New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God

You are not addressing anything pertaining to the logic of scientific discovery. At all.

You need to apply it if you want to talk to scientists. If that's not what you want, then don't learn it.

But, your approach has nothing at all to do with the logic of scientific discovery even though you are talking about science.

Your choice, though, of course.

Ok this is the atheist riddle.

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that
occurs naturally, you’ve toppled my proof. All you need is one.

Perry Marshall

Information Theory and DNA vs. Atheists « Cosmic Fingerprints
1. DNA IS a molecule. The pattern of that molecule is indeed a code for transcription. It is not a language, unless all codes are languages, and they are not.

Fail.

2. The sequence of the nucleotides in a strand of DNA is not determined by a mind, rather it is determined by a series of biochemical reactions in an organism.

Fail.

3. As (1) and (2) fail, (3) fails as well.

Any and all codes are forms of communication,as is language,sign language, and all forms of communication came about by a mind. If you can show one that didn't you have proven this argument wrong, But not until then.

1. DNA IS a molecule. The pattern of that molecule is indeed a code for transcription. It is not a language, unless all codes are languages, and they are not.

Fail.

2. The sequence of the nucleotides in a strand of DNA is not determined by a mind, rather it is determined by a series of biochemical reactions in an organism.

Fail.

Wrong, if there is no information there is no science ?

Transcription of our DNA say's you're wrong and so do biologists.

DNA transcription is a process that involves the transcribing of genetic information from DNA to RNA. The transcribed DNA message is used to produce proteins. DNA is housed within the nucleus of our cells. It controls cellular activity by coding for the production of enzymes and proteins. The information in DNA is not directly converted into proteins, but must first be copied into RNA. This ensures that the information contained within the DNA does not become tainted.
DNA Transcription
DNA consists of four nucleotide bases [adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C) and thymine (T)] that are paired together (A-T and C-G) to give DNA its double helical shape.

There are three main steps to the process of DNA transcription. •RNA Polymerase Binds to DNA

DNA is transcribed by an enzyme called RNA polymerase. Specific nucleotide sequences tell RNA polymerase where to begin and where to end. RNA polymerase attaches to the DNA at a specific area called the promoter region.

•Elongation

Certain proteins called transcription factors unwind the DNA strand and allow RNA polymerase to transcribe only a single strand of DNA into a single stranded RNA polymer called messenger RNA (mRNA). The strand that serves as the template is called the antisense strand. The strand that is not transcribed is called the sense strand.

Like DNA, RNA is composed of nucleotide bases. RNA however, contains the nucleotides adenine, guanine, cytosine and uricil (U). When RNA polymerase transcribes the DNA, guanine pairs with cytosine and adenine pairs with uricil.

•Termination

RNA polymerase moves along the DNA until it reaches a terminator sequence. At that point, RNA polymerase releases the mRNA polymer and detaches from the DNA.
Since proteins are constructed in the cytoplasm of the cell by a process called translation, mRNA must cross the nuclear membrane to reach the cytoplasm. Once in the cytoplasm, mRNA along with ribosomes and another RNA molecule called transfer RNA, work together to produce proteins. Proteins can be manufactured in large quantities because a single DNA sequence can be transcribed by many RNA polymerase molecules at once.

DNA Transcription
Nothing in there supports your claim in (1) that the sequence of nucleotides is a language.

(1) still fails.

Nothing in there supports your claim that nucleic acids are created by a 'mind' rather than a series of biochemical reactions.

(2) still fails.

And, as (3) is a conclusion based on the veracity of (1) and (2), (3) fails by default.

Well said, if my memory serves me right you're a christian correct?

The coding of DNA neither proves or disproves the existence of a god, I think the OP too often tries to claim every type of believer and non-believer are always on one particular side when it comes to a scientific discussion.

Ok this is the atheist riddle.

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that
occurs naturally, you’ve toppled my proof. All you need is one.

Perry Marshall

Information Theory and DNA vs. Atheists « Cosmic Fingerprints

Fail.

Fail.

Any and all codes are forms of communication,as is language,sign language, and all forms of communication came about by a mind. If you can show one that didn't you have proven this argument wrong, But not until then.
So, all codes are languages.

Nah, they aren't.

But, for grins, let's stipulate that they are.

The sequence of the nucleotides in a strand of nucleic acid in an organism is not determined by a mind (unless I make it myself on my nucleic acid synthesizer), rather it is determined by a series of biochemical reactions in an organism.

We can certainly manipulate it, but irrespective of what we do exogenously to the organism, the organism will still make nucleic acids through a series of biochemical reactions.

DNA transcription is a process that involves the transcribing of genetic information from DNA to RNA. The transcribed DNA message is used to produce proteins. DNA is housed within the nucleus of our cells. It controls cellular activity by coding for the production of enzymes and proteins. The information in DNA is not directly converted into proteins, but must first be copied into RNA. This ensures that the information contained within the DNA does not become tainted.
DNA Transcription
DNA consists of four nucleotide bases [adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C) and thymine (T)] that are paired together (A-T and C-G) to give DNA its double helical shape.

There are three main steps to the process of DNA transcription. •RNA Polymerase Binds to DNA

DNA is transcribed by an enzyme called RNA polymerase. Specific nucleotide sequences tell RNA polymerase where to begin and where to end. RNA polymerase attaches to the DNA at a specific area called the promoter region.

•Elongation

Certain proteins called transcription factors unwind the DNA strand and allow RNA polymerase to transcribe only a single strand of DNA into a single stranded RNA polymer called messenger RNA (mRNA). The strand that serves as the template is called the antisense strand. The strand that is not transcribed is called the sense strand.

Like DNA, RNA is composed of nucleotide bases. RNA however, contains the nucleotides adenine, guanine, cytosine and uricil (U). When RNA polymerase transcribes the DNA, guanine pairs with cytosine and adenine pairs with uricil.

•Termination

RNA polymerase moves along the DNA until it reaches a terminator sequence. At that point, RNA polymerase releases the mRNA polymer and detaches from the DNA.
Since proteins are constructed in the cytoplasm of the cell by a process called translation, mRNA must cross the nuclear membrane to reach the cytoplasm. Once in the cytoplasm, mRNA along with ribosomes and another RNA molecule called transfer RNA, work together to produce proteins. Proteins can be manufactured in large quantities because a single DNA sequence can be transcribed by many RNA polymerase molecules at once.

DNA Transcription
Nothing in there supports your claim in (1) that the sequence of nucleotides is a language.

(1) still fails.

Nothing in there supports your claim that nucleic acids are created by a 'mind' rather than a series of biochemical reactions.

(2) still fails.

And, as (3) is a conclusion based on the veracity of (1) and (2), (3) fails by default.

No. Raised Roman Catholic, but I am an agnostic theist or just a theist, depending on the day. I never believed in Christ as the son of God. (Hope I'm not wrong, but I am what I am. ;))

.... The coding of DNA neither proves or disproves the existence of a god, I think the OP too often tries to claim every type of believer and non-believer are always on one particular side when it comes to a scientific discussion.
I have a doctorate in chemistry (specifically organic chemistry). I would hazard a guess that more than half of my colleagues are not atheists. But, they are scientists and they all practice science at the job.

Last edited:

Fail.

Fail.

DNA Transcription

•Elongation

•Termination

DNA Transcription

(1) still fails.

(2) still fails.

Do you really understand what transcription means ?

DNA is a code ,And You have the morse code Both provide a message.

DNA data is information.

code/kōd/

Verb: Convert (the words of a message) into a particular code in order to convey a secret meaning.

Noun: A system of words, letters, figures, or other symbols used to represent others, esp. for the purposes of secrecy

tran·scrip·tion/tranˈskripSHən/Noun

1. A written or printed representation of something.

2. The action or process of transcribing something.

da·ta/ˈdatə/Noun

1. Facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.

2. Things known or assumed as facts, making the basis of reasoning or calculation.

com·mu·ni·ca·tion/kəˌmyo͞oniˈkāSHən/Noun

1. The imparting or exchanging of information or news.

2. A letter or message containing such information or news

Do you have any example of any form of communication did not come about by a mind ?

(1) still fails.

(2) still fails.

No. Raised Roman Catholic, but I am an agnostic theist or just a theist, depending on the day. I never believed in Christ as the son of God. (Hope I'm not wrong, but I am what I am. ;))

.... The coding of DNA neither proves or disproves the existence of a god, I think the OP too often tries to claim every type of believer and non-believer are always on one particular side when it comes to a scientific discussion.
I have a doctorate in chemistry (specifically organic chemistry). I would hazard a guess that more than half of my colleagues are not atheists. But, they are scientists and they all practice science at the job.

Oh ok gotcha, yeah i would think religion and whether or not a god exists never even enter the minds of you and your colleagues during your work.

DNA Transcription

•Elongation

•Termination

DNA Transcription

(1) still fails.

(2) still fails.

Do you really understand what transcription means ?

Yup.

Oh ok gotcha, yeah i would think religion and whether or not a god exists never even enter the minds of you and your colleagues during your work.
;) If they did, they would get several sideways glances from the religious colleagues, too.

(1) still fails.

(2) still fails.

Define Neo Darwinism ?

Define Neo Darwinism ?
Why?

That is why their presuppositions are wrong. That is why they have glaring holes in the theory.

Define Neo Darwinism ?
Why?

Because you are trying to argue they're wrong.

That is why their presuppositions are wrong. That is why they have glaring holes in the theory.
Which presuppositions are those?

For removing the possibility that everything is the result of creation relying on random chance as the answer for how.

Not exactly new, but fully supported by science.My views will need to be adjusted just a little. I will post the link where you can listen to the audio version which i enjoyed thouroughly or you can read the entire article.

New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God

A Seminal Presentation by Astrophysicist Dr. Hugh Ross, given in South Barrington, Illinois, April 16, 1994

Hugh Ross - Origin of the Universe

This crap isnt supported by any Science. I was a born again Christian BTW. Nothing this guy said has any legitimate science to it. He making crap up and giving his opinion.

I'm interested in you saying you were a born again Christian. If it's ok...can I please ask you a few of questions?

1 - What happened when you were born again; and/or what was revealed to you from God?

2 - Who was Jesus Christ to you? (please explain in detail anything/everything he was to you)

3 - What do you believe now?

Hope you see this. If you do, please feel free to pm me or something so I can see your reply.
Thanks for your time.

No..............he agreed with my post that showed evolution/natural selection/mutation was the reason gonorrhea had acquired pieces of human DNA.

So he's saying they're right, you're the one saying those who don't deny science are wrong.

Only some of their explanations. Let's not get derailed here.

Well if he understands the theory of evolution, he would understand that the Neo believer needs new information for Macro-evolution to be possible .and he would know they try to prove that information comes from mutations mistakes in the DNA.

Last edited:

For removing the possibility that everything is the result of creation relying on random chance as the answer for how.
If a scientist just accepted that everything is the result of random chance, then the scientist's job would be done. All peer-reviewed papers would be the same: "Look, more random chance."

No..............he agreed with my post that showed evolution/natural selection/mutation was the reason gonorrhea had acquired pieces of human DNA.

So he's saying they're right, you're the one saying those who don't deny science are wrong.

Only some of their explanations. Let's not get derailed here.

Well if he understands the theory of evolution, he would understand that the Neo believer needs new information for Macro-evolution to be possible .and he would know they try to prove that information comes from mutations mistakes in the DNA.
Horizontal gene transfer takes care of that.

Forum List

Back