New book explores whether Abraham Lincoln was gay

If I had to put great on a president he would get it. The only one.

Boy I wouldn't. He oversaw the slaughter of over 600,000 Americans. In my book, he was the worst.
I'm not standing up for the South, slavery was fucking as evil as you can get. But he failed miserably at working some agreeable solution out, and once the bullets started flying, he was a failure.

The entire speculation was because it was written that "he shared a bed" with another man is simply stupid! In those days, beds were expensive and hard to come by! You just couldn't run down to your local furniture store and pick out a twin bed and nice Tempurpedic mattress!

The entire speculation was because it was written that "he shared a bed" with another man is simply stupid! In those days, beds were expensive and hard to come by! You just couldn't run down to your local furniture store and pick out a twin bed and nice Tempurpedic mattress!
It was very common to share a bed even with total strangers due to scarcity.

Inns and hotels often rented multiple spaces in one bed to different guests. You had a choice: share the bed or sleep on the floor.

Once in a while ( not often ) Hollywood gets it right. In the original true grit with Duke Wayne young Mattie goes to pick up her dad's body to be brought home for burial.
While in town she rents a place to sleep and has to share the bed with an elderly woman.

The movie was fiction but that little scene was authentic.

To gays every one of any importance was gay. Best to ignore them and move on.
Ironically they grow furious if someone evil is considered gay.

At least one author has made a well thought out argument that Hitler was gay. His argument was that this is part of Hitler's psychology which helped drive Hitler's insane politics. He was gay but forced to stay in the closet and the strain led to at least part of his evil mindset. The book was called " The Hidden Hitler ".

I don't think the idea was proven but he did make a good argument with some circumstantial evidence.

Naturally many gays and progressives screamed bloody murder over the idea.

Heck, lots of old westerns showed it.
It was very common to share a bed even with total strangers due to scarcity.

Inns and hotels often rented multiple spaces in one bed to different guests. You had a choice: share the bed or sleep on the floor.

Once in a while ( not often ) Hollywood gets it right. In the original true grit with Duke Wayne young Mattie goes to pick up her dad's body to be brought home for burial.
While in town she rents a place to sleep and has to share the bed with an elderly woman.

The movie was fiction but that little scene was authentic.

Forum List

Back