National Tea Party Leadership Team Accepts President Obama's Invitation

Obama is the most skilled orator of our times...

He is... could'a fooled me...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyW9e5QdWxk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyW9e5QdWxk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

What is hard to understand about a group of people who demonstrated behind the base message of 'government spending going out of control'?

Because they're not protesting spending. They're mostly protesting raising taxes on the rich to pay for the spending. Of course, 99% of the people who are protesting received a tax cut recently. How many of them have been willing to give the money back in protest?

Many people are reacting to these tea parties as if it's all about Obama, but I think the current American sentiment encompasses much more than that. I think most Americans are tired of being called stupid, they're tired of being called racist, and they're mostly just tired of shitty political leadership selling out their best interest for the past couple of decades. I'm glad Obama is willing to meet with the Tea Party leaders, I hope he will respect and understand what is really behind the most sincere concerns of the average citizens.

What is hard to understand about a group of people who demonstrated behind the base message of 'government spending going out of control'?

Because they're not protesting spending. They're mostly protesting raising taxes on the rich to pay for the spending. Of course, 99% of the people who are protesting received a tax cut recently. How many of them have been willing to give the money back in protest?

Many people are reacting to these tea parties as if it's all about Obama, but I think the current American sentiment encompasses much more than that. I think most Americans are tired of being called stupid, they're tired of being called racist, and they're mostly just tired of shitty political leadership selling out their best interest for the past couple of decades. I'm glad Obama is willing to meet with the Tea Party leaders, I hope he will respect and understand what is really behind the most sincere concerns of the average citizens.

I don't think politicians have been selling out the interests of the wealthiest Americans at all over the past years. Obama represents a threat to that, which is why I suspect they organized the tea parties.

You do realize that he said that with complete sarcasm and to basically 'make fun' of them, don't you? There was nothing genuine about his offer whatsoever. In my mind, for him to even lower himself to mention them and their demonstration shows that it bothered him and his fellow Dems much more than everyone thinks. I hope they keep it up.

I don't think politicians have been selling out the interests of the wealthiest Americans at all over the past years. Obama represents a threat to that, which is why I suspect they organized the tea parties.

do you mean obama won't stay bought? i doubt it.

Obama Top Fundraiser on Wall Street - washingtonpost.com

Well, maybe he is. It would be unlike his previous character -- as a Harvard Law magna cum laude and editor of the law review, Obama could have been "bought" and paid top dollar at any wall street firm. He turned that down.

If he was bought by Wall Street, I'd be suprised he'd have been talking about raising taxes on the wealthier Americans and eliminating their loopholes. But maybe that was all a sham and he's in cahoots with them after all. We shall see.

Well, maybe he is. It would be unlike his previous character -- as a Harvard Law magna cum laude and editor of the law review, Obama could have been "bought" and paid top dollar at any wall street firm. He turned that down.

If he was bought by Wall Street, I'd be suprised he'd have been talking about raising taxes on the wealthier Americans and eliminating their loopholes. But maybe that was all a sham and he's in cahoots with them after all. We shall see.

yes, we will. i don't think he's any different than any other pol, rep or dem, right or left. he'll stay bought, imo

Right, they've been selling out the best interest of the working people to corporate lobbyists for decades. Now that everything has come to a head with cost of the war, the devaluation of the dollar, and the deregulation that allowed our financial system to go bust, the average citizens are just realizing the TRILLIONS of dollars of debt that will burden our next generation of citizens...We're being told Social Security will be bankrupt by the time we retire and people are legitimately concerned. Yet some want to pretend these people are upset because of the tax burden of the top 1% ?

Last edited:

isn't that the definition of an honest politician? staying bought, i mean.

to the extent that one doesn't consider "honest politician" an oxymoron, yes.
i never accused obama of being a crook; but he's just no different than your run of the mill pol, imo.

He won&#8217;t meet with the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition.

The fact that the POTUS is saber rattling against his own people speaks volumes though, especially since the majority of the media failed to adequately cover the event and most of those that did, discredited it.

There are a lot of problems with BO meeting with the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition. The biggest of which is: The Nationwide Tea Party Coalition only represents a fraction of the people protesting, hence if they get time with the POTUS other groups will demand time as well.

Our group already wrote a letter to BO pointing out this is a grassroots movement which represents individual citizens that are feed up with politicians that we have sent to Washington do to our bidding, only to ignore the will of the people, for far too long.

As for the Loons that say the protests have only begun since BO took office, their just that; Loons. We&#8217;ve been protesting through email and phone calls to our elected officials for a long time. BO&#8217;s plans to &#8220;remake America&#8221; finally motivated people to get off their collective asses and unite, because our individual voices have gone unheard.

The Tea Party protests neither represent the Republican nor Democratic parties. They represent a segment of true American&#8217;s that have finally said; we&#8217;re mad a hell and we&#8217;re not going to take it anymore. It&#8217;s the same message we send to a King, once upon a time. The Loons understand that though, which is why they, including BO, have taken the path of offense; it&#8217;s the only defense they have.

It amazes me that the President of the United States doesn&#8217;t have an in depth understanding of the will of the people he governs. Perhaps it&#8217;s true that only true American&#8217;s can understand American values.

Last edited:
He won&#8217;t meet with the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition.

The fact that the POTUS is saber rattling against his own people speaks volumes though, especially since the majority of the media failed to adequately cover the event and most of those that did, discredited it.

There are a lot of problems with BO meeting with the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition. The biggest of which is: The Nationwide Tea Party Coalition only represents a fraction of the people protesting, hence if they get time with the POTUS other groups will demand time as well.

Our group already wrote a letter to BO pointing out this is a grassroots movement which represents individual citizens that are fed up with politicians that we have sent to Washington do to our bidding, only to ignore the will of the people, for far too long.

As for the Loons that say the protests have only begun since BO took office, their just that; Loons. We&#8217;ve been protesting through email and phone calls to our elected officials for a long time. BO&#8217;s plans to &#8220;remake America&#8221; finally motivated people to get off their collective asses and unite, because our individual voices have gone unheard.

The Tea Party protests neither represent the Republican nor Democratic parties. They represent a segment of true American&#8217;s that have finally said; we&#8217;re mad a hell and we&#8217;re not going to take it anymore. It&#8217;s the same message we send to a King, once upon a time. The Loons understand that though, which is why they, including BO, have taken the path of offense; it&#8217;s the only defense they have.

It amazes me that the President of the United States doesn&#8217;t have an in depth understanding of the will people he governs. Perhaps it&#8217;s true that only true American&#8217;s can understand American values.

So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't? Got it, NOBama.

He won&#8217;t meet with the nationwide tea party coalition.

The fact that the potus is saber rattling against his own people speaks volumes though, especially since the majority of the media failed to adequately cover the event and most of those that did, discredited it.

There are a lot of problems with bo meeting with the nationwide tea party coalition. the biggest of which is: The nationwide tea party coalition only represents a fraction of the people protesting, hence if they get time with the potus other groups will demand time as well.

Our group already wrote a letter to bo pointing out this is a grassroots movement which represents individual citizens that are fed up with politicians that we have sent to washington do to our bidding, only to ignore the will of the people, for far too long.

As for the loons that say the protests have only begun since bo took office, their just that; loons. We&#8217;ve been protesting through email and phone calls to our elected officials for a long time. Bo&#8217;s plans to &#8220;remake america&#8221; finally motivated people to get off their collective asses and unite, because our individual voices have gone unheard.

The tea party protests neither represent the republican nor democratic parties. They represent a segment of true american&#8217;s that have finally said; we&#8217;re mad a hell and we&#8217;re not going to take it anymore. It&#8217;s the same message we send to a king, once upon a time. The loons understand that though, which is why they, including BO, have taken the path of offense; it&#8217;s the only defense they have.

It amazes me that the president of the united states doesn&#8217;t have an in depth understanding of the will of the people he governs. Perhaps it&#8217;s true that only true american&#8217;s can understand american values.

so he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't? Got it, nobama.
Thanks for proving my point! :lol:

Last edited:
It amazes me that the President of the United States doesn&#8217;t have an in depth understanding of the will of the people he governs. Perhaps it&#8217;s true that only true American&#8217;s can understand American values.

I disagree with the implication that the tea partiers represents the will of the of the people or that they are "truer" Americans. They represent just the will of some people, and apparently a fairly small percentage at that.

I've seen some of what you call "true Americans" say they'd rather see what they call "the fucking country" go bankrupt than pay higher taxes to avoid that. That is not what I'd call "true Americans" or "American values," but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
It amazes me that the President of the United States doesn’t have an in depth understanding of the will of the people he governs. Perhaps it’s true that only true American’s can understand American values.

I disagree with the implication that the tea partiers represents the will of the of the people or that they are "truer" Americans. They represent just the will of some people, and apparently a fairly small percentage at that.

I've seen some of what you call "true Americans" say they'd rather see what they call "the fucking country" go bankrupt than pay higher taxes to avoid that. That is not what I'd call "true Americans" or "American values," but that's just my opinion.

What bothers me is that average citizens with legitimate reason for concern are feeling disenfranchised even further by the extremist elements of the Republican party who are co opting these tea parties and drowning out their voice. It is politically convenient to marginalize their concerns, but I don't think it's in our best interest to do so.

It amazes me that the President of the United States doesn’t have an in depth understanding of the will of the people he governs. Perhaps it’s true that only true American’s can understand American values.

I'd say that given his numbers... and given the precipitous drop in the percentage of Americans who think we're going in the wrong direction, that he has a far better understanding of the "will of the people he governs" than his predecessor.

and the "will of the people" that you're talking about, would never have been pleased with anything he did, anyway. just my opinion.

I'd say that given his numbers... and given the precipitous drop in the percentage of Americans who think we're going in the wrong direction, that he has a far better understanding of the "will of the people he governs" than his predecessor.

and the "will of the people" that you're talking about, would never have been pleased with anything he did, anyway. just my opinion.
except his numbers are dropping

Forum List

Back