NBA dress code racist

The ClayTaurus said:
That's the beauty of this country, everyone is an American and also something else.

Yes. Our Diversity Is Our Strength. Do you write bumper stickers? Actually our freedom is our strength, but don't let a little thing like fact get in the way of your propaganda.

GotZoom said:
I began this because of your statement:

I simply stated that they absolutely can be proud of their heritage;

Their American heritage.

Just more excuses to justify their behaviour.

I'm not excusing any behaviour. White people can celebrate being an American and also being Irish, or Italian. Blacks can celebrate being American, but most can not celebrate being Irish or Italian or whatever because they don't know their own heritage. It was erased. So, where white people celebrate their Italian roots, a black person celebrates their black roots, merely because they can't celebrate their Italian roots because they don't know if they are or not.

I guess your saying that, since black country lineage was destroyed, they should just give up on trying to celebrate it? Or that we should all give up celebrating our pre-American heritage?

rtwngAvngr said:
Black identity is a standin in for an african national identity which has been lost. How fucking assinine.

It isn't now, but it's how it was started. It's been completely bastardized today.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. Our Diversity Is Our Strength. Do you write bumper stickers? Actually our freedom is our strength, but don't let a little thing like fact get in the way of your propaganda.

Strength and beauty are two different things. Maybe i should make that a bumper sticker, you'd buy it, right?

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm not excusing any behaviour. White people can celebrate being an American and also being Irish, or Italian. Blacks can celebrate being American, but most can not celebrate being Irish or Italian or whatever because they don't know their own heritage. It was erased. So, where white people celebrate their Italian roots, a black person celebrates their black roots, merely because they can't celebrate their Italian roots because they don't know if they are or not.

I guess your saying that, since black country lineage was destroyed, they should just give up on trying to celebrate it? Or that we should all give up celebrating our pre-American heritage?

So...since black's have no lineage....their celebration of being black is bling, not wanting to do what "whitey" tells them to, and rioting for no good reason?

The ClayTaurus said:
Strength and beauty are two different things. Maybe i should make that a bumper sticker, you'd buy it, right?

No. In the world, beauty is merely a "nice to have". Though they are not the same thing, and your statement is indeed true, it carries no significance for me.

How about this: SHoes and a plane are two different things.

GotZoom said:
So...since black's have no lineage....their celebration of being black is bling, not wanting to do what "whitey" tells them to, and rioting for no good reason?
see:
The ClayTaurus said:
Now, I'll agree that the whole black culture thing is out of control. The argument I made started out as a legimate source of pride of your heritage for blacks. Much like you would be a proud Italian or Irishmen or whatever. But it's been bastardized so much today that the sentiment is lost.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. In the world, beauty is merely a "nice to have". Though they are not the same thing, and your statement is indeed true, it carries no significance for me.

How about this: SHoes and a plane are two different things.

Hey, you're the one that equated the two things. Get mad at yourself.

rtwngAvngr said:
Just give up the notion that it has anything to do with not knowing their country of origin. That's pretty fucking stupid.

You beat me to it.....

I don't know exactly where my ancestors came from; couldn't tell you exact percentage, etc.

Trust me, I'm not wearing a medalion that hangs down to my navel, and I haven't looted a store in my neighborhood either.

rtwngAvngr said:
Where did I equate the two?

In post 101 you quoted my saying diversity is a beauty of America. You replied saying it was our strength, somehow implying that strength and beauty are the same, or that I somehow thought that they were.

GotZoom said:
You beat me to it.....

I don't know exactly where my ancestors came from; couldn't tell you exact percentage, etc.

Trust me, I'm not wearing a medalion that hangs down to my navel, and I haven't looted a store in my neighborhood either.

But the knowledge of your former European heritage is what keeps you from becoming a neonazi right?

rtwngAvngr said:
But the knowledge of your former European heritage is what keeps you from becoming a neonazi right?

If anything, to be proud of my heritage, if I was German, I would probably embrace it.

Maybe I'll join "Prussian Blue."

The ClayTaurus said:
In post 101 you quoted my saying diversity is a beauty of America. You replied saying it was our strength, somehow implying that strength and beauty are the same, or that I somehow thought that they were.

I just generally meant "a good thing" Our diversity isn't our beauty either. What a sad little nitpick.

The ClayTaurus said:
You're not a diversity guy?

Diversity is fine where it occurs naturally. If it must be achieved through civil rights violations against others, it's bad.

rtwngAvngr said:
Diversity is fine where it occurs naturally. If it must be achieved through civil rights violations against others, it's bad.

Well, when I said diversity was a beauty, I wasn't talking about affirmative action. I was talking about being able to go to little italy or little mexico or china town, being able to talk with someone who was raised an entirely different way than you were, listening to a form of music that you've never heard. That sort of thing. Having that kind of diversity, is that a beauty? If not, what is that then?

Forum List

Back