NBA dress code racist

The ClayTaurus said:
I would be hesitant to say one culture is better than another culture. That's not to say that I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be hasty in doing so.

Yes. You would find that difficult, you're still under lefty PC brainwash. Living in dirt, having no infrastructure, not even knowing the concepts of freedom and self determination, not having the wherewithall to unite against dictators and insist on a modicum of freedom MAY be a better way to go.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. You would find that difficult, you're still under lefty PC brainwash. Living in dirt, having no infrastructure, not even knowing the concepts of freedom and self determination, not having the wherewithall to unite against dictators and insist on a modicum of freedom MAY be a better way to go.

I didn't say it was a better way to go. Just a different way to go. Some people like success and the material things we have, the technological advances. Other people love living off the land and being as close to nature or God as possible. There's good in both, there's bad in both. I got no problem with you being proud of your culture and heritage and thinking your way of life is the best and only way to go. Good for you. It's all relative to your definition of "the good life."

The ClayTaurus said:
I didn't say it was a better way to go. Just a different way to go. Some people like success and the material things we have, the technological advances. Other people love living off the land and being as close to nature or God as possible. There's good in both, there's bad in both. I got no problem with you being proud of your culture and heritage and thinking your way of life is the best and only way to go. Good for you. It's all relative to your definition of "the good life."

Then why is the third world always wanting handouts if they simply "chose a different path"?

Typically people try to invent the best technology, and get the most money they can. if being poor and backward is a chosen and preferred culture of some, then it's a culture that has been put on a course for suicide.

Clay, do you believe in the concepts of "primitive" versus "advanced" cultures? Science does.

rtwngAvngr said:
Then why is the third world always wanting handouts if they simply "chose a different path"?

Typically people try to invent the best technology, and get the most money they can. if being poor and backward is a chosen and preferred culture of some, then it's a culture that has been put on a course for suicide.

Some people could have no money and wouldn't consider themselves poor. If it makes you feel better for me to say that you are better than the fly-covered AIDS babies in Africa that we're giving government assisstance to, then fine: You're better than them. Congrats.

rtwngAvngr said:
Clay, do you believe in the concepts of "primitive" versus "advanced" cultures? Science does.

Of course I do, I just don't feel the need to scoff at those I perceive to be less advanced than I.

GotZoom said:
I have said this before, and I will keep saying it.

It's on the parents. They should raise their children with pride - with understanding of what is right and wrong. That the way their children are is a direct reflection of how they are as parents.

I don't care what the media does.

When I was a kid, if I tried to walk outside of the house with something on my parents didn't approve of, they made me change or I couldn't go out.

Problem solved.

My boys will never wear pants that don't fit normal. I used to tease my brother about him wearing the huge pants, halfway down his butt. I would either de-pants him when he wasn't looking, or ask him if he was cross-dressing that day, because these one pair of pants were so big, it looked like he was wearing a floor length skirt. Unfortunately, he didn't grow out of the phase... :rolleyes:

The ClayTaurus said:
Of course I do, I just don't feel the need to scoff at those I perceive to be less advanced than I.

SO you do compare cultures, think some are better, but hide your judgements out of politeness. The world needs your input, man. There are ways of better living. You'd rather say something as assinine as "poverty is preffered" rather than be considered rude?

fuzzykitten99 said:
My boys will never wear pants that don't fit normal. I used to tease my brother about him wearing the huge pants, halfway down his butt. I would either de-pants him when he wasn't looking, or ask him if he was cross-dressing that day, because these one pair of pants were so big, it looked like he was wearing a floor length skirt. Unfortunately, he didn't grow out of the phase... :rolleyes:

I call them "poopie-pants", it always looks like they got a load in their diapers and need a change.

I told my nephew about how the droopy-drawers got started. In prison, the guys that were "wifes" or "owned" wore their pants down with the top of their underwear showing to signify that they were owned so that other people would know that if they raped them without permission they would have to face their owner. It got him to quit showing his undies to the public.

rtwngAvngr said:
SO you do compare cultures, think some are better, but hide your judgements out of politeness. The world needs your input, man. There are ways of better living. You'd rather say something as assinine as "poverty is preffered" rather than be considered rude?

No, I'm confident enough that if my way of life is so great, then others will realize it and aspire for it. I have no desire to travel the globe proclaiming how great I've got it. The whole actions louder than words thing... If someone looks at the way I live and the society I live in and says, fuck it, I want to eat termites, I have no problem with that. Enjoy your termites. Natural selection at it's finest.

no1tovote4 said:
I call them "poopie-pants", it always looks like they got a load in their diapers and need a change.

I told my nephew about how the droopy-drawers got started. In prison, the guys that were "wifes" or "owned" wore their pants down with the top of their underwear showing to signify that they were owned so that other people would know that if they raped them without permission they would have to face their owner. It got him to quit showing his undies to the public.

I always thought the pant-sagging thing was just because they weren't allowed to have belts. Do you have a link to the whole wife thing? I've never heard that and would like to look in to it some, sounds interesting...

The ClayTaurus said:
No, I'm confident enough that if my way of life is so great, then others will realize it and aspire for it.
What about when people of others nations look at it, want it, but are kept from it by old world hierarchies who are afraid of losing the power they have under the old oppressive ways? Let them languish? How selfish.
I have no desire to travel the globe proclaiming how great I've got it. The whole actions louder than words thing... If someone looks at the way I live and the society I live in and says, fuck it, I want to eat termites, I have no problem with that. Enjoy your termites. Natural selection at it's finest.

Once again, poverty and tyranny are rarely chosen, and it's assinine to choose it, and to imply many do KNOWINGLY choose it, is quite foolish. But I guess it gets you out of having to feel guily for standing idly by, or, in the worst case, gets you your payola from the old world powers keeping their inhabitants in slavery with your help.

rtwngAvngr said:
What about when people of others nations look at it, want it, but are kept from it by old world hierarchies who are afraid of losing the power they have under the old oppressive ways? Let them languish? How selfish.

Once again, poverty and tyranny are rarely chosen, and it's assinine to choose it, and to imply many do KNOWINGLY choose it, is quite foolish. But I guess it gets you out of having to feel guily for standing idly by, or, in the worst case, gets you your payola from the old world powers keeping their inhabitants in slavery with your help.

Listen, if you're just going to continue misinterpretting what I'm saying, just let me know and I'll stop. It's not worth my time to debate you and your fantasy of what I'm saying.

The ClayTaurus said:
Listen, if you're just going to continue misinterpretting what I'm saying, just let me know and I'll stop. It's not worth my time to debate you and your fantasy of what I'm saying.

What did I misinterpret? You just assumed people can simply start "living free" if they so choose. You're ignoring the real situation, people are not simply free to choose freedom, except in america. I'll just take your poor performance in the last post to mean you have no convincing rebuttal. Thanks for playing.

Look at this. We were going along so nicely. I told ClayTaurus the world needs his input. Now he knows I have good points, and all the sudden he pretends he can't read anymore and blames me. This is why you suck, claytaurus.

rtwngAvngr said:

I wasn't saying anything about oppression. I don't think I have the right to go in and say to someone. "Hey! You're being oppressed. Sucks doesn't it?" If they don't like their life they can raise hell. If someone is happy being oppressed, then they're happy. They might be happier living as a monk or as a venture capitalist, but it's not my responsibility to go around and make sure everyone's as content as they possibly can be. That's something each person has to decide for themselves. You clearly think otherwise, and that's fine. Good for you. If it helps you sleep at night, you're a better person than I am.

Now, if someone says "I love the American way of life and want help achieving it" then I'm all for helping them out. There's a fine line between taking someone's outstretched hand and grabbing their arm and forcefully outstretching their hand.

I'm not implying that people knowingly choose poverty. Just because an aborigny tribe has no interest in living in apartments or Amish people have no interest in electricity means that they're dumber than we are. Some might be. The majority of them might be. All of them might be. They live their life a different way. You continue to judge their quality of life on your scale, not theirs.

rtwngAvngr said:
Look at this. We were going along so nicely. I told ClayTaurus the world needs his input. Now he knows I have good points, and all the sudden he pretends he can't read anymore and blames me. This is why you suck, claytaurus.

Listen, I'm sorry I don't guard my posts with the ferocity of a dog in heat that hasn't a leg around him to hump. I went to get lunch. Relax.

The ClayTaurus said:
I wasn't saying anything about oppression. I don't think I have the right to go in and say to someone. "Hey! You're being oppressed. Sucks doesn't it?" If they don't like their life they can raise hell. If someone is happy being oppressed, then they're happy. They might be happier living as a monk or as a venture capitalist, but it's not my responsibility to go around and make sure everyone's as content as they possibly can be. That's something each person has to decide for themselves. You clearly think otherwise, and that's fine. Good for you. If it helps you sleep at night, you're a better person than I am.

Now, if someone says "I love the American way of life and want help achieving it" then I'm all for helping them out. There's a fine line between taking someone's outstretched hand and grabbing their arm and forcefully outstretching their hand.

I'm not implying that people knowingly choose poverty. Just because an aborigny tribe has no interest in living in apartments or Amish people have no interest in electricity means that they're dumber than we are. Some might be. The majority of them might be. All of them might be. They live their life a different way. You continue to judge their quality of life on your scale, not theirs.

We were discussing culture, part of culture is the level of oppression within it. You were talking about oppression.

Another problem with old world hierarchies is they have no qualms brainwashing their people to be human bullets with state controlled media, and individuality destroying religions. Then it becomes a security risk for you, ignore it at your peril.

Almost without fail, when advanced culture is available to someone from a more primtive culture, they seek the new technology. They think it's cool. I'm sure you can identify with that. They want the flashlights, stainless steel cookpots, and factory made clothing.

rtwngAvngr said:
Another problem with old world hierarchies is they have no qualms brainwashing their people to be human bullets with state controlled media, and individuality destroying religions. Then it becomes a security risk for you, ignore it at your peril.

Almost without fail, when advanced culture is available to someone from a more primtive culture, they seek the new technology. They think it's cool. I'm sure you can identify with that. They want the flashlights, stainless steel cookpots, and factory made clothing.

I don't disagree with any of that.

The ClayTaurus said:
Chris Webber was on Real Time and Bill Maher immediately went into the whole it's racist thing, and Chris came back and said "I think it's sort of racist when some people think a black man can't wear a suit, or doesn't want to wear a suit."

So, it looks like everyone involved is racist.

I thought that was too funny. Even Spike Lee (whom I can't stand) didn't think it was racist, he said he doesn't like the thug culture. It looked like Bill Maher was disappointed that the topic didn't go as planned.

Forum List

Back