New and Improved Version of 'Bush Did It"

Rummy buggered Iraq, forgot afghanistan, and is famous for "Known unknowns".

You really want to take that guy seriously?

Honestly..

When unarmoured hummers are patrolling every day. When "Hillbilly Armour" is on the menu...Of course this guy feels safe in Iraq. He's in a Rhino.

All be it begrudgingly, Obama admited the surge worked to Iraq. I believe that was under some guy whose name starts with R as Secretary of Defense? As far as forgetting Afghanistan, seems he had limited reources to deploy. Has to answer to a Democratic Congress for his funding. Stuff like that.

Honestly? I think you'd be better off breathing some helium and singing Christmas songs.

You would be incorrect. Robert Gates was SECDEF for the Surge. Rumsfeld was fired in November of 2006 and the Surge was announced in January 2007.

The surge was a plan way before Nov 2006.

In his speech last night, President Obama claimed that he was coming to the rescue of embattled American troops in Aghanistan, unlike the naughty and oblivious Bush Administration:

'In his speech to the nation last night, President Obama claimed that ‘Commanders in Afghanistan repeatedly asked for support to deal with the reemergence of the Taliban, but these reinforcements did not arrive.’ '

Upon hearing this, former Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld chanted something about "pants on fire," including phrases such as

"does a disservice to the truth"

" a bald misstatement"

and went on to suggest a verification process:

" I suggest that the Congress review the President’s assertion in the forthcoming debate and determine exactly what requests were made, who made them, and where and why in the chain of command they were denied.”

Did President 'Hope and Change" fib?

Say it ain't so, Joe.

Rumsfeld denies Obama claim - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Its sad but I'm not surprised at all.

After Obama's lies about the health care bill, single payer/public option, and the stimulus creating jobs I don't expect any less than more lies from him.

Honestly..

When unarmoured hummers are patrolling every day. When "Hillbilly Armour" is on the menu...Of course this guy feels safe in Iraq. He's in a Rhino.

All be it begrudgingly, Obama admited the surge worked to Iraq. I believe that was under some guy whose name starts with R as Secretary of Defense? As far as forgetting Afghanistan, seems he had limited reources to deploy. Has to answer to a Democratic Congress for his funding. Stuff like that.

Honestly? I think you'd be better off breathing some helium and singing Christmas songs.

And General Petraeus admitted the surge may not have been necessary.

Really? Best you got? Fail.

You would be incorrect. Robert Gates was SECDEF for the Surge. Rumsfeld was fired in November of 2006 and the Surge was announced in January 2007.

The surge was a plan way before Nov 2006.

The Surge was Patraeus and Gates, not Rumsfeld.

Rummy was fired just prior to the mid term elections.

The Surge talks began after the 2006 mid term election and after the Iraq Study group came out in early December of the same year. It was then announced in January of 2007 and the troops werent all in place until like June of 2007. Thankfully, Rumsfeld was LONG gone at that point.

And General Petraeus admitted the surge may not have been necessary.

The surge was necessary to keep the American people from storming the White House with pitchforks and torches.

It was a political delaying movement.

The real difference came when Gates and Petreaus took over. It was a leadership issue, not a troop quantity issue.

False claim from start to finish on your part.

Honestly..

Welcome to the board, Alvin.

Curious that you inadvertantly used the word 'Honestly..'

Now, I understand that to you this is a mere cliche, meaning 'Isn't my point just brilliant, you know, that Rumsfeld did things that I disagree with, so he has no right to speak, and if he is correct, we should ignore him anyway.'

But just for a moment, let's hypothesize that you were a thinking human being who has the ability to judge the truth, no matter the source... a bit of a stretch, huh?

But just go with it for a moment.

What is the effect that you fear vis-a-vis the respect folks have for a President who would tell any lie to strengthen his own position, or, as the OP states, use the new and improved version of 'Bush did it.'?

And here is the irony that said thinking human being would be aware of:

If the President was not such a small person, and did not fear giving his predecessor some credit, he could have pointed to the same kind of surge he was speaking in support of for Afghanistan, and pointed to its successin Iraq!

Funny, huh?

PoliticalChic,

How can you ignore that our Commander and Chief led us into Iraq under false pretenses? This is the horriffic fact that lead to the useless deaths of thousands of Americans.

You accuse Alvin of not thinking. My perception is that you are a victim of the propaganda machines. Americans of the 20th century would have balked and rejected the idea of invading a country merely to depose its leader. Witness Nazi Germany, or Sudan, or North Korea of the 1990s. It was only the American Neocon / Newscorp propaganda machine that convinced you to turn your back on Afganistan in preference of Iraq.

I cannot trust the political party who lead with lies.

Wake up fool. Obama and the Dems are at least as bad.

And may I comment on your signature?

Ms. Coulter got it slightly wrong. In the US most people lean Left on issues. It has always been so. Other than Prohabition, can you name me one amendment to the Constitution that did not increase the general freedom of the people?

Is freedom not essentialy a Liberal point of view?

I can fully understand your determination to change the subject.

I'll take that as a full rout on your part.

I can fully understand your reluctance to respond to a fair and balanced question. Many people, chic or not, are in denial when their bull shit is told it smells.

I answered Alvin's question back on page one. I think there were four or more noted.

Welcome to the board, Alvin.

Curious that you inadvertantly used the word 'Honestly..'

Now, I understand that to you this is a mere cliche, meaning 'Isn't my point just brilliant, you know, that Rumsfeld did things that I disagree with, so he has no right to speak, and if he is correct, we should ignore him anyway.'

But just for a moment, let's hypothesize that you were a thinking human being who has the ability to judge the truth, no matter the source... a bit of a stretch, huh?

But just go with it for a moment.

What is the effect that you fear vis-a-vis the respect folks have for a President who would tell any lie to strengthen his own position, or, as the OP states, use the new and improved version of 'Bush did it.'?

And here is the irony that said thinking human being would be aware of:

If the President was not such a small person, and did not fear giving his predecessor some credit, he could have pointed to the same kind of surge he was speaking in support of for Afghanistan, and pointed to its successin Iraq!

Funny, huh?

PoliticalChic,

How can you ignore that our Commander and Chief led us into Iraq under false pretenses? This is the horriffic fact that lead to the useless deaths of thousands of Americans.

You accuse Alvin of not thinking. My perception is that you are a victim of the propaganda machines. Americans of the 20th century would have balked and rejected the idea of invading a country merely to depose its leader. Witness Nazi Germany, or Sudan, or North Korea of the 1990s. It was only the American Neocon / Newscorp propaganda machine that convinced you to turn your back on Afganistan in preference of Iraq.

I cannot trust the political party who lead with lies.

Wake up fool. Obama and the Dems are at least as bad.

The only difference between obama/dems and bush/republicans is the pace at which they are totally screwing all of us over. Dems having a faster pace of screwing us.

As much as I disagreed with Rumsfeld in a lot of his decisions, I simply cannot tolerate it when the President Flat out lies on national television. This joker has got to leave Washington. The sooner the better.

There is an old saying.
"Amatures discuss tactics, professionals discuss logistics" Obama is discussing logistics.

Mr Obama is discussing politics. Nothing more and nothing less. It is all he knows.

It's all his telepromter(s) knows.

Article 15, NOT ONE FACT that I stated ABOUT Clinton, and his Adm.....and 99% of the Congressional Dems howling and yowling about the violent removal of the Baghdad Monster is incorrect at the time of Bush, using his own judgment CORRECTLY decided to accede to Clinton's and the 99% Congressional oft-repeated clamoring for The Baghdad Psycho's head on a platter.

That's not what happened.
You remember Powell's pantomime in front of the UN? Rice's "in the form of a mushroom cloud"? Bush decided to go to war. Hell even leaked memos from the UK confirmed this.

LATER ON........when Bush (with Rumsfeld) ANNIHILATED the FOURTH LARGEST ARMY IN THE WORLD in TWENTY TWO DAYS

You know what the largest paramilitary organization in the US is?
The Boyscouts of America.

You see it takes more than numbers to make an army. Ask the Isrealis. The Iraqi army had their arses kicked back in 91, had 10 years worth of of being bottled up without resupply, they were short of training, equipment, and strung out all over the place.

And may I comment on your signature?

Ms. Coulter got it slightly wrong. In the US most people lean Left on issues. It has always been so. Other than Prohabition, can you name me one amendment to the Constitution that did not increase the general freedom of the people?

It depends are you talking about people freedom, or government freedom.

As much as I disagreed with Rumsfeld in a lot of his decisions, I simply cannot tolerate it when the President Flat out lies on national television. This joker has got to leave Washington. The sooner the better.

There is an old saying.
"Amatures discuss tactics, professionals discuss logistics" Obama is discussing logistics.

Mr Obama is discussing politics. Nothing more and nothing less. It is all he knows.

What do you think war is?

Alvin, enough obfuscation: one of these men is telling the truth.

It matters not what you opinion or history is re: Rumsfeld.

Do you not see that you are essentially saying, because of the past, even if Rumsfeld is tellilng the truth, and President Obama is falsifying, I choose to turn a blind eye.

Don't you see the statement that it makes about you?

I don't see your point. Rumsfelt is a proven idiot, or as he would say himself a "Known known" whereas Obama is as Rummy says a "Known unknown". I base my opinion of Rumsfelts political and military prowess on his track record. And it sucks.
Hence my comment.

Freedom is not a point of view.

But, it seems to me then whenever I see my personal liberties encroached upon, the assault seems to come, more often than not, from the left in the name of "the common good". Individuality is all too often sacrificed by the left for the "collective"

This is not freedom. Freedom also means the freedom to fuck up and be stuck with the mess and not DEMAND that your neighbors bail you out.

Last edited:
Freedom does not mean that there always needs to be a safety net in place to ensure that life is a zero sum game.

The bit I highlighted in pink is a flat out pipe dream of yours. You WISH "most people in the US lean left on issues".

OMG.....it's hard to take you seriously when you are so busy authoring these nonsensical posts.
Thank you.

And I notice your location is "Dublin"....assuming this "Dublin" is not in the USA, what do you know of "in the US most people...." anything? What makes you qualified to speak for "most people in the US"? :eusa_think:
My location is Dublin Ireland.
And I don't speak for most Americans. They speak for them selves. I just point out what they say.

I asked you to look at the document that is the very foundation of your state, and pointed out that it is in essence a liberal or left leaning paper. I point out that the US is left leaning enough to provide universal education and health treatment to it's population, that it has an EPA (because most people think the air should be monitored) It has an FDA (because most people want to make sure what they are putting in their bodies is controled)
The US tops the ranks for charitable giving. Is care for your neighbour not a liberal stance?

While we are at it, Christianity is itself a liberal religion and 76% of you identify as Christian
Yet the First amendment to your constitution enshrines the freedom of any religion

So tell me, who disagrees with that particular one?

Yes I live in Ireland.
But unlike many of your fellow citizens I own and use a passport. I have also the ability to do what we like to call "Reasearch" over this side of the pond.

Forum List

Back