National Tea Party Leadership Team Accepts President Obama's Invitation

What is hard to understand about a group of people who demonstrated behind the base message of 'government spending going out of control'?

Because they're not protesting spending. They're mostly protesting raising taxes on the rich to pay for the spending. Of course, 99% of the people who are protesting received a tax cut recently. How many of them have been willing to give the money back in protest?

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... sorry Dave... wrong answer.. see Don Pardo for some lovely parting gifts

That is what liberals want you to believe...

the protests were organized and set up for the issue of out of control government spending... and the reality that taxes (all taxes) will have to be raised in order to continue funding out of control spending... and if you would go a little further it would also indicate being against increased debt which would be paid by us in the future and by fuure generations thru taxation of a higher nature

It was NOT, and I REPEAT NOT, about just higher taxation upon the rich

but nice try

What is hard to understand about a group of people who demonstrated behind the base message of 'government spending going out of control'?

Because they're not protesting spending. They're mostly protesting raising taxes on the rich to pay for the spending. Of course, 99% of the people who are protesting received a tax cut recently. How many of them have been willing to give the money back in protest?

were you there? did they tell you that? or did KOs or DU tell you that? DUmmie

When did CNN give you a job ?.............

All I have to say to him is "Mr. President just follow the constitution, thank you."

this all started well before any health care plan, it started with the bailouts and then grew after the stimulus bill and omnibus bills were signed. Health care was not involved, but if he wants to tell all of us teapartiers where he is going to come up with the money for health care after he has told us how he is gonna pay for the stimulus and omnibus bills, I am all for it. Oh, Lets not forget cap and trade, it he can show how this is all gonna work and pay down the debt to a balanced budget instead of a bankrupt budget we should all go for it. Trouble is, I don't think he can.

He can tax all of us at 99 cents on the dollar, that should surely pay for his spending spree. :lol:

I'm protesting the over spending and control over everything in our lives. The control they are giving to the UN. I'm protesting the report from DHS as well.

Bullypulpit, anyone who uses the term 'teabag' to describe the Tea Party movement doesn't get it.

A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take away everything you have. ~ Ford

So, why weren't you protesting over Dubbyuh and the GOP controlled Congress spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors on liberty in Subic City and Barrio Barreto? Were you protesting over illegal domestic spying operations?

I'm protesting the over spending and control over everything in our lives. The control they are giving to the UN. I'm protesting the report from DHS as well.

Bullypulpit, anyone who uses the term 'teabag' to describe the Tea Party movement doesn't get it.

A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take away everything you have. ~ Ford

So, why weren't you protesting over Dubbyuh and the GOP controlled Congress spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors on liberty in Subic City and Barrio Barreto? Were you protesting over illegal domestic spying operations?

Ah... the liberal response and oh so typical as ever

Many of us DID complain and never approved of huge deficit spending... but we did not protest under Bush or Clinton (with his mythical "surplus" that never existed in any fiscal year (and yes the budget is counted in the fiscal year, not the calendar year))... but we did scream from the rafters when Bush started this bailout process.. but Obama has taken this to a whole new level of irrational spending, waste, and government expansion...

Next.. there was not illegal wiretaps... as stated SO MANY fucking times.. name one war where we did not intercept enemy communications and possible enemy communications.. even if possibly involving citizens on 1 end.. and without waiting for a goddamn warrant... we did it with telegraphs in the civil war.. we did it with radio communication in WWII... we did it with courier intercepts in the Revolutionary War and the war of 1812... the list goes on
And please name one case where evidence gathered during an intercept, that did not result in espionage/treason/etc, where some citizen ended up getting charges with anything even as minor as jaywalking...

If Bush and Clinton spent like drunken sailors.. Obama is spending like an entire drunk fucking Navy

are you blind?
:rolleyes:
you must be if you think conservatives werent pissed and bitching about the spending

maybe they'd have had some credibility if they actually complained about it for the last eight years.

but whatever.

I think after 9/11 and everything that has happened since, specifically the crashing of our economy, people are legitimately concerned like never before. Granted, the extremists along with the media have drawn attention to the more controversial elements of their respective political agendas, leveraging their wedge issues once again, but I think it would be wise to not marginalize the average American who truly is feeling fed up and disenfranchised. Most people don't know who to believe or what to believe and they only want to protect the best interest of their families.

Last edited:
I think after 9/11 and everything that has happened since, specifically the crashing of our economy, people are legitimately concerned like never before. Granted, the extremists along with the media have drawn attention to the more controversial elements of their respective political agendas, leveraging their wedge issues once again, but I think it would be wise to not marginalize the average American who truly is feeling fed up and disenfranchised. Most people don't know who to believe or what to believe and they only want to protect the best interest of their families.

I think there are some people, and I know that Angel Heart is one, who genuinely believe in what they are doing. I believe that you also want only what you see as the best.

But I'm afraid that my problem is with the people who are using them for their own purposes.

And frankly, for eight years I was disenfranchised... I waited until finally I was represented again. That's what we're supposed to do here... not talk about secession...and revolution...and all of that because they LOST... heck, I watched the supreme court install a president. Unfortunately, he also happened to be the worst I've seen in my lifetime.

I'll say to them... what they said to me for eight years... and that is, they need to get over it.

And if you want to know if I'm right, look at the people who, although supposedly concerned, don't want to talk to the president so he can hear their concerns and work with them.... since presumably, that's the way to get at least some of what you want.

But no... They're stamping their feet.

maybe they'd have had some credibility if they actually complained about it for the last eight years.

but whatever.

Like sometimes you don't complain right away when a spouse treats you crappy... but when it goes a couple levels about and they smack you, you finally say enough and stand up to it

Above that way of thinking.. many conservatives have always complained about wasteful spending and the size of government.... but as stated before, this is taking it to a whole different HUGE level

Last edited:

I think there are some people, and I know that Angel Heart is one, who genuinely believe in what they are doing. I believe that you also want only what you see as the best.

But I'm afraid that my problem is with the people who are using them for their own purposes.

And frankly, for eight years I was disenfranchised... I waited until finally I was represented again. That's what we're supposed to do here... not talk about secession...and revolution...and all of that because they LOST... heck, I watched the supreme court install a president. Unfortunately, he also happened to be the worst I've seen in my lifetime.

I'll say to them... what they said to me for eight years... and that is, they need to get over it.

And if you want to know if I'm right, look at the people who, although supposedly concerned, don't want to talk to the president so he can hear their concerns and work with them.... since presumably, that's the way to get at least some of what you want.

But no... They're stamping their feet.

I agree with you, Jillian. Those are the extremists I refer to. The reality is we've all been disenfranchised, so lets not miss the forest for the trees here. People taking a stand to have their voices heard is the American way. Most people don't have extremist views and they aren't thinking about politics every day, they're just trying to live their lives and make ends meet. They see trillions of their hard earned dollars go up in smoke and they want to know why? What's wrong with wanting to gather in numbers on the white house lawn on the 4th of July to demonstrate the power of the people?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back