose to come in here to read and post, no one shoved anything in your face.

It's funny cause I read that all the time by christian bashers, how christians are always trying to shove their religion down everyone else's throats, yet the majority of christian discussion on this board is started by the haters, not the other way around. I've never had a christian just come up to me and try to 'convert' me to their religion or 'shove it in my face'. Where the hell do all you people live exactly that you're continuously coming into contact with people that try to shove thier religion down your throat?

no, thanks.

there's a word for that.
enjoy.

First of all, this was a thread negating the Bible started by a christian basher, second of all, you chose to come in here to read and post, no one shoved anything in your face.

It's funny cause I read that all the time by christian bashers, how christians are always trying to shove their religion down everyone else's throats, yet the majority of christian discussion on this board is started by the haters, not the other way around. I've never had a christian just come up to me and try to 'convert' me to their religion or 'shove it in my face'. Where the hell do all you people live exactly that you're continuously coming into contact with people that try to shove thier religion down your throat?

So I was casually surfing some of the threads and came across a post by accident. I was not looking for a fight. Okay. So I didn’t bother to see who wrote the original post for this thread. He was not me.

I guess that we have each had our perspective tainted by our experiences. I have certainly had complete strangers come up to me and start talking about Jesus. Even as I walked away and showed disinterest, he kept following me and asking questions. I’ve also had Jehovah’s Witnesses pounding at my door.

I guess that we have each had our perspective tainted by our experiences. I have certainly had complete strangers come up to me and start talking about Jesus. Even as I walked away and showed disinterest, he kept following me and asking questions. I’ve also had Jehovah’s Witnesses pounding at my door.

That has never happened to me, nor have I ever witnessed anything like it happening, ever. How often has it happened to you in your lifetime?

That has never happened to me, nor have I ever witnessed anything like it happening, ever. How often has it happened to you in your lifetime?

Jehovah’s Witnesses – I’d estimate about 3 times per year over a span of 20 years.
Strangers wanting to discuss Jesus with me – About 3 time per year to.
Of course when flipping channels one almost can’t avoid CBN or the Sunday religious television shows.

Unfortunately, I live in the Bible belt. Perhaps I should move.

Jehovah’s Witnesses – I’d estimate about 3 times per year over a span of 20 years.
Of course when flipping channels one almost can’t avoid CBN or the Sunday religious television shows.

I had to duck a JW yesterday. They are equal opportunity.

They're just testifying, or witnessing. It's what they do, and I don't view that as having religion forced down one's throat, anymore than billboards are forcing products down your throat.

All of the Christian bashers have no real arguments to counter the truth thats written in the bible and there misunderstandings of the Word is about all they can rely on.

so we have 3 rewsponses
-copouts

-personal attacks for not wanting to ype the shit out myself when someone already typed them (I didn't use many of them, for a lot weren't good points

-crying and 'shutup'

not a single defense

Three times a year, huh? :lol: If you say so, but I'm finding that a bit hard to believe. Even at that, it's hardly 'shoving it in your face', and since you don't like it, I guess you would advocate that all religious programming be removed from television? How does that make you any different from what you say they are?

so we have 3 rewsponses
-copouts

-personal attacks for not wanting to ype the shit out myself when someone already typed them (I didn't use many of them, for a lot weren't good points

-crying and 'shutup'

not a single defense

Nobody has to defend anything to you, nobody owes you anything, especially an explanation of their personally held beliefs.

I'm still trying to think of an occasion when a JW has ever caused me distress of any sort. I was raised in a community with quite a few, and there is a lady who hits up my current abode every few weeks. If I'm there I come to the door, allow her to do her thing, take her literature, talk to her a few minutes and gently remind her that I'm a Baptist, but I certainly will read the literature.

And I do. The literature is bland enough and really doesn't contradict anything I believe in myself (I know it is designed that way, however). Somehow, I just don't equate that with forcing anything down my throat.

When somebody laughs, jeers, or deliberately says offensive thing about Jesus, I consider that to be offensive, however, and very in-your-face.

so we have 3 rewsponses
-copouts

-crying and 'shutup'

not a single defense
You were obviously trolling when you created this thread so what were you to expect?

Forum List

Back