New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Youwerecreated, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Youwerecreated

Youwerecreated Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Not exactly new, but fully supported by science.My views will need to be adjusted just a little. I will post the link where you can listen to the audio version which i enjoyed thouroughly or you can read the entire article.

New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God

A Seminal Presentation by Astrophysicist Dr. Hugh Ross, given in South Barrington, Illinois, April 16, 1994

Hugh Ross - Origin of the Universe

2. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +914
    Here's a challenge "go and replenish the earth".
    Lets see what you come up with. HINT: Don't ask the brainwashed hillbilly preacher.

3. The_GiantNoodle

The_GiantNoodle Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17

This crap isnt supported by any Science. I was a born again Christian BTW. Nothing this guy said has any legitimate science to it. He making crap up and giving his opinion.

4. nitroz

nitroz INDEPENDENTly ruthless

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    how is that supported by science?

he took the theory and made it his own theory by adding jesus christ.....

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,592
    If there is "scientific" evidence for GOD, then that's the end of faith, hence the end of religion.

Here's a thought...if you looking for empirical evidence for GOD, you're NOT REALLY a Christian.

Because if you're seeking evidence of GOD, you don't understand the basic tenets THAT religon AT ALL.

6. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    YWC siding with a man who believes the Earth is 4.5 billion years old? YWC siding with a man who believes all those "absurd" and "crazy" dating methods?

What next, quoting and siding with Richard Dawkins?

7. 007

007 Board has LIBERAL bias Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,101
    1994 is "new?"

8. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    You're not showing how he is wrong with anything he said. Rhetoric don't work when we are speaking of science does it ?

9. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    He broke it down for you.

10. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Later Trader,

Dr. Ross is saying he takes no issue with fossil records and readily admits to 3 billion year old fossil records of species, but then ignores all that same logic and says fossil records from thousands of years of years ago leading to man are wrong and that we just poofed and showed up.

Very interesting to say the least.

11. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    How did you address his claims ?i will be honest here, i don't know that much about this issue but it looks like Dr, Ross makes a very solid argument. And by the looks of the responses so far, i see nothing but Rhetoric.

This thread is gonna be evidence about God. It's time to reach the ones with truth, and convince them the schools are deliberately teaching there is God, when all evidence points to a creator.

12. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I never was a fan of religion,i believe religion has caused a very big number of people to fall away from God. In the book of revelations God speaks of babylon the great and with a thourough study you can see that babylon the great represents the empire of false man made religion.

He refers to her being the great harlot that got in bed with the nations and people became rich because of her. It will be shocking when he comes to the earth to judge and destroy her. That is why God yells loudly with the voice of the Archangel to get out of her my people.Unless you want to share in her plagues and desrtuction.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  13. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I wouldn't say all creationists are like that. More and more you have creationists ignoring what parts of the Bible go against science rather than vice versa, and I'm confident that trend will continue. I bet if you ask most creationists if there was ever a 450 foot wooden boat carrying 2 of every animal that's ever walked the earth (T Rex and moo cows side by side) I'm confident most would say absolutely not despite the Bible saying that happened.

It's just interesting that he says 3 billion year old fossil records are perfectly fine, but 300,000 year old fossil records are ridiculous and should be flat out ignored.

I can't dog him too much though despite his hypocrisy, I'm sure he's in a nicer house and drives a nicer car than me because of the sales from his hypocrisy lol.

14. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Yes it is causing me to rethink some of my positions. It's just not this article ,i have been reading all i can on this issue.

I did look up some of the Hebrew words that he brought up, and he is right. The only place i differed with him was with the age of the universe and the earth. He is right we assume that creation was six twenty four hour periods.

I went to the bible to see how he broke it down, how he came up with the 4th day being when the days became 24 hour periods of time. the night and day representing 24 hours in day that we see now..

What also was interesting how he pointed to 42 evidences that showed life could not exist if they were not the way they were.That is evidence of a designer. I plan on adding much more evidence that took design to accomplish, it could not of happened by chance.

15. Si modo

Si modo Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,762
    Circular reasoning seasoned with scientific accuracies. Nothing more.

16. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163

I still don't trust the dating methods being reliable if they were they would not need to continue looking for new dating methods.

And i believe Dr.Ross said the oldest fossil they have in their possession is 24,000 years old.

He is also saying that creation of living organisms began 6 to 60 thousand years ago. That would also explain the land of Nod being around when cain was banished to it.

17. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Both sides require some circular reasoning to fill in the gaps.

18. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I guess i am gonna have to break out more evidence to stop the rhetoric of the atheist.

19. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    But since this article there has been further evidence confirming what is said in this article. That is the evidence no one is responding to.

That is what creationist do, they look at the evidence and the explanations the evolutionist give, and it's usually not that difficult to poke holes in their theories.

20. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Do you not see that the atheistic evolutionist are doing the same thing ?

Do you not realize that Darwin and most of the influential advocates of Darwism and Neo Darwinism are doing the very same thing ? their God is secularism.