Navy plans to allow same sex marriage on bases.

the Chaplains can ONLY MARRY same sex couples in the States that have legalized same sex marriage....the article states such....

why is everyone ignoring this fact?

Kinda interesting.

What if the couple lives on base?

the only thing the state can do is tax them as single people. B/c I'm fairly certain the Navy can cover anything else.

What if they get married at sea?

And when they are transferred to a base in a different State.......

Or what if they are transfered to another country like Japan or Turkey where gay marriage is not recognized?

Kinda interesting.

the only thing the state can do is tax them as single people. B/c I'm fairly certain the Navy can cover anything else.

Or what if they are transfered to another country like Japan or Turkey where gay marriage is not recognized?

The more I think about this, the less I think this was thought through.

Kinda interesting.

We would then be forced to give them that special treatment that so many claim they are not asking for.

the Chaplains can ONLY MARRY same sex couples in the States that have legalized same sex marriage....the article states such....

Kinda interesting.

Not eligible. They will be married under the Civil Law of the respective State, but it will not be recognized at the Federal Level.

the only thing the state can do is tax them as single people.

Actually if they were to establish residency in a State that recognizes Same-sex Civil Marriage they would be eligible to file an joint return for that State.

B/c I'm fairly certain the Navy can cover anything else.

I'm not sure what this statement means.

I haven't heard of a CO approving request chits for heterosexual couples to get married at sea, I would imagine it would not to be different for homosexuals.

>>>>

Last edited:

We would then be forced to give them that special treatment that so many claim they are not asking for.

Did anybody think about any of this before these rules were changed? a gay couple in a country like Turkey could cause an international incident, not all the countries we have Troops in support gay marriage.

Last edited:

Did anybody think about any of this before these rules were changed? a gay couple in a country Turkey could cause an international incident, not all the countries we have Troops in support gay marriage.
Thankfully, this ridiculous crap has been rightfully shitcanned.

But it appears the Chaplain who sent out the memo, did so with his head firmly planted up his ignorant ass.

First off, there would never be a marriage at sea. Why? Because married couples aren't allowed to serve on the same command. Had a First named Sue who was married to a SCPO. She used to be on NATTC side of the PSD, and her husband worked on the NAS side. When he transferred before her, she was then transferred to NAS side because that's where she wanted to be. So, if a skipper DID marry a couple at sea, they would have to be transferred (one or the other) to a shore command somewhere in the same homeport.

Even had a Data Processor who married a chick on the ship. I had to get him transferred in 24 hours.

As far as does the state or fed rule here? It's the state, because I got the Ship's Chaplain to marry me and my ex. We went to the State courthouse, got the certificate, and he did the ceremony and signed it, and that's how it worked.

As far as gays being allowed to marry in states that already allow it? More power to 'em.

Audie Murphy was an underage volunteer

Bill Clinton was a draft-dodger.

dick chaney dodged the draft three time , bush was AWOL more then that .Clinton admitted he never served . putts

murphy's dead .

Why not stick to the facts?

VP Cheney had 5 deferments.

President Bush was never charged with AWOL

And President Clinton is a self admitted draft dodger.

Do the facts hurt that much?

you want facts lady ? this is typical repig shit , he was never charged LOL like rich guys in for political gain are charged , dad had his butt , he never left the states , and still couldn't stay sober long enough to serve his country .
as I post but you left out is chaney dodged the draft 5 times , yes and clinton said he used deferments , that no more dogging then chaney or any kid that went to collage . your still a bitter old lady .

bottom line if your commander n chief says so, it so . you can whine even threaten like you did when women were aloud to serve in combat with rape.

it gust makes me think the new all volunteer military is not so professional after all .

all thats needed is congressional approval and you will do as your told of leave the military .

Kinda interesting.

i believe, the same sex couple has to take up residency in the state, be citizens of that state for 6 months minimum before they can apply for a marriage license....i think military men on a base keep their origin state residency???

if they are originally from massachusetts and are stationed on a base there, then the same sex couple being married would be able to file their massachusetts income tax return as a married couple, as all other same sex couples married in the state.

the federal gvt does not recognize same sex marriage when it comes to income taxes.

i don't believe they can get married at sea, unless both are citizens of massachusetts or any other state that recognizes same sex marriage.

Who the fuck is this idiot talking to?
I don't know but, it's quite interesting now knowing that Rdean has a brother.

actually I have two brothers one ex marine the other didn't get called , both better men then you .

I don't know how Rdean is but if he gave you shit ? good for him .

I don't know how the military is anymore its been 40 years now . so maybe you bitches can complain , but I'm not use to that , it was different , no rights nothing to say , just do what your told .

so if things are that different then I'm wrong ,
but non whites woman and now gays ? to fucking bad .

I seen enough combat to say fuck anyone that think I don't have a right to talk . if the girls monitoring the board want me goon they have the means I don't have . [/I]

Forum List

Back