National Treasure

Patriot

Rookie
May 7, 2004
Maryland
Basically a good action movie. Sort of an Idiana Jones of the twenty first century. The lines were abnormally good as well. I would give it a thumbs up.

Patriot said:
Basically a good action movie. Sort of an Idiana Jones of the twenty first century. The lines were abnormally good as well. I would give it a thumbs up.
I'll give it 2 thumbs ---just got back from watching it---good plot and funny lines to boot-----If ya don't get caught up in the historical inaccuracies and just relax it's a pleasure!!!!

I saw it while I was on leave and visiting Bozeman, Montana. It was really good.... a movie (PG even) with this kind of positive message for kids (use your brain first before you have to resort to violence, respect and be proud of your nation's history) and storyline should be forgiven the historical inaccuracies...

Finally saw this on dvd. We had been wanting to see it ever since it came out. We thought it was great! Inspires patriotism, great action, funny lines. Although, I always think Nicolas Cage is borderline "fake" when saying his lines. At the beginning, it just seems TOO obvious that he is acting. But, either he grows on you, or he was just having a bad day when they shot the beginning scenes and he actually did better later in the movie, I don't know. Anyway, we thought the movie was very good.

I haven't seen this movie, but I think Nicolas Cage's acting has gotten progressively worse and worse over the past few years. Look at something like Con Air, his southern accent sounds like someone from the north making fun of someone from the south. It's weird, considering he's done some really great movies back in the day (Valley Girl, Leaving Las Vegas), and he's still capable of brilliant performances (2002's Adaptation), I guess he just doesn't know when to say 'no' to a bad script.

This movie is fun to watch if you are a Freemason. First of all, there is no treasure if there were the Founding Fathers would have used it when they needed to during the revolutionary war.

However there was much masonic symbolism in the movie, tons that were unseen in the background and totally unexplained.

There were several questions I had for the people that made the movie. Wouldn't it be the most logical course of action to become a mason if you were looking into masonic history? Why was this man's family specifically not masons?

However, it was a very entertaining movie and I would recommend it to others that are into this type of archeological action flick.

If people want to see some historical things about Templars....boy, what is this hell !

the templars, Freemason ? bwahahahaaaa !

And only about the Templars there is a lot of wrong things.

So I was quite surprised when I saw the beginning. Above all because the french title is " Benjamin Gates and the treasure og the Templars"...so I was waiting for some things with Templars...

But in abstractrion of these things, the movie is a good action movie, with a pretty interestning treasure hunt ...

I watch him with friends in DVD, good moment (but all the same I'm happy to not have pay 6.5 euros to see it in cinema ;) )

So, for me, not the best movie ever made, far from it, but nice movie to have a good moment.

And Diane Kruger is beautiful ;)

Forum List

Back