Zone1 For the first time ever in modern American history, those who have "no doubt" about the existence of God has dropped to just under 50%.

And yet higher literacy and education levels are directly correlated with the falling rates of religious participation
That is not true. In fact, less and less people are now going to college. Test scores at all levels have fallen in math, language, science...as we lose contact with our Creator. A U.S. Supreme Court Justice in her conformation hearing could not answer what is a woman, and she is a woman. Now, that's STUPID! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

While it is possible to prove a negative sometimes to prove that there are no gods would require a total understanding of the universe and currenty we only have a working knowledge of about 5% of all the matter and energy in the known universe.

You seem to think our ignorance about the known universe is proof of a god.
You kind of proved the need and existence of God. Since you know very little what's out there in the universe, there is no way to say there is no God. In fact, if you only have 5% knowledge about the universe, that certainly makes the case for God. The existence of God isn't depended upon our knowledge of the universe at all. We simply have to have enough humility to realize our huge brains are very small when in comes to our total existence in the universe. Where did it all come from? A black hole perhaps? But where did the star that created that big bang black hole come from? And on and on. I have a lot of questions about that as should everyone. I would say this, when I was teaching geometry, I ran across a proof that proves there is no smallest number. Even if you could get back to the singularity of the big bang black hole, there is something more. So, even though some very smart people have the theory that there is a point where there is no time, I reject that. It may be negative time, but something happened before the big bang to create the energy that created the universe. Something had to act upon it to organize it as well. Note that Hawkins and others never bothered to figure that out. They just would say no time, nothing so no God. To me, that's illogical.

Suppose God did exist. Why are we here on earth? Where did we come from? Where are we going after this life? In James chapter one verses 5 through 8, God gives us how to know if He exists and the beginning to answering those 3 questions to find out the truth. First, we have to ask God. If we suppose he exists, that shouldn't be too hard. It's called prayer. How we pray is critical to getting answers and is in these verses. As with scientific studies, Religious studies on these matters may take a very long time for individuals to receive their answers. And, that is a very important key, each person has to study for themselves and find out for themselves. But, that's true for science as well if an individual really wants to know and not just take someone's word for it. Look what happened with Covid and how people mostly took the words of "scientists" who had alterative motives like Fauci. He finally came out and said that the good masks may have helped only 10% of the time. The others people still run around wearing don't stop a thing. Neither did shutdowns work. And, the devastation that took place economically is horrible. People's lives were destroyed in many ways. And, this chaos follows the decline in belief in God as well. Hmmm... :popcorn:

Why? The evidence for God exists. Just not in the same way we would have to prove the Big Bang Theory for those who require empirical evidence. A lot of people accept the Big Bang Theory simply because they read it in a book. I would say they take it on faith if that is the case. Same with the other positions a posed.
No it doesn't. Religious dogma is not evidence.

That is not true. In fact, less and less people are now going to college. Test scores at all levels have fallen in math, language, science...as we lose contact with our Creator. A U.S. Supreme Court Justice in her conformation hearing could not answer what is a woman, and she is a woman. Now, that's STUPID! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
and yet religions in developed countries are all experiencing shrinking memberships

No it doesn't. Religious dogma is not evidence.
Yes it is. It's historical evidence along with physical evidence that people of faith receive. I've received it. I was clear that your empirical evidence isn't going to prove the existence or non-existence of God. But, your so-called empirical evidence that there was a big bang is falling apart and still doesn't explain how the universe came into existence. So, we will call your evidence scientific dogma. How did that go with Covid? :no_text11:

and yet religions in developed countries are all experiencing shrinking memberships
And, test scores as well as people getting a hire education is shrinking as well. There is your scientific correlation. Not only that, we are experiencing more violence, more sex related confusion as well. All correlate to the pride cycle of our declining population. If you like more crime, more sex mutilation of children as well as adults, more drug infestations and less safety, you should cheer on the decline of religion in American.

Stalin and Hitler are a great example of those who not only chose not to keep the faith, but also chose to know evil.
Deriving their murderous thoughts and inspirations from the Mono's teachings - aka no Mono's, no eloquent murderous thoughts and inspirations.
Think about it. We are the only animal on the face of the earth that needs rules to guide our behavior.
Animals do have morals. Obviously you never studied animals.

Bird's live in absolute moral terms upon binding together - no birding around - sharing the family workload, taking care for their off springs and stay together till they die, and never kill just for sport.
Birds therefore are the classic atheists with natural given morals

Cats - are the total opposite - catting around all the time with frequent partner changes - even during pregnancy - the raising and family workload all left to the female. They are murderous buggers - hunting and killing other animals (for sport) without devouring/eating them, or the necessity to feed onto their murdered victims.
Cats therefore are the classic followers of a Mono religion and it's preached morals.

Yes it is. It's historical evidence along with physical evidence that people of faith receive. I've received it. I was clear that your empirical evidence isn't going to prove the existence or non-existence of God. But, your so-called empirical evidence that there was a big bang is falling apart and still doesn't explain how the universe came into existence. So, we will call your evidence scientific dogma. How did that go with Covid? :no_text11:
What historical, scientifically verifiable evidence is there that a supreme all knowing all powerful being actually exists besides the bible or any other religious text?

And, test scores as well as people getting a hire education is shrinking as well. There is your scientific correlation. Not only that, we are experiencing more violence, more sex related confusion as well. All correlate to the pride cycle of our declining population. If you like more crime, more sex mutilation of children as well as adults, more drug infestations and less safety, you should cheer on the decline of religion in American.

Irrelevant

Test scores of children have nothing to do with it. Literacy and education are far more than test scores of grade school kids. And intelligence and education are not necessarily the same thing

Religions had been declining for decades now

Last edited:
What historical, scientifically verifiable evidence is there that a supreme all knowing all powerful being actually exists besides the bible or any other religious text?
Still refusing to comprehend a single word.
What do you want for empirical evidence?

Irrelevant

Test scores of children have nothing to do with it. Literacy and education are far more than test scores of grade school kids. And intelligence and education are not necessarily the same thing

Religions had been declining for decades now

The study is flawed from the beginning. Bad study. If you get a group of less IQ in the room, your outcome will be less no matter what. That’s to start with. I taught logic in the geometry classes at a Catholic high school. Top notch students who went on to be doctors, attorneys and scored high on entrance testing and IQ tests.
Also, a lot depends on the religion, the Church and the faith. Mormons and Catholics push education, higher education and learning. And yes, study things out, think on it, meditate on it, and then pray about it. If the answer is correct for you, do it. But it won’t be right for everyone. And, studies have shown certain Churches within a religion have very intelligent people and go on to highly intelligent careers.
Then of course, what is intelligence? How you define this may not be what I define it as. I’ve scene recently and it the past the mistakes and blunders of your atheist supposedly highly intelligent people. Today, most of them can’t define what a woman is. Yet, they sit on the Supreme Court of the United States. I’ve scene your highly atheistic tyrants who have committed genocide because logically it made sense to them in order to eradicate poverty. No thank you. I’ll take the ones of average intelligence who because they follow Jesus Christ have love and compassion in their hearts and can feel the Light of Christ’s truth and make right decisions.
One other thing, our American society is devolving into a lazy, violent and un thankful country as the level of faith in God declines. God is light, pure intelligence and truth. As we move away from God we will see more and more anarchy and violence.

Last edited:
The study is flawed from the beginning. Bad study. If you get a group of less IQ in the room, your outcome will be less no matter what. That’s to start with. I taught logic in the geometry classes at a Catholic high school. Top notch students who went on to be doctors, attorneys and scored high on entrance testing and IQ tests.
Also, a lot depends on the religion, the Church and the faith. Mormons and Catholics push education, higher education and learning. And yes, study things out, think on it, meditate on it, and then pray about it. If the answer is correct for you, do it. But it won’t be right for everyone. And, studies have shown certain Churches within a religion have very intelligent people and go on to highly intelligent careers.
Then of course, what is intelligence? How you define this may not be what I define it as. I’ve scene recently and it the past the mistakes and blunders of your atheist supposedly highly intelligent people. Today, most of them can’t define what a woman is. Yet, they sit on the Supreme Court of the United States. I’ve scene your highly atheistic tyrants who have committed genocide because logically it made sense to them in order to eradicate poverty. No thank you. I’ll take the ones of average intelligence who because they follow Jesus Christ have love and compassion in their hearts and can feel the Light of Christ’s truth and make right decisions.
One other thing, our American society is devolving into a lazy, violent and un thankful country as the level of faith in God declines. God is light, pure intelligence and truth. As we move away from God we will see more and more anarchy and violence.
Keep bringing up irrelevant issues because that really helps your argument.

For the first time ever in modern American history, those who have "no doubt" about the existence of God has dropped to just under 50%.

This is wonderful. No one should ever accept anything without doubt and without evidence. I think this number needs to go down without proof as it is a failure of our educational system that allows for such uneducated opinions.

Putting belief into action + doubt = a practicing faith

How can one have faith without any doubts?

I want you to show me the being you call god.
If God wants to show Himself to you, it will be His decision. Why must he show himself to you. Who are you to demand this from God. It is a wicked and adulterous generation who seeks or demands a sign. However, God has made it possible for you to find out if you seek for God. James Chapter one verses 5-8 is a great start. That's how you will find out your empirical evidence. Only, it won't be through man's inventions. God has nothing to prove to you. He wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah, the people of Noah's time and many more for the same demand. Those who refuse to learn from History will repeat it.

Keep bringing up irrelevant issues because that really helps your argument.
What I brought up is completely relevant. Your study is flawed, completely. What is happening with our society is a perfect example. We are going crazy doing crazy insane and unintelligently while losing faith in God. We aren't becoming more intelligent. Your big brains can't even define what a woman is. How is that using cognitive reasoning? It isn't. We go to a point in our civilization where things were really good. Money was flowing. Poverty was decreasing. There was relativity peace and people of all colors were working together, living together in peace, pretty darn close to judging others based on the content of our character. We patted ourselves on the back and became prideful to where we don't need God anymore. We got this. Now, we are at each other's throats again as we continue to think we know more than God and don't need instructions anymore. Another word for this mistake, "spiritual." It's the wrong kind of "Pride." The people have lost their cognitive reasoning capabilities. The vote for a bumbling idiot who shakes hands with ghosts. That's more intelligent? :laughing0301: :stir:

Forum List

Back