lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
help this keeps happening on my computer how do I GET rid of it

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

First you have to call this guy in Nigeria, and he will charge you $200 a minute to fix it.

But yea, don't ever do that.

That is the only advice I can provide you.

My security dosen't detect it and it isa real pain to deal with. I found totally shutting down my computer keeps it from popping up for awhile but it will come back. Apologies to staff and members if this spreads to all of you nice folks.

It happens occasionally to me when I am pressing a key( usually the key for instructing a capital) and leaving my finger on without taking further action -- like removing it .
But it deletes in the normal manner . Perhaps you have a slightly more complex version .

First step in troubleshooting is to determine if it is a keyboard malfunction or something in the software.

Try a different keyboard.

WW

You have a stuck key. You probably spilled something on it, sugary drinks are notorious for key sticking.
Easy fix with canned air. Especially those made for electronics which often contain isopropyl alcohol which dries very fast.

\looks like im stuck with it. I have to fight with it just to pot this. Iwont post until i solve it bye all.Ihope i d\o\n\\ s\p\r\\\ad\ it.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Wow. Okay, so as previously mentioned, your \ key is sticking most likely due to splashing some sugary fluid on the keyboard. Disconnect the keyboard if wired, otherwise remove the batteries. Then pry the \ key up and off with two screwdrivers or picks from opposite sides. A strong thread or fine wire wound around under it should also work. Clean and dry all around the key post with isopropyl alcohol, Q-tips, and compressed air.

Push the key back on and reconnect the keyboard. If it still sticks buy a new keyboard. They're pretty cheap. They used to be fairly tough, but the printed circuits are so thin these days that, left there a few days, a little water can both eat it away and create shorts.

Last edited:
1710586656807.png

Been in the OP's situation before.

Cheaper keyboard use membrane switches which allows for the lower profile and "chicklets" type of keys.

I much prefer mechanical keyboards, the key caps are easily removed for cleaning/dusting. And as a bonus, it's not hard to replace an indivdiual mechanical switch if one becomes defective.

(And I just prefer the tactile feel, but that's personal preference.)

WW

So far so good. Getting rid of Bing off my computer seems to have done the trick. I hope it last. Thanks for the advice folks. I also gave the keyboard a good cleaning as well.

Forum List

Back