Nearly half of Americans believe another Great Depression is likely

Naah it is not a depression is it a national downscaling to bring our lifestyles into closer alignment with the rest of the globe so we can compete in the global marketplace.
Just an adjustment...

It's all part of becoming a third world country

You can't have millions and millions of third world people envade your country and espect to not have this kind of change

Nor can you expect to compete with Chinese wages.
That is a far bigger impact at this point than immigrants.

We are returning to the mean and the mean is catching up to us.

If only China would spend some money in pointless ways....

If only China would want "diversity" and make their population 30% or 40% black and Hispanic too.

"Half of Americans say they couldn't come up with $2,000 in 30 days without selling some of their possessions.

"Meanwhile, companies are flush: American firms generated $1.68 trillion in profit in the last quarter of 2010 alone. But many firms would think twice before putting their next factory or R&D center in the U.S. when they could put it in Brazil, China or India.

"These emerging-market nations are churning out 70 million new middle-class workers and consumers every year. That's one reason unemployment is high and wages are constrained here at home.

"This was true well before the recession and even before Obama arrived in office. From 2000 to 2007, the U.S. saw its weakest period of job creation since the Great Depression..."

What U.S. Economic Recovery? Five Destructive Myths -- Printout -- TIME

"Half of Americans say they couldn't come up with $2,000 in 30 days without selling some of their possessions.

"Meanwhile, companies are flush: American firms generated $1.68 trillion in profit in the last quarter of 2010 alone. But many firms would think twice before putting their next factory or R&D center in the U.S. when they could put it in Brazil, China or India.

"These emerging-market nations are churning out 70 million new middle-class workers and consumers every year. That's one reason unemployment is high and wages are constrained here at home.

"This was true well before the recession and even before Obama arrived in office. From 2000 to 2007, the U.S. saw its weakest period of job creation since the Great Depression..."

Should I feel bad because this has been the best 6 years for me? Jobs are plentiful and the pay is great. Everyone I know that works in my career field has been having a great 5-6 years.

Should I feel bad because this has been the best 6 years for me? Jobs are plentiful and the pay is great. Everyone I know that works in my career field has been having a great 5-6 years.

You in the credit counseling business?

We could compete if those in DC would make owning and running a business in America appealing. Our jobs go overseas because of extremely high Corporate taxation. American businesses pay the highest Corporate taxes in the world, it's no wonder we cannot compete with China.
Lower the capital gains tax and businesses will stay here and hire more employees, raise it and they will either leave the country or lay off workers, and who can blame them, people start businesses to make money, not to be fucked over by Politicians.

We could compete if those in DC would make owning and running a business in America appealing. Our jobs go overseas because of extremely high Corporate taxation. American businesses pay the highest Corporate taxes in the world, it's no wonder we cannot compete with China.
Lower the capital gains tax and businesses will stay here and hire more employees, raise it and they will either leave the country or lay off workers, and who can blame them, people start businesses to make money, not to be fucked over by Politicians.

Just hold on, which do american coprorations pay more for labor or taxes?
America is fixing the problem, just get used to living with less.

Just hold on, which do american coprorations pay more for labor or taxes?
America is fixing the problem, just get used to living with less.

I dont need to worry about living with less, I keep my finances in order, if only washington could do the same. ANd if you wanna talk about labor costs, thank the leftist unions for that one.

When the unions are hitting the business owners from the bottom for more money, and the politicians are hitting the businesses from the top in corporate taxes, do you blame the business owners for pulling up roots and taking it all to China?

The Great Depression didnt happen all at once. It took years of bad government policy to achieve record high unemployment levels. But we're getting there. Between Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, carbon credits and huge deficits we just might see it. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Forum List

Back