NBA dress code racist

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't disagree with any of that.

But you said you would ignore the cultures of other countries, that it was their business. My bullet point 2 clearly is at odds with that sort of aloof foreign policy.

And I guess we agree that though it's possible some may choose poverty and less technology, the trend through all of observable history proves that is the road less taken. I'm not saying those cultures are "bad",Im saying the assertion that poverty is chosen is highly comprised of bullshit.

Trigg said:
I thought that was too funny. Even Spike Lee (whom I can't stand) didn't think it was racist, he said he doesn't like the thug culture. It looked like Bill Maher was disappointed that the topic didn't go as planned.

Yeah he did. He thought with Spike Lee it'd be a gimme. Not so fast, white boy. I'd say that (besides his idiot monkey audience) he was the only one there who thought it was racist.

Tucker was awfully quiet most of the night, perhaps wanted to avoid any headaches?

Spike didn't waste any time blabbing about New Orlean's conspiracy theories, though...

rtwngAvngr said:
But you said you would ignore the cultures of other countries, that it was their business. My bullet point 2 clearly is at odds with that sort of aloof foreign policy.

And I guess we agree that though it's possible some may choose poverty and less technology, the trend through all of observable history proves that is the road less taken. I'm not saying those cultures are "bad",Im saying the assertion that poverty is chosen is highly comprised of bullshit.

Not ignore, no. I don't see the need to "evangelize" everyone to be "American" in the money-power-goods driven sort of way.

ClayTaurus said ."Whites, on the other hand, can. I can say I'm 25% this and 30% that and have my whole european heritage down pat. And to that extent, there's plenty of celebration of white culture. Italians, french, germans; they all celebrate their culture. But there isn't a collective "white" celebration because we all know where we came from, for the most part."

Now honestly, does anyone here actually know any white person who knows their heritage to this degree?? Most white people in this country have been here for 100-200 years and are so mixed it doesn't even matter anymore. We're Americans. Personnally I know that my family is part German and Nordic, because of last names, but I certainly don't celebrate any of those countries customs and as far as German and Nordic culture its a big ???????.

White Americans should be proud of our race, just like black Americans are proud of theirs. Both races have people in the past who've done great things in this country.

The ClayTaurus said:
Not ignore, no. I don't see the need to "evangelize" everyone to be "American" in the money-power-goods driven sort of way.

Right. Poverty is chosen. Nobody wants to be free or have stuff or be powerful. Are you an old dog? Cuz you need new tricks.

The ClayTaurus said:
Yeah he did. He thought with Spike Lee it'd be a gimme. Not so fast, white boy. I'd say that (besides his idiot monkey audience) he was the only one there who thought it was racist.

Tucker was awfully quiet most of the night, perhaps wanted to avoid any headaches?

Spike didn't waste any time blabbing about New Orlean's conspiracy theories, though...

They need to drop the whole conspiracy theory all ready. I'll have to find the article, but until I do it said.

of the 500 identified bodies 42% were black, 37% were white with the rest race wasn't mentioned. It looks like so far the racial make up of the dead is along the same lines as the racial make up of the city before the hurricane, which makes perfect sense.

found the link http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/24/D8DECEP00.html

Trigg said:
ClayTaurus said ."Whites, on the other hand, can. I can say I'm 25% this and 30% that and have my whole european heritage down pat. And to that extent, there's plenty of celebration of white culture. Italians, french, germans; they all celebrate their culture. But there isn't a collective "white" celebration because we all know where we came from, for the most part."

Now honestly, does anyone here actually know any white person who knows their heritage to this degree?? Most white people in this country have been here for 100-200 years and are so mixed it doesn't even matter anymore. We're Americans. Personnally I know that my family is part German and Nordic, because of last names, but I certainly don't celebrate any of those countries customs and as far as German and Nordic culture its a big ???????.

White Americans should be proud of our race, just like black Americans are proud of theirs. Both races have people in the past who've done great things in this country.

Also - I have never seen Italians, Germans, or the French celebrate "white" culture.

Now, I have seen seem then celebrate their "nationality" - which is something we need to do. If you are American, and I don't care what color or race, but if you are American, celebrate that.

rtwngAvngr said:
Right. Poverty is chosen. Nobody wants to be free or have stuff or be powerful. Are you an old dog? Cuz you need new tricks.

I didn't say that. I didn't say people choose to be in poverty. I didn't say nobody wants stuff or power. Humans are capable of striving for it themselves. You think we should go around flaunting our success in the hopes of global societal improvement.

I don't think flaunting improves anything, except for maybe envy and jealousy.

GotZoom said:
Also - I have never seen Italians, Germans, or the French celebrate "white" culture.

Now, I have seen seem then celebrate their "nationality" - which is something we need to do. If you are American, and I don't care what color or race, but if you are American, celebrate that.

That's nice gotzoom. But the fact is white people are being discriminated against due to their color. We have been negatively defined through the process of assigning victim status to every other race. We should start positively defining ourselves. There's no doubt about it: Political Correctness is gunning for whitey.

GotZoom said:

My point was, we don't celebrate "white" culture because we can celebrate our national culture. I am hypothesizing that, if blacks had any sense of nationality, there would not be such a celebration of "black" culture.

But in general, yes, people should celebrate being American more. My friend looked at me funny for having an American flag up in my apartment.

rtwngAvngr said:
That's nice gotzoom. But the fact is white people are being discriminated against due to their color. We have been negatively defined through the process of assigning victim status to every other race. We should start positively defining ourselves. There's no doubt about it: Political Correctness is gunning for whitey.

Agree 100%.

I'm just waiting for the time when someone turns the tables - shows that "caucasians" are actually the minority (as we are in some states) and demands that "we" be given equal rights - since we are now the minority.

Trigg said:
They need to drop the whole conspiracy theory all ready. I'll have to find the article, but until I do it said.

of the 500 identified bodies 42% were black, 37% were white with the rest race wasn't mentioned. It looks like so far the racial make up of the dead is along the same lines as the racial make up of the city before the hurricane, which makes perfect sense.

found the link http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/24/D8DECEP00.html

Don't you know? It was a bomb. The white-folk had a meeting and collectively decided to bomb the levees to wipe out the poor people. Of course, we keep them in poverty for our capitalistic advantage, so I'm not sure why we'd wipe out an asset... but I'm sure it makes sense to somebody...

The ClayTaurus said:
My point was, we don't celebrate "white" culture because we can celebrate our national culture. I am hypothesizing that, if blacks had any sense of nationality, there would not be such a celebration of "black" culture.

But in general, yes, people should celebrate being American more. My friend looked at me funny for having an American flag up in my apartment.

Blacks in America do have a sense of nationality.

They are Americans.

You sound like you are suggesting that every one in American needs to celebrate their nationality - a nationality that isn't American. Polish, Italian, etc.

Using your argument, the only true Americans - and the only ones allowed to celebrate being American - are the Indians.

GotZoom said:
Blacks in America do have a sense of nationality.

They are Americans.

You sound like you are suggesting that every one in American needs to celebrate their nationality - a nationality that isn't American. Polish, Italian, etc.

Using your argument, the only true Americans - and the only ones allowed to celebrate being American - are the Indians.

You're putting words into my mouth now.

Blacks celebrate black culture because they don't have a national heritage to celebrate. Whites can celebrate their national heritage, hence to collective white culture. All are Americans and should celebrate that culture as well.

I never said anything about people not being able to celebrate their American culture. I didn't say people NEED to celebrate anything. You're completely misinterpretting what I'm saying.

The ClayTaurus said:
You're putting words into my mouth now.

Blacks celebrate black culture because they don't have a national heritage to celebrate. Whites can celebrate their national heritage, hence to collective white culture. All are Americans and should celebrate that culture as well.

I never said anything about people not being able to celebrate their American culture. I didn't say people NEED to celebrate anything. You're completely misinterpretting what I'm saying.

And you are missing my point.

I celebrate my national heritage. I celebrate being an American; not being white.

They should do the same. They are American. That is their heritage.

GotZoom said:
And you are missing my point.

I celebrate my national heritage. I celebrate being an American; not being white.

They should do the same. They are American. That is their heritage.

When I say "don't have a national heritage to celebrate" I mean in addition to their American heritage. That's the beauty of this country, everyone is an American and also something else.

I understood what you were saying the entire time. Everyone is an American. Everyone should celebrate American culture. Do you think that's where it should stop, though? Should we not celebrate German culture in October or other such examples? American culture is heavily based on the combination of many cultures, so to say that we should now put a cap on it and just start celebrating it alone seems a bit... I don't know, against the grain of how the culture started in the first place.

The ClayTaurus said:
When I say "don't have a national heritage to celebrate" I mean in addition to their American heritage. That's the beauty of this country, everyone is an American and also something else.

I understood what you were saying the entire time. Everyone is an American. Everyone should celebrate American culture. Do you think that's where it should stop, though? Should we not celebrate German culture in October or other such examples? American culture is heavily based on the combination of many cultures, so to say that we should now put a cap on it and just start celebrating it alone seems a bit... I don't know, against the grain of how the culture started in the first place.

I began this because of your statement:

The ClayTaurus said:
Black's can't be proud of their heritage because, for most of them, it's a mystery.

I simply stated that they absolutely can be proud of their heritage;

Their American heritage.

Just more excuses to justify their behaviour.

The ClayTaurus said:
I didn't say that. I didn't say people choose to be in poverty. I didn't say nobody wants stuff or power.
Yes. You did. If you didn't then what do you mean by "choosing a different way".
Humans are capable of striving for it themselves.
Not ones who are enslaved.
You think we should go around flaunting our success in the hopes of global societal improvement.

I don't think flaunting improves anything, except for maybe envy and jealousy.

There's no flaunting going on. Our greatness is evident without flaunting.

Black identity is a standin in for an african national identity which has been lost. How fucking assinine.

So, at the million man march, some were there for a lost love of Ghana, or, Ghambia, or Niger, or chad? Here, pull my finger.

Forum List

Back