New Group for Bible Believers.

[MENTION=37421]Chuckie[/MENTION]- Everyone chooses their own beliefs. Some humans will submit to and follow a religion, without question, as you do. Some will avoid religion entirely. Some will take knowledge and wisdom from various religions to develop a clearer understanding of the divine mystery, as I do. Neither of us can prove that God, or Heaven, or hell exists, yet we retain faith in those things. I cannot prove reincarnation, and you cannot disprove reincarnation. It's pointless arguing or attempting to disprove any of those ideas. None of these afterlife theories are more "intelligent" than the other.

[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]

I love the way you mispelled Ashtara. You said "Ashterah." It's beautiful :)

[MENTION=44368]Chuckt[/MENTION]. Howdy. I've had a few folks tell me that they don't know how to accept an invitation. Since I've never been on the receiving end of a group invitation I don't know how to explain the procedure for accepting one. Is there a little box someone has to click with a check mark then click on an "accept" button? How did you do it?

Yes! Thank you, Chuck! I am not savvy on the workings of this board at all! Any help is appreciated.

-J.

[MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION]
Despite our differences, I actually enjoy talking to Christians. I admit I've broken a few and destroyed their spirituality, twisting them into a mockery of everything they once stood for... but others know how to discuss ideas about God and spirituality without being spiteful or angry at me for my heresy. My favorite Christians are the ones who have rock solid faith in God, yet act peaceful and unprovocative towards people like me. It makes for beautiful conversations and epic philosophical and spiritual conversations.

We need a moderator on this thread. If it is a closed thread - who is the moderator? I would think it would be Drifting Sand.

Last edited:
Ashterah, as your request was declined by the founder of this group, what are you doing? The dialogue isn't open here. Start your own group. Thanks. - Jeremiah

I never requested to join his group. :) I merely asked if someone with my beliefs were welcome. :eusa_angel:

It's a closed group because the religion forum isn't moderated per the stated rules, so it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about Christianity there without being trolled by psychotic and imbecilic nutwads.

So with that being the case the thread will be viewed but any responses are disabled unless you are a member? Is that how that works, KG?

Ashterah, as your request was declined by the founder of this group, what are you doing? The dialogue isn't open here. Start your own group. Thanks. - Jeremiah

I never requested to join his group. :) I merely asked if someone with my beliefs were welcome. :eusa_angel:

Discussions on Religion forum are open to all. Be sure to check out my threads on there.

[MENTION=37421]Chuckie[/MENTION]- Everyone chooses their own beliefs. Some humans will submit to and follow a religion, without question, as you do. Some will avoid religion entirely. Some will take knowledge and wisdom from various religions to develop a clearer understanding of the divine mystery, as I do. Neither of us can prove that God, or Heaven, or hell exists, yet we retain faith in those things. I cannot prove reincarnation, and you cannot disprove reincarnation. It's pointless arguing or attempting to disprove any of those ideas. None of these afterlife theories are more "intelligent" than the other.

[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]

I love the way you mispelled Ashtara. You said "Ashterah." It's beautiful :)

It's a mispelling. Asherah doesn't have a t in it. Funny you didn't catch that...

It's a closed group because the religion forum isn't moderated per the stated rules, so it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about Christianity there without being trolled by psychotic and imbecilic nutwads.

Translation: it's impossible for brainwashed zealots to preach to the choir in a fully self-contained echo-chamber.

Translation: it's impossible for brainwashed zealots to preach to the choir in a fully self-contained echo-chamber.

Some people enjoy posting in the flame zone and some prefer the clean debate forum.

The religious forum is open for anyone to debate religion.

A faith based supportive discussion to inspire and share is different then a debate your beliefs thread.

Last edited:

Impossible to have a dialogue free of the nonsense. It is an excellent Idea and will be a breath of fresh air. I'm sure it will be great reading material. Looking forward to it.

Some people enjoy posting in the flame zone and some prefer the clean debate forum.

The religious forum is open for anyone to debate religion, a faith based supportive discussion to inspire and share is different then a debate your beliefs thread.

Excellent explanation, Drifter. It reminds me of when Nehemiah was rebuilding the wall. The enemies of the Jews and G-d wanted to come in and get involved and Nehemiah said them - you have no part in this work. It was such a powerful statement that it literally broke the bondage the Jews had been in - like chains dropping around their feet - catapulting them to new heights - into total victory... they slept in their clothing and wore their weapons at all time - it is a spiritual representation of the alert - on fire church - very interesting comparisons can be made. imo.

Impossible to have a dialogue free of the nonsense. It is an excellent Idea and will be a breath of fresh air. I'm sure it will be great reading material. Looking forward to it.

Don't you mean a dialogue composed of nothing but nonsense? :dunno:

It could make for some pretty entertaining reading, though. Hell, it may provide ample opportunity for a number of highly amusing FZ peanut gallery threads, so I'm all for it!
icon7.gif

So with that being the case the thread will be viewed but any responses are disabled unless you are a member? Is that how that works, KG?

I'm not one of the creators of it...I don't think you can post in the closed groups unless you're a member, though. You may be able to view.

Don't you mean a dialogue composed of nothing but nonsense? :dunno:

It could make for some pretty entertaining reading, though. Hell, it may provide ample opportunity for a number of highly amusing FZ peanut gallery threads, so I'm all for it!
icon7.gif

I suppose it is to those who are perishing. That is what the bible says. By all means read it and make your own threads. It's a free world.

@DriftingSand
Despite our differences, I actually enjoy talking to Christians. I admit I've broken a few and destroyed their spirituality, twisting them into a mockery of everything they once stood for... but others know how to discuss ideas about God and spirituality without being spiteful or angry at me for my heresy. My favorite Christians are the ones who have rock solid faith in God, yet act peaceful and unprovocative towards people like me. It makes for beautiful conversations and epic philosophical and spiritual conversations.

I'm certainly not a closeted Christian who hides behind my piety and self-righteousness. I've known folks of all different Christian denominations; semi-Christian denominations; pagan religions (Wicca, etc.); non-theist beliefs; etc.

I see myself for who I am: a small lump of flesh in the midst of a sea's worth of flesh-lumps. :D I'm no better or worse than any other lump of flesh when left to my own devises. I'm far from perfect and recognize that I am not the judge of someone else's heart and soul. I believe that job is left to the ultimate Judge, Jesus Christ.

As for my faith in the God of the Bible, Jesus Christ, my faith is unwavering. His plan is set in stone and His will shall be done regardless of anything I say or do. His plan has been in motion since He first spoke the universe and all life into being.

I actually find speaking to the naysayers as a benefit in a roundabout way. I believe in that old adage: iron sharpens iron. I believe that earth is a testing ground. We exist. We have free will. We can choose. There are many different belief systems. Our trial begins by wading through all of the various thoughts, opinions, worldviews, visions, and the like. The Bible likens this trial to silver being purified in fire. As the silver melts the dross rises to the top and is removed thus leaving the silver more pure than it was when the process began. This purifying process happens again and again throughout the life of a believer.

So, the bottom line for me is that I continue seeking the truth. I continue trying to learn from my inevitable mistakes. I try to learn from the inevitable mistakes of others as well. And I continue to pray for guidance from the one, true Spirit -- the Holy Spirit.

Forum List

Back