Negative reaction to "gay marriage" surges

I understand them perfectly, and they do not apply in this case...
But they do. Would you work in a business that refused to serve gays and blacks?
Many do, they are called churches, and private clubs. What I do is my job, and following the law, whether I like said laws or not.
You didn't answer my question.
Let me restate it: Tomorrow, you walk into work and receive a memo from the CEO: Effective immediately, XYZ Corporation will no longer serve Blacks, gays, Muslims or the morbidly obese.
Would you continue to work there?
Would I? No, but that's because I have morals and follow the laws, which usually makes such things illegal...
So you do have moral values... OK, fine. Why can't someone else have moral values that prohibit them from participating in something that is revolting to them and their religious values? Or is it only Liberal convictions that you hold important?

Fucking hypocrite!
If your religion means you can't do your job as required, quit...

What's sad is some conservatives perceive this as a 'fight,' when in fact it's not.

The Obergefell ruling benefits all Americans, it reaffirms the fundamental Constitutional principle that there are limits on government's authority, that government may not seek to disadvantage citizens based solely on who they are, and that expressions of individual liberty are immune from government attack.

What's also sad is that many on the right are attempting to propagate the ridiculous lie that the ruling somehow 'disadvantages' religion, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

I wouldn't expect you to understand strong moral convictions.
But they do. Would you work in a business that refused to serve gays and blacks?
Many do, they are called churches, and private clubs. What I do is my job, and following the law, whether I like said laws or not.
Let me restate it: Tomorrow, you walk into work and receive a memo from the CEO: Effective immediately, XYZ Corporation will no longer serve Blacks, gays, Muslims or the morbidly obese.

What are the odds that in 2015 in this country that the question asked is in any way rooted in reality? Well, unless you're David Duke's receptionist.
I didn't say it was rooted in reality. I asked a hypothetical question to see if PMH had any moral convictions and if he would stand by them.

If you don't understand the discussion, stay out of it, OK?

Economic terrorism. For this fact alone think its time to pick a republican candidate and start helping them get elected...Cruz,Paul or Huckabee looks the best since obviously even though I am NOT a christian I see where this is headed and ANYONE with ANY religion is going to be forced to go AGAINST their first amendment rights thanks to faggots....its time to just shoot the motherfuckers as they walk in....get it over with...kept the ******* in place for a while. I guarantee it was a BAD time to piss off a large segment of the population with this garbage ruling. Done went and energized social conservatives,christians etc to actually get behind a candidate and vote. Enjoy the next 4 years boy. As usual faggot lovers could care less about the first amendment as long as their butt fuck cake gets made but no one said it had to taste or look good good luck with THAT kind of lawsuit bitch.
Baking a cake is not serving God, and neither is issuing marriage licenses to the members of the public...
NOT baking a cake for someone whose "relationship" goes against the very book that you believe in and is a dearly and truthfully held belief IS serving god its also a first amendment issue but I wouldn't expect the butt fuck court to say that...as many have said its past time to toss it out on its ass. Oh and no I know for fact Alabama's state marriage law says MAY issue licenses which means NO ONE in Alabama HAS to issue marriage licenses as long as its done across the board. Which is what they are doing.
What you do for money is not serving God, by definition.
Holding a strongly held belief is serving god. Period. Like I said take the butt fuckers money and make the most disgusting tasting vile looking cake ever. :) They won't ever come back

You are free to gather together your friends and protest.

One has to notice that you don't hear of a car dealer that won't sell to gay people, or a Realtor that won't sell a house to gay people, or a land owner.

This 'religious' outrage seems pegged to only low cost transactions. Once profit gets into the thousands, then everyone's fine with it.

So it certainly makes it look like the 'religious' part of this never trumps the profit.

And THAT, is modern conservatism.
Not low cost transactions. Personal service transactions. No baker has refused to sell pastries. No florist has refused to sell flowers. When the personal service requires participation, then there is a refusal.

Enjoy the temporary defeat to America it won't last.
Sleep well on that lie, which is what it is...
If it helps you sleep better cultural marxist if it helps you sleep better.
Unlike you I don't have to lie to myself to go to sleep, or fantasize about the coming Race War where I get to kill all the *******...
no need to fantasize about facts.
Neither are facts Little Hitler. The Mud People won long ago. Your kids will probably fuck them just because you told them not to...

MFW bigots are butthurt.
jfCaT7c.jpg

Ah yes....all the emotion.....

Anger and triumph.

And the battle will begin anew only in different ways and at different levels.

CA amended their constitution. Did the gay community take it lying down. No. They fought back including the exceptionally high road tactic of publishing the names of those who donated to the campaign for them and then attempting to practice intimidation (the gay community meaning their straight associates).

I expect this issue will still be a hot button twenty years from now. Things will ebb and things will flow. But just like with Roe, they won't stay the same.

The right can mourn and the left can gloat.

And the gay community can now look forward to the bankrupting of America and all that brings with it. They now have each other (legally) to comfort themselves in the knowledge that while they are in poverty along with the rest of the nation, they won.

Can we have at least 10 more threads on this topic.....PLEASE ?

Would I? No, but that's because I have morals and follow the laws, which usually makes such things illegal...
So you do have moral values... OK, fine. Why can't someone else have moral values that prohibit them from participating in something that is revolting to them and their religious values? Or is it only Liberal convictions that you hold important?

Fucking hypocrite!

You can have your moral values. But like abortion you still have to follow the laws of the land. Law trumps moral values. I know you don't think so in your head but in practice it does.

And you need to consider what you are advocating. You are putting forth that Muslims should be able to run a business or refuse service based on the religion.
And worse, you are saying if they work for the state, they can STILL refuse service because of their religion.

Christians seem to believe this overriding 'moral authority' only applies to them.

Not in America.

It will take more than just a few clerks being unwilling to service gays. It will take a real offense.
Absolutely nothing will work.
An appeal on a gay person suing a Christian will work.

Then just four Justices have to vote to take up the case of 'the cult of LGBT vs Christianity'. Scalia, Thomas, Roberts and Alito will vote to take it up.
Lol why would that over turn the entire gay marriage ruling?
Nothing will overturn the ruling. Just narrow it. Like abortion. There's still a right to abortion everywhere. Just try getting one in some places.
What could possibly be narrowed?

Serious pushback over same-sex marriage

Awesome. Good to see people aren't going down without a fight.
Terrific, and no one gives a fuck.

Add in a few more billable hours, a few court dates, and the fact that the clerks are personally liable, and the whole American Taliban love-fest goes away...
Your whining post shows that you DO care actually.Oh and as long as they don't issue licenses to ANYONE you can't do jack shit about it. :)
One state, America does not make.

It is no surprise that Alabama being opposed to same-sex marriage before, is still opposed now.

Unless you are suggesting public opinion magically changes in the space of a few months or weeks?

It will take a year or more, but I think that those opposing numbers will come down, as people start to realize the sky won't fall just because gays get married.
More than one state...that's just one they talked about I saw Kentucky as well...have heard Texas and Mississippi are changing things up as well....
They aren't 'changing', so the premise of this thread is incorrect.

Kentucky has also been against same-sex marriage, as has Texas and Mississippi, here's a list to help: List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
They are changing up as in some counties are refusing to give ANY licenses out...not just not giving them to faggots. That makes it completely legal.

Punishing people who did nothing wrong by not issuing anybody licenses? Bad idea for their cause because:

A) It's only going to piss off people that now can't get married there. Think about when you were in school and your teacher told the entire class that nobody can drink soda because one kid spilled it on the floor one day. Would you not get pissed at the teacher? Of course you would--because it's a blanket punishment and you're suffering for the actions of others that you had nothing to do with.

B) Other than the people living in areas where people can't marriage licenses...nobody else gives a shit. I really couldn't care less if anybody in Alabama can't get married anymore. I really couldn't.

Serious pushback over same-sex marriage

Awesome. Good to see people aren't going down without a fight.
Terrific, and no one gives a fuck.

Add in a few more billable hours, a few court dates, and the fact that the clerks are personally liable, and the whole American Taliban love-fest goes away...
Your whining post shows that you DO care actually.Oh and as long as they don't issue licenses to ANYONE you can't do jack shit about it. :)
One state, America does not make.

It is no surprise that Alabama being opposed to same-sex marriage before, is still opposed now.

Unless you are suggesting public opinion magically changes in the space of a few months or weeks?

It will take a year or more, but I think that those opposing numbers will come down, as people start to realize the sky won't fall just because gays get married.
More than one state...that's just one they talked about I saw Kentucky as well...have heard Texas and Mississippi are changing things up as well....
They aren't 'changing', so the premise of this thread is incorrect.

Kentucky has also been against same-sex marriage, as has Texas and Mississippi, here's a list to help: List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
They are changing up as in some counties are refusing to give ANY licenses out...not just not giving them to faggots. That makes it completely legal.

Punishing people who did nothing wrong by not issuing anybody licenses? Bad idea for their cause because:

A) It's only going to piss off people that now can't get married there. Think about when you were in school and your teacher told the entire class that nobody can drink soda because one kid spilled it on the floor one day. Would you not get pissed at the teacher? Of course you would--because it's a blanket punishment and you're suffering for the actions of others that you had nothing to do with.

B) Other than the people living in areas where people can't marriage licenses...nobody else gives a shit. I really couldn't care less if anybody in Alabama can't get married anymore. I really couldn't.
They can and will blame the faggots causing this problem. If not oh well.

Forum List

Back