New Group for Bible Believers.

There is no fellowship between Belial and Christ. The Gospel is for one and all but the body of Christ is to be handled like Paul handled it in 1 Corinthians 5 & 6. In the book of Acts the believers went to their own company. When the apostles were released from the prison cell they returned to "their own company".. We have our own company and it is high time we got organized. There is a dying world out there.

It's a closed group because the religion forum isn't moderated per the stated rules, so it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about Christianity there without being trolled by psychotic and imbecilic nutwads.

So with that being the case the thread will be viewed but any responses are disabled unless you are a member? Is that how that works, KG?

When a group is set up there are three options. It can be a totally public group where anyone can join anytime they want; it can be a moderated group; or it can be by invitation only. I'm not sure what the difference between "moderated" and "invitation only" is but I chose the "invitation" option to make sure that only fellow Christians can be members.

I don't know if non-members can read posts posted by members. I should hope not but I really don't know.

There is no fellowship between Belial and Christ. The Gospel is for one and all but the body of Christ is to be handled like Paul handled it in 1 Corinthians 5 & 6. In the book of Acts the believers went to their own company. When the apostles were released from the prison cell they returned to "their own company".. We have our own company and it is high time we got organized. There is a dying world out there.

I agree. True Christian fellowship can only be had within the body of Christ - the universal Church. I am willing to discuss matters with non-Christians but I don't see it as "fellowship" in the biblical sense of the word. I do believe in taking the message of Christ to non-believers but I also believe in kicking the dust from my shoes if they reject that message.

I think readers only like they have in bull ring debates would be a benefit to many people. They have seen Christianity misrepresented on the open religion forum and this gives them an opportunity to see something different. Especially a prayer group praying for the sick here - seeing results from those prayers would be a powerful testimony to those reading. Like a living journal of requests / answers...

It's a closed group because the religion forum isn't moderated per the stated rules, so it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about Christianity there without being trolled by psychotic and imbecilic nutwads.

Translation: it's impossible for brainwashed zealots to preach to the choir in a fully self-contained echo-chamber.

Are you willing to listen to Christ's Gospel?

Translation: it's impossible for brainwashed zealots to preach to the choir in a fully self-contained echo-chamber.

Are you willing to listen ...?

:laugh:

Oh yes, I'm willing to listen.

Are you?

Belial means "He/ she who has no master". I have no master among humans. But I do have a master. God is my master.

Are you willing to listen ...?

:laugh:

Oh yes, I'm willing to listen.

Are you?

Your response to my question is the very reason whey Christians need a safe haven from the naysayers. It's hard to have civil conversations with other Christians when the mockers are out in full force these days. Thanks for proving to the rest of the world why a closed group is necessary.

It's also nice to have somebody admit their only purpose in the religion forum is to troll Christian threads [MENTION=23905]Trajan[/MENTION]

Where are you on the religion forum, Capstone? What's been your input / interest thus far?

My activity to date in the Religion and Ethics forum has been relatively sparse for good reason. From what I've seen, Christians and non-Christians alike have done reasonably well in placing their points and counterpoints on the table in there. On top of that, in my experience, the efforts to change the minds of the indoctrinated have nearly always proven to be exercises in futility, no matter how soundly I've thumped and/or spun the various denominations' apologists in circles with their own sacred texts and lines of reasoning.

My interest here is solely in providing some counterbalance to the proposed 'echo-chamber' medium.

Or maybe I've just been saving myself, Jeremiah -- storing up the lion's share of a couple of decades worth of anti-Christian angst, knowing in the back of my mind that one day the floodgates would have to be opened. :eusa_think:

Where are you on the religion forum, Capstone? What's been your input / interest thus far?

My activity to date in the Religion and Ethics forum has been relatively sparse for good reason. From what I've seen, Christians and non-Christians alike have done reasonably well in placing their points and counterpoints on the table in there. On top of that, in my experience, the efforts to change the minds of the indoctrinated have nearly always proven to be exercises in futility, no matter how soundly I've thumped and/or spun the various denominations' apologists in circles with their own sacred texts and lines of reasoning.

My interest here is solely in providing some counterbalance to the proposed 'echo-chamber' medium.

Or maybe I've just been saving myself, Jeremiah -- storing up the lion's share of a couple of decades worth of anti-Christian angst, knowing in the back of my mind that one day the floodgates would have to be opened. :eusa_think:

Thanks for your honesty, Capstone. In light of your angst let's discuss the idea of a bull ring debate where you can get it out with a Christian who will respond with respect and fair answers that won't put you off. I'd be willing. If you are interested think it over and think about what topic is on your mind and PM me! We'll do it! I have a few things of my own I need to get out so it will be good for both of us Cap! We can plan a week out - two weeks out - whatever you'd like. Let's just agree on the topic though. It should address both sides of the issues we're having - individually. ( fair )

Last edited:
Jeering, ridiculing and trolling in the religion forum, and in this announcement thread, does not constitute a "counter balance" to anything except sane discourse.

Belial means "He/ she who has no master". I have no master among humans. But I do have a master. God is my master.

Belial is not God. The G-d of Israel is G-d. Lucifer is a created being. G-d is not a created being. Huge difference.

Belial is not God. The G-d of Israel is G-d. Lucifer is a created being. G-d is not a created being. Huge difference.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. The God I worship has been called many names, such as YHWH, God, Adonai, Allah, Elohim, etc

Why are you bringing up the names Belial and Lucifer?

Last edited:
...Let's just agree on the topic though. It should address both sides of the issues we're having - individually. ( fair )

• You pick the topic and unambiguously lay out the scope of its periphery.
  • Allow two weeks for preparation.
  • Post the OP.
  • I'll rebut it.
  • You counter my rebuttal.
  • I get the last word.

Two posts apiece. You get the first word; I get the last.

No limits on time or the amount of content relevant to the agreed upon scope.

sounds good.

PM me whenever you're ready with this: "You pick the topic and unambiguously lay out the scope of its periphery."

See you in the Bullring.
icon7.gif

[MENTION=44368]Chuckt[/MENTION]. Howdy. I've had a few folks tell me that they don't know how to accept an invitation. Since I've never been on the receiving end of a group invitation I don't know how to explain the procedure for accepting one. Is there a little box someone has to click with a check mark then click on an "accept" button? How did you do it?

I just clicked on the link. Click on the text. It is a link in the invite.

Forum List

Back