W.H.O. Declares a PANDEMIC- level 5 now

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
the flu is rapidly passing from human to human in 2 or more countries...

press conference is live now...

U.S. Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection
(As of April 29, 2009, 11:00 AM ET)
States

# of laboratory confirmed cases

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 2
Nevada 1
New York 51
Ohio 1
Texas

TOTAL COUNTS 91 cases 1 death
International Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection
See: World Health OrganizationExternal Web Site Policy.

CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Swine Influenza (Flu)

5 out of 6 in levels tells me that they know a little more about this than they are telling the public.

Hub just got home and he is feeling sick. grrrr

5 out of 6 in levels tells me that they know a little more about this than they are telling the public.

Sounds to me like they expect this thing to mushroom to a point that a huge percentage of the population will become infected.

level 5 simply means what y ou said two countries and human to human transmission...everyone just needs to take precautions

I think the phase five is when it's "sustained" human to human transmission, which apparently we've just gone over that threshold. Same situation, just more confirmed cases in more locations, just as they had expected it to evolve.

It gives the WHO more power over Drug companies making flu vaccines and countries have to take other specific steps at their hospitals, at this level 5...

the last scare with the Avian (sp?)Bird Flu, was only rated a 3, even with all the media hype.

She is saying the US Government/medical scientists is helping to make these decisions along with others...sustained human to human contact and community threats made them raise the level....according to models.

Pandemic Imminent is level 5, level 6 is the highest rating.

Sounds to me like they expect this thing to mushroom to a point that a huge percentage of the population will become infected.
without a doubt, hub is sick and we are in Va. He won't go to the doctor to get tested so I told him to stay the FUCK away from me. I'm still dealing with this plureisy...fluid build up in the lining of the lung. No way do I need to get sick now.

Don't worry, Obama is already telling everyone to wash their hands constantly, cover their nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing and not to go out in public if you're sick. So everything will be just peachy .........

Don't worry, Obama is already telling everyone to wash their hands constantly, cover their nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing and not to go out in public if you're sick. So everything will be just peachy .........
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: DOH!

please have a food and water supply...and "paper" stocked in your home emergency kits, and don't forget a supply of your prescriptions.

level 6 is martial law time...

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.
"While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalise the organisation, communication and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short," the document reads.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html

Last edited:

without a doubt, hub is sick and we are in Va. He won't go to the doctor to get tested so I told him to stay the FUCK away from me. I'm still dealing with this plureisy...fluid build up in the lining of the lung. No way do I need to get sick now.

If his fever goes up to 102, just don't wait any longer to get to the doc....those without healthcare are dying....like in mexico, those here can be helped and are living....and for goodness sakes, have him stay AWAY from everyone, including you and your boys! Tamaflu is working, so he probably should call the doc to call in a prescription instead of him galavanting around! :eek:

Care

I think I have swine flue right now.

Of course since the symptoms are basically the same as every other flu, who can say?

U.S. Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection
(As of April 29, 2009, 11:00 AM ET)
States

# of laboratory confirmed cases

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 2
Nevada 1
New York 51
Ohio 1
Texas

TOTAL COUNTS 91 cases 1 death
International Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection
See: World Health OrganizationExternal Web Site Policy.

CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Swine Influenza (Flu)

Data below from this link. Am aware of the network theory of communicable diseases. If the spread of something deadly is not attended to promptly things can really multiply and get out of hand. But what we have now does not seem to be much cause for worry.

FASTSTATS - Leading Causes of Death
Number of deaths for leading causes of death

• Heart disease: 652,091
  • Cancer: 559,312
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 143,579
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 130,933
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 117,809
  • Diabetes: 75,119
  • Alzheimer's disease: 71,599
  • Influenza/Pneumonia: 63,001
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 43,901
  • Septicemia: 34,136

I think I have swine flue right now.

Of course since the symptoms are basically the same as every other flu, who can say?

The lab. If you have a fever and a cough you should get cultured and get some Tamiflu.

If you're not feeling that sick, just stay home and keep yourself hydrated, and don't expose yourself to others.

Interim Guidance for Swine influenza A (H1N1):
Taking Care of a Sick Person in Your Home

April 25, 2009 18:30 ET
This document provides interim guidance and will be updated as needed.

Swine influenza A virus infection (swine flu) can cause a wide range of symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu. People with swine flu also can have vomiting and diarrhea. Like seasonal flu, swine flu in humans can vary in severity from mild to severe.Severe disease with pneumonia, respiratory failure and even death is possible with swine flu infection. Certain groups might be more likely to develop a severe illness from swine flu infection, such as persons with chronic medical conditions. Sometimes bacterial infections may occur at the same time as or after infection with influenza viruses and lead to pneumonias, ear infections, or sinus infections.

The following information can help you provide safer care at home for sick persons during a flu pandemic. CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Interim Guidance for Swine influenza A (H1N1): Taking Care of a Sick Person in Your Home

I FINALLY got the WHO website to load:

Swine influenza - update 5

29 April 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 18:00 GMT, 29 April 2009, nine countries have officially reported 148 cases of swine influenza A/H1N1 infection. The United States Government has reported 91 laboratory confirmed human cases, with one death. Mexico has reported 26 confirmed human cases of infection including seven deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (13), Germany (3), Israel (2), New Zealand (3), Spain (4) and the United Kingdom (5).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_29/en/index.html

Forum List

Back