Nearly 13 years old the ACA has proven GOP dead wrong... again, again, and again.

1. Cost increases did not get worse - same trend before and after except more people covered
  2. The Premiums have spiked but the subsidies are keeping the insureds from feeling it. It is just a simple cot transference. We are paying for the rest in taxes.
  • Death panels are not a thing and more people are covered
This was over hyped by Republicans.

• Out of pocket payments did not get worse - same trend before and after except more people covered
  • The average Max out of pocket for families now is over 17 thousand dollars. The people who are getting the subsidies to pay for their Premiums cannot pay that 17000 dollars, once again you and I are paying it for them.

• You can have your doctor you want - just like before except more people are covered
  • No you can't. ALL Health Insurance plans are network based, not every Dr. is in every Network. There is no guarantee that someone in Ca who gets sick can walk into MAYO and have their insurance pay for it.
I do Health Insurance all day every day as a Consultant.
1. I just showed you that overall health expenses continued to go up at the same rate they did BEFORE the ACA. That includes ALL COSTs. Show me something different. Again, sure they went up, just like they do every year. But ACA has not made it worse.
2. Yes death panels were made up by the GOP.. not overhyped… made up.
3. Out of pocket max is about $8k which happens to you if you get epically sick. $8k for a heart attack recovery is a good deal. HOWEVER that is no more of a rate increase than pre Obama. It’s a straight line.

Affordable Care Act.

Sadly for many it is still not affordable.

Biden is in trouble with a dozen scandals and lefties are still fact checking the former president? Desperate times call for desperate tactics.

1. I just showed you that overall health expenses continued to go up at the same rate they did BEFORE the ACA. That includes ALL COSTs. Show me something different. Again, sure they went up, just like they do every year. But ACA has not made it worse.
2. Yes death panels were made up by the GOP.. not overhyped… made up.
3. Out of pocket max is about $8k which happens to you if you get epically sick. $8k for a heart attack recovery is a good deal. HOWEVER that is no more of a rate increase than pre Obama. It’s a straight line.

Nope, I posted the deductibles and Max out of pocket for the Bronze plans. They are astronomical and frankly nobody can afford them. There is a shell game used to provide the illusion rate stability. The costs always rise. The game is rates rise, the out of pockets maxes rise to balance the cost of the plan and of the services provided. Couple that with the subsidies being raised and that creates the illusion. The entire thing is a sham and a game nothing more. I don't say this as a partisan, I say this as a concerned American, it isn't sustainable.

The cost side was supposed to have been addressed also. It never was. It's irrelevant what a hamburger costs.

Every year fewer and fewer will be able to afford their health care. As already noted, while some have insurance it's not worth that much if you can't afford the deductibles and co-pays.
Really, fewer and fewer? So, more people are uninsured now?

Even after republic attempts at sabotage if the law.

Enjoy fuckup

On March 23, 2010 Obama and a democratic House and Senate passed the ACA (Obamacare) 100% on party lines. Not one single Republican supported this plan. None. 58 Democratic Senators and 2 independents pushed the ACA through congress. The GOP issued doomsday warning of impending doom to our healthcare system. So where do we sit today?

• Zero increase in the out of pocket trend from ACA
  • Zero increase in overall spending increase from ACA
  • Historically low percentage of people uninsured
  • Zero death panels are in place
  • You can go to the doctor you want to go to

The GOP's dire warning regarding the Obamacare (ACA) have all ended up in the wasteland of unrealized fear mongering by people who only care about election, not service. Why would anyone support a group this wrong about everything? Tens of millions of lives improved with no corresponding economic downside.

OVERALL HEALTH CARE EXPENSES OVER TIME - Notice no change the to the trend line

View attachment 747265

OUT OF POCKET SPENDING OVER TIME - Notice no change ot the trend line

View attachment 747267

NUMBER OF UNINSURED AMERICANS - Notice all the lives positively impacted by legislation
View attachment 747269

Sources

So no Republicans voted this pile of bs Democrat propaganda. So what?

The right’s unwarranted opposition to the ACA has nothing to do with the merits of the law and everything to do with conservatives’ blind partisan contempt for President Obama.
Not nearly as much as the left's blind partisan contempt for Donald Trump.

Nope, I posted the deductibles and Max out of pocket for the Bronze plans. They are astronomical and frankly nobody can afford them. There is a shell game used to provide the illusion rate stability. The costs always rise. The game is rates rise, the out of pockets maxes rise to balance the cost of the plan and of the services provided. Couple that with the subsidies being raised and that creates the illusion. The entire thing is a sham and a game nothing more. I don't say this as a partisan, I say this as a concerned American, it isn't sustainable.
Yours was a family amount - meaning two or more people would have to max out their out of pocket. If you have a $100,000 heart attack at least you don’t lose your home. Medical is expensive. I’m all for government assured healthcare but conservatives don’t want that.

So no Republicans voted this pile of bs Democrat propaganda. So what?
The reasons they wouldn’t vote for it were false lies I outlined. With the hindsight of 13 years it hasn’t raised costs, limited options, nor created death panels. So why don’t you support it?

Healthcare costs are rising every year. Premiums are also rising.
No shit. Welcome to America. It hasn’t gone up extra from the ACA. There are more aggressive options to limit healthcare costs if GOP was open but they are in big pharma and big healthscare pockets.

Right after ACA the PPOs went up by an order of magnitude, not just an increase. The ACA is what mandated that.

You can deflect all you want, the truth is the ACA made me leave the plan I wanted, despite what Obama promised.

That you can't even admit to that just shows your dishonesty, you worthless paid shill beta cuck.
No. I have had jobs where it was my job to budget and review healthcare plans for a multibillion corporation with thousands of employees. We signed a contract for 2 years, sometimes only one, and rebid. That causes us to change carriers. Every 2 years. That is what happened at your company.

Across the nation (even in Florida) Obamacare continues to be a gigantic success. It insures 10% of Floridians, and that will grow this year.

Obamacare is a wonderfully humane policy, giving numerous Americans care and security they would not otherwise have. And it is a source of security to all of us in the case of unexpected job loss.

But it is also an economic boon, especially in Florida, which has an economy based upon low wage service workers. It also allows small companies, especially start ups, to hire and retain talent they would otherwise lose to more established employers than can offer group insurance.

It has been the public policy success that dare not speak its name

Record enrollment expected - Tampa Bay Times

Really, fewer and fewer? So, more people are uninsured now?

Even after republic attempts at sabotage if the law.

Enjoy fuckup

Just because you have insurance doesn't mean you can afford the co-pays and deductibles.

Enjoy what? I want UHC.

Forum List

Back