NATO: Time To Haul It To The Dump...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
I have to say, i do respect Trump for trying to hold Western European nations accountable for not doing enough to support NATO. He really did stand up for American Taxpayers. And that's very rare these days for a US President to do so. But i'm afraid it'll all be for naught.

The Western Europeans don't seem too interested in paying more for NATO. So why keep this incredibly costly bureaucracy afloat? Why not abolish it and give American Taxpayers a much-deserved break? Western European nations rank among the most wealthy nations on earth. They can pay for their own defense at this point. In my opinion, it's time to ditch NATO and move on.

Here's a good piece on the subject by Jack Perry

Trump went over and scolded NATO member nations who aren’t paying their share into this scam. Okay, two things:

First, then why don’t we do what any other subscription-based company does? Cancel their subscription. Cut off their service, like the utilities would. Better still, let’s cut off our end of that deal. Then they can argue about it amongst themselves.

Second, the reason they’re not paying is because they’d rather spend that money on their own countries. Not some archaic defense alliance put together in the era that also brought us the Hula Hoop. Okay, got that? There are grandparents in NATO nations younger than this alliance. NATO members that do pay are sitting there slapping bumper stickers on tanks that say, “We’re Spending Our Children’s Inheritance”...

Read More:
NATO: Time To Haul It To The Dump - LRC Blog LewRockwell.com

We couldn't save Germany from the Ivans without using tactical nukes and then they'd use them too....which inevitably leads to an ICBM exchange and the destruction of both us and them. And yet Merkel sits on her fat ass refusing to cough up 2% of her GDP to protect her country. We should let her know she can go ahead and overrun France for the third time if she feels like it....they're deadbeats not worth defending either.

I think NATO has served its purpose and should have ended after the fall of the Soviet Union. The EU can defend itself. I believe Eisenhower himself said at the onset of NATO that if American soldiers were still in Europe ten years later, the deal was a failure. It's been around ~65 years now.

We couldn't save Germany from the Ivans without using tactical nukes and then they'd use them too....which inevitably leads to an ICBM exchange and the destruction of both us and them. And yet Merkel sits on her fat ass refusing to cough up 2% of her GDP to protect her country. We should let her know she can go ahead and overrun France for the third time if she feels like it....they're deadbeats not worth defending either.

Western Europeans are very sly folks. They see American Taxpayers as simpleton suckers. They're completely fine with American Taxpayers paying for it. They have the money, but they know Americans are forced to pay for it. So why would they want anything to change? I'm seriously ok with disbanding NATO. It's too expensive and obsolete.

I think NATO has served its purpose and should have ended after the fall of the Soviet Union. The EU can defend itself. I believe Eisenhower himself said at the onset of NATO that if American soldiers were still in Europe ten years later, the deal was a failure. It's been around ~65 years now.

Spot On. Western European nations are among the wealthiest nations on earth. They can pay for their own defense at this point. It is time to move on. Time to disband NATO.

The last use of NATO was the bombing of Libya, which is in Africa not Europe.

Time to shut NATO down and call it a day. .... :cool:

True. NATO is no longer a 'Defensive' entity. It's an aggressor now. It is time to shut it down. Thanks.

True. NATO is no longer a 'Defensive' entity. It's an aggressor now. It is time to shut it down. Thanks.

How so?

Why do you post things that you cannot possibly defend?

NATO is bombing & killing all over the world at this point. It's an aggressor now. That's not what it was set up for. And Western European nations are very wealthy. They can pay for their own defense at this point. I think it's time to give American Taxpayers a much-deserved break. Time to ditch NATO.

How so?

Why do you post things that you cannot possibly defend?

NATO is bombing & killing all over the world at this point. It's an aggressor now. That's not what it was set up for. And Western European nations are very wealthy. They can pay for their own defense at this point. I think it's time to give American Taxpayers a much-deserved break. Time to ditch NATO.

Really? Where?

See! You can't defend your assertions because you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Western Europeans are very sly folks. They see American Taxpayers as simpleton suckers. They're completely fine with American Taxpayers paying for it. They have the money, but they know Americans are forced to pay for it. So why would they want anything to change? I'm seriously ok with disbanding NATO. It's too expensive and obsolete.

Remember after the wall in Berlin came down that there was talk of inviting Russia into NATO? :lol: I agree....if they don't pay up, we don't invoke Article 5...in fact, they owe us BACK RENT and we should demand they pay it.

I have to say, i do respect Trump for trying to hold Western European nations accountable for not doing enough to support NATO. He really did stand up for American Taxpayers. And that's very rare these days for a US President to do so. But i'm afraid it'll all be for naught.

The Western Europeans don't seem too interested in paying more for NATO. So why keep this incredibly costly bureaucracy afloat? Why not abolish it and give American Taxpayers a much-deserved break? Western European nations rank among the most wealthy nations on earth. They can pay for their own defense at this point. In my opinion, it's time to ditch NATO and move on.

Trump went over and scolded NATO member nations who aren’t paying their share into this scam. Okay, two things:

First, then why don’t we do what any other subscription-based company does? Cancel their subscription. Cut off their service, like the utilities would. Better still, let’s cut off our end of that deal. Then they can argue about it amongst themselves.

Second, the reason they’re not paying is because they’d rather spend that money on their own countries. Not some archaic defense alliance put together in the era that also brought us the Hula Hoop. Okay, got that? There are grandparents in NATO nations younger than this alliance. NATO members that do pay are sitting there slapping bumper stickers on tanks that say, “We’re Spending Our Children’s Inheritance”...

Read More:
All I can say is YOU are :cuckoo:

They help us, more than we help them....we use them for our Nation's protection.

Read More:
All I can say is YOU are :cuckoo:

They help us, more than we help them....we use them for our Nation's protection.

NATO is too costly and obsolete. Time to move on. American Taxpayers deserve the break.

your house has never been on fire ... get rid of the fire station.

RW logic ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forum List

Back