NBA Tonight

Yes. Phil had the most dominant big man in the last 2 or 3 decades and the best player to ever lace them up in MJ. He actually should have won more rings than he did.
Who the fuck was that? Bill Cartwright? Will Perdue?

Oh, now I remember. The guy who was Wilt, with no talent.

Yes. Phil had the most dominant big man in the last 2 or 3 decades and the best player to ever lace them up in MJ. He actually should have won more rings than he did.
Who the fuck was that? Bill Cartwright? Will Perdue?

Oh, now I remember. The guy who was Wilt, with no talent.
Shaq had plenty of talent. He was incredibly mobile and an excellent passer. Thats on top of being unstoppable.

From what I understand Red had a team full of all stars every year and the league was not as hard to play in as it is today. Besides I didnt see Red coach.
Oh c'mon, Red had to teach Bill Russell how to play defense.
Who taught Russell how to play D before he got in the NBA? He was blocking a lot of shots when he played in San Francisco.

Better than Phil Jackson?
Better than Red Auerbach?

I can't believe I just said that?
From what I understand Red had a team full of all stars every year and the league was not as hard to play in as it is today. Besides I didnt see Red coach.

The league was much deeper in talent 8-12 teams and they all had at least one star. Today you can't touch a player without a foul, no hand checking...etc. The NBA had enforcers to go out and take a player out.

Watching those Celtic teams run was beautiful basketball.

The league was much deeper in talent 8-12 teams and they all had at least one star. Today you can't touch a player without a foul, no hand checking...etc. The NBA had enforcers to go out and take a player out.

You mean those Piston Bad Boys? Yes that was beautiful. Same with how Chauncey Rip Prince Sheed and Ben played together. We should have won back to back. Fucking 2005 Spurs and

You mean those Piston Bad Boys? Yes that was beautiful. Same with how Chauncey Rip Prince Sheed and Ben played together. We should have won back to back. Fucking 2005 Spurs and

I'd rather watch the Celtics and their fastbreak offense than the grind out Pistons. The Trailblazers in the mid-70's with the Walton gang was the purest basketball I think I ever saw. They run the break to perfection and Lucas would have made mince meat out of the Piston's bad boys.

I saw clips of these times and I'm sorry but they were not talented. Basketball was not meant to be a sport where you are hand checking. It should be body position. Last I heard fouling someone was against the rules. If you have to take someone out then you are admitting you cant stop them legally.

I saw clips of these times and I'm sorry but they were not talented. Basketball was not meant to be a sport where you are hand checking. It should be body position. Last I heard fouling someone was against the rules. If you have to take someone out then you are admitting you cant stop them legally.
Every player gets 5 fouls. Don't cry if/when they use them. Today no one fouls out. Bunch of pussies. No wonder Curry scores so easily.

I have an idea

Lets play shirts against the blouses and afterward I'll make you bitches some pancakes.

Every player gets 5 fouls. Don't cry if/when they use them. Today no one fouls out. Bunch of pussies. No wonder Curry scores so easily.

I have an idea

Lets play shirts against the blouses and afterward I'll make you bitches some pancakes.

Fouls are part of the game. As a shooter I know you cant stop me if you have to resort to a foul. I dont cry. I just laugh at you as I shoot my free throws. :laugh:

Are you saying David Thompson was not as athletic as anyone playing today?

Are you saying David Thompson was not as athletic as anyone playing today?
How many guys in the league today would make DT look like just one of many? DT stood out because not many of the guys had his athleticism. Its kinda like with MJ. Now every team has at least one player that can move like MJ.

How many guys in the league today would make DT look like just one of many? DT stood out because not many of the guys had his athleticism. Its kinda like with MJ. Now every team has at least one player that can move like MJ.
What about Wilt? He was the strongest man to ever play in the NBA. There hasn't been a player before or since, that has had his kind of strength.

Forum List

Back