Navy Seal as a father for some

Im sure the vets who have made this type of sacrafice would not like you to council their children through these types of problems.

You see they love these children even if you dont.

I have no evidence other than the OPs bullshit claims about a SEAL 'father'. I personally don't see why anyone who had a SEAL for a parent would be discussing that parent's personal issues on a public message board.

So, if I believed a work she said, maybe - MAYBE - you would have a point.... however, again, you make up facts to suit your own hatred. Hence you are a septic tank... full of shit.

I love you Caligirl.

thank you for your deep compassion for others.

When are you ever going to get it into that gourd on top of your neck that Caligirl & California Girl are two different posters??

Caligirl

California Girl

Another quick question. Did they use that empty space between your ears to film the space scenes in all of the Star Trek movies??

I served for 10 years. 8 active and 2 inactive in the Marines (infantry). Anyone willing to commit to the Seals and their massive deployment/training scheduel has a rough time taking care of things at home and it can be frustrating if the homefront isnt right. Plus, when your accustomed to life in the military home can look disorganised. Not to mention when your at home no one really gives a crap or understands your service so you keep alot bottled up (this is bad and you need to talk to him about his job and show interest, especially in public conversations. do not solicit for the conversation! he will chose this time). The worst kind of PTSD, of course, is guilt PTSD. It comes from killing those other than combatants even though you really couldent avoid it. This sits on your mind and makes you feel like shit. Let me ask you a question. Does he talk rapidly and make jokes about things that arent really funny?

I haven't talked to him in a year but yes, he's always done that. Why? Just curious as to why you asked.

Because he is trying to keep his mind occupied. He doesent know it but he is. When people often have stuff on their mind that, either they want to forget or want to talk about but is currently off topic, they talk 90 miles per hour and joke about the weirdest things from stupid jokes to morbid humor. If he sneaks things about the military in on the conversations he wants to talk about his service. Civilians will hear him speak and not respond to him and or leave him alone because his stories and jokes are both taylored toward the military and, lets face it, how do you talk to a guy who's seen what he has and lived how he lived? Not too many people can match such a conversation with a related story. This shuts him off from the outside world. A simple conversation among friends back home isnt going to intreige him much. When he hangs around vets though he will talk for hours. It is important that you ask him about his job, training, travel, etc, and let him open up to you. HOWEVER, if you only THINK he has PTSD and do not know for sure, do not assume that he does and do not accuse him of having it! This will piss him off as it did when my crazy sister attempted to do the same thing to me. Also DO NOT assume you know what his life is like because, lets face it, his life is more his service to his country than his family. Thats why military service does not end with the service member. PTSD isnt necessarily a bad thing. In many cases its a condition that you develope to keep yourself alive. But that PTSD that comes from guilt is the worst. Only he can determin that he needs help in this reguard and if he does you or someone else in the family will know it because he will ask for it if they pay attention. Anyway I could go on for hours about this stuff but it is real important that when he is home he doesent run in to alot of stress whether it be bills, the cleanlyness of the house, or people asking him to devote his time to something he doesent want to do. Time with family between deployments and training cycles should be a peacful time for the servicemember. He busts his ass and the last thing he wants is problems when he comes home. Damn I'm rambleing but be advised that I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to speak on these matters. I just know alot of combat vets in combat arms jobs. Most people who have PTSD will refuse to admit to it and most people who admit to it are lieing after they get out for some quick VA money. What does this mean? No one knows how to treat PTSD. But then again, I'm not a doctor.

I always thought he would just ramble and ramble on. I would end up spacing off and pretend I was listening because he would become repetitive with his stories. I just thought it was his personality or his nature. I have never accused him but have got into hell of fights with him. I remember the fights my mom and him would get into. She always begged for him to get help and to stop drinking but he refused and said he didn't have a problem and that she would never understand. I knew not to ever mention because I didn't want to piss him off or hear it. They ended up divorcing and he never remarried or had anymore children.

Thank you for responding and taking the time about to help me better understand situations. Doctor or not, you gave great advice.

I haven't talked to him in a year but yes, he's always done that. Why? Just curious as to why you asked.

Because he is trying to keep his mind occupied. He doesent know it but he is. When people often have stuff on their mind that, either they want to forget or want to talk about but is currently off topic, they talk 90 miles per hour and joke about the weirdest things from stupid jokes to morbid humor. If he sneaks things about the military in on the conversations he wants to talk about his service. Civilians will hear him speak and not respond to him and or leave him alone because his stories and jokes are both taylored toward the military and, lets face it, how do you talk to a guy who's seen what he has and lived how he lived? Not too many people can match such a conversation with a related story. This shuts him off from the outside world. A simple conversation among friends back home isnt going to intreige him much. When he hangs around vets though he will talk for hours. It is important that you ask him about his job, training, travel, etc, and let him open up to you. HOWEVER, if you only THINK he has PTSD and do not know for sure, do not assume that he does and do not accuse him of having it! This will piss him off as it did when my crazy sister attempted to do the same thing to me. Also DO NOT assume you know what his life is like because, lets face it, his life is more his service to his country than his family. Thats why military service does not end with the service member. PTSD isnt necessarily a bad thing. In many cases its a condition that you develope to keep yourself alive. But that PTSD that comes from guilt is the worst. Only he can determin that he needs help in this reguard and if he does you or someone else in the family will know it because he will ask for it if they pay attention. Anyway I could go on for hours about this stuff but it is real important that when he is home he doesent run in to alot of stress whether it be bills, the cleanlyness of the house, or people asking him to devote his time to something he doesent want to do. Time with family between deployments and training cycles should be a peacful time for the servicemember. He busts his ass and the last thing he wants is problems when he comes home. Damn I'm rambleing but be advised that I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to speak on these matters. I just know alot of combat vets in combat arms jobs. Most people who have PTSD will refuse to admit to it and most people who admit to it are lieing after they get out for some quick VA money. What does this mean? No one knows how to treat PTSD. But then again, I'm not a doctor.

I always thought he would just ramble and ramble on. I would end up spacing off and pretend I was listening because he would become repetitive with his stories. I just thought it was his personality or his nature. I have never accused him but have got into hell of fights with him. I remember the fights my mom and him would get into. She always begged for him to get help and to stop drinking but he refused and said he didn't have a problem and that she would never understand. I knew not to ever mention because I didn't want to piss him off or hear it. They ended up divorcing and he never remarried or had anymore children.

Thank you for responding and taking the time about to help me better understand situations. Doctor or not, you gave great advice.

Yeah, the last thing you do to a SEAL is to accuse him of having a problem and tell him that he needs help. You also make life as pleasent as you possible can when he is home because he has enough shit to deal with. Divorce in the military is a common tale. Even I had what I called a "practice wife." Good luck.

I have no evidence other than the OPs bullshit claims about a SEAL 'father'. I personally don't see why anyone who had a SEAL for a parent would be discussing that parent's personal issues on a public message board.

So, if I believed a work she said, maybe - MAYBE - you would have a point.... however, again, you make up facts to suit your own hatred. Hence you are a septic tank... full of shit.

I love you Caligirl.

When are you ever going to get it into that gourd on top of your neck that Caligirl & California Girl are two different posters??

Caligirl

California Girl

Another quick question. Did they use that empty space between your ears to film the space scenes in all of the Star Trek movies??

leave it to you to find the real important part of this thread.

Do you even have a heart?

This girl pours out her heart to you people and this is how you and cali respond?

this is what is most important to you in life?

There is a reason the right cannot connect with the vast majority of the people in this country and elswhere.

It shows right here in this thread.

You are compassionless UNLESS it one of what you consider your own.

How about we keep the politics out of this (on BOTH sides). This is not political; this is about a woman growing up with a father who is a Vietnam vet with PTSD. I've been down that same black hole myself, and that's one of my brothers and his daughter you're talking about. I'd appreciate it if those of you who want to score political points instead of trying to help would stay the hell out of it; this weekend especially.

have you not noticed she is being hammered by the right wing women on here?

I was trying to get them to show a shred of human decency or stay out of the thread.

have you not noticed she is being hammered by the right wing women on here?

I was trying to get them to show a shred of human decency or stay out of the thread.

I noticed, Truth, and I'm disappointed.The comment was not aimed at you. There's a time and place for politics. This isn't one of them.

Thanks , I wish all would realise that Vets love their kids and did not chose to pass this type of pain onto them.

If you love the vets you should help them guide their kids to a better place.

Why not join the Army and see if your crackpot theory pans out? I hope you aren't planning to practice in the psychocology field because you must have skipped the class on anecdotal accounts not being worth a damn. I know a gracious lady who was an Army nurse in Korea. Does that make us even?

WFT are you talking about? How did your deranged mind conclude that I had a problem with Army Nurses? I don't.

I don't have a "theory", I have an opinion like every other asshole in this joint.

I've already done my time in the Army and combat, thank you very much.

I don't think you had a problem with Army nurses son. I think you have a problem with the truth. Anybody who bases an opinion on one observation needs to redo med school.

I think you have a problem with cognition. My opinion is based on more than one observation, knucklehead.

As for redoing Medical School, take it up with the National Medical Board Examiners and my institution. So far, I am good to go.

Another thing, I am not your "son". So go fuck yourself.

I love you Caligirl.

Caligirl

California Girl

leave it to you to find the real important part of this thread.

Do you even have a heart?

This girl pours out her heart to you people and this is how you and cali respond?

this is what is most important to you in life?

There is a reason the right cannot connect with the vast majority of the people in this country and elswhere.

It shows right here in this thread.

You are compassionless UNLESS it one of what you consider your own.

All those words, yet none of them are to apologize to Caligirl for your error in confusing her with another poster.

Why am I not surprised that you won't ever admit to your mistakes?

Forum List

Back