NASA's top global warming nut admits warming has stopped for 10 years...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

"Hansen has been particularly critical of the coal industry, stating that coal contributes the largest percentage of anthropogenic carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

During his testimony before the Iowa Utilities Board in 2007, Hansen likened coal trains to "death trains" and asserted that these would be "no less gruesome than if they were boxcars headed to crematoria, loaded with uncountable irreplaceable species."

"Global temperatures are warmer than at any time in at least 4,000 years, scientists reported Thursday, and over the coming decades are likely to surpass levels not seen on the planet since before the last ice age.

Scientists say that if natural factors were still governing the climate, the Northern Hemisphere would probably be destined to freeze over again in several thousand years. “We were on this downward slope, presumably going back toward another ice age,” Dr. Marcott said.

Instead, scientists believe the enormous increase in greenhouse gases caused by industrialization will almost certainly prevent that.

The modern rise that has recreated the temperatures of 5,000 years ago is occurring at an exceedingly rapid clip on a geological time scale, appearing in graphs in the new paper as a sharp vertical spike. If the rise continues apace, early Holocene temperatures are likely to be surpassed within this century, Dr. Marcott said.

Dr. Mann pointed out that the early Holocene temperature increase was almost certainly slow, giving plants and creatures time to adjust. But he said the modern spike would probably threaten the survival of many species, in addition to putting severe stresses on human civilization.

“We and other living things can adapt to slower changes,” Dr. Mann said. “It’s the unprecedented speed with which we’re changing the climate that is so worrisome.”

mad-little-boy.jpg
Mad_Sad_Child.jpg
angry_crying_girl1-300x268.jpg

"An enormous lake that has lain buried under Antarctic ice for millions of years is home to a new kind of bacterial life, Russian scientists claim.

The researchers found evidence for the unidentified organism in water samples brought up from Lake Vostok, the largest subglacial lake on the Antarctic continent.

The Russian team found seven samples of the mystery species in water that had frozen on a drill head used to reach the lake that lies beneath an ice sheet more than two miles (3.5km) thick.

The scientists extracted strands of DNA from the organism, but said the genetic code was never more than an 86% match with any of the species listed in global databanks. Sergey Bulat, a researcher on the team at the Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, said that anything less than a 90% match usually indicated that the organism was unknown.

"We call it unidentified and 'unclassified' life," Bulat told the state news agency, RIA Novosti. "If it were found on Mars, people would call it Martian DNA. But this is DNA from Earth," he added."

Lake-Vostok-research-camp-009.jpg

:eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec]John Carpenter's The Thing trailer (1982) HQ - YouTube[/ame]

:eek: . :eek: . :eek: . :eek: . :eek: . :eek: . :eek:

Last edited:

I've read four books on global warming. One of them was Hansen's book, "Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth About the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity."

It was the least alarmist book of the lot and, hands down, the scariest book of the bunch because he outlined the science of Earth's past, present, and future climate. He didn't use emotional arguments. He just spelled it all out. I even emailed him after reading his book, and to my great surprise, he responded. Consequently, I can ASSURE you that Hansen does NOT believe that global warming has stopped.

You see, the CO2 we put into the air today will continue to warm the planet for at least another 100 years, with much, if not most, of that heat ultimately transferred into the ocean.

Climate Change Expectations. It is relevant to comment on expectations about near-term climate change, especially because it seems likely that solar irradiance observations are in the process of confirming that solar irradiance has weakened modestly over the latest solar cycle. If solar irradiance were the dominant drive of climate change that most global warming contrarians believe, then a global cooling trend might be expected.
On the contrary, however
, the continuing planetary energy imbalance and the rapid increase of CO2 emissions from fossil fuel use assure that global warming will continue on decadal time scales. Moreover, our interpretation of the larger role of unforced variability in temperature change of the past decade, suggests that global temperature will rise significantly in the next few years as the tropics moves inevitably into the next El Nino phase.
The one major wild card in projections of future climate change is the unmeasured climate forcing due to aerosol changes and their effects on clouds. Anecdotal information indicates that particulate air pollution has increased in regions with increasing coal burning, but assessment of the climate forcing requires global measurement of detailed physical properties of the aerosols. The one satellite mission that was capable of making measurements with the required detail and accuracy was lost via a launch failure, and as yet there are no plans for a replacement mission with the needed capabilities.

http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/mailings/2013/20130115_Temperature2012.pdf

I guess you forgot about natural cycles. It's funny how the skeptics/deniers will hammer the proponents with the fact that there are natural cycles, but when faced with a consequence, ignore the implications! Of course, natural cycles may blunt the rise in temps from time to time, but if CO2 keeps going up, so will retained IR radiation, making another upturn in temps inevitable and that much more severe, when the natural cycles reverse themselves. You need to study the science of the theory and not just parrot propaganda from biased sources.

I guess you forgot about natural cycles. It's funny how the skeptics/deniers will hammer the proponents with the fact that there are natural cycles, but when faced with a consequence, ignore the implications! Of course, natural cycles may blunt the rise in temps from time to time, but if CO2 keeps going up, so will retained IR radiation, making another upturn in temps inevitable and that much more severe, when the natural cycles reverse themselves. You need to study the science of the theory and not just parrot propaganda from biased sources.

Natural cycles? Llike how the earth has been warming up since the last ice age naturally? Meaning all this phoney outrage over 'global warming' is hysteria over something that has already happened many times in earth's history, and none of it due to man.

Last edited:

Natural cycles? Llike how the earth has been warming up since the last ice age naturally? Meaning all this phoney outrage over 'global warming' is hysteria over something that has already happened many times in earth's history, and none of it due to man.

Natural cycles that coincide with levels of carbon in the atmosphere. How is it that you just ignore that?

Herein lies the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Please don't confuse the natural cycles of geologic time measured in millions (or at least several hundred thousand) years with the incredibly short time frame of the last 200 or so years since industrialization, when humans have been digging carbon out of the ground at an increasing rate and pumping it into the atmosphere, thereby bypassing (and essentially interfering with) the natural carbon cycle. And keep in mind that we're doing this even as we are engaging in deforestation (a natural carbon sink) and while our population is booming, which only accelerates the process.

Last edited:
I don't believe in man made global warming.

Period. And al gore selling his tv station to al jazeera cemented my opinion even more.

Please don't confuse the natural cycles of geologic time measured in millions (or at least several hundred thousand) years with the incredibly short time frame of the last 200 or so years since industrialization, when humans have been digging carbon out of the ground at an increasing rate and pumping it into the atmosphere, thereby bypassing (and essentially interfering with) the natural carbon cycle. And keep in mind that we're doing this even as we are engaging in deforestation (a natural carbon sink) and while our population is booming, which only accelerates the process.

So you're denying the scientific fact that the earth has been warming up naturally for the last 10,000+ years.

Yes, it is true that the rate of acceleration of the warming has increased in the last 200 years, but that is natural as well. The warming will continue to raise very quickly right up until the next ice age starts.

Its all happened before, and it will happen again. Its nothing to get in a panic over.

So you're denying the scientific fact that the earth has been warming up naturally for the last 10,000+ years.

Yes, it is true that the rate of acceleration of the warming has increased in the last 200 years, but that is natural as well. The warming will continue to raise very quickly right up until the next ice age starts.

Its all happened before, and it will happen again. Its nothing to get in a panic over.

Omg broken record.

vostok-ice-core.jpg

There natural cycles and CARBON LEVELS

NO, you're ignoring the time course. The warming we've been seeing over the last 100 years is unprecedented since the last Ice Age.

Global warming is epic, long-term study says - CNN.com

Period. And al gore selling his tv station to al jazeera cemented my opinion even more.

One has nothing to do with the other. He's just reporting the science, perhaps more forcefully than others, but the facts are undeniable considering the properties of CO2 and the other GHGs. All the deniers have is politics, because they really don't have an answer to or really understand the science. You can argue all day about how much the temperature has actually gone up, but none of that changes the fact that, if there are more GHGs in the atmosphere, more IR will be trapped. It's simple logic that the deniers choose to ignore, preferring to stick their heads in the sand and make fun of Gore.

Belief (or the lack of belief) in ANYTHING doesn't qualify as evidence either way, either for or against it.

Therefore, you are perfectly free to believe whatever you wish. Alas, you will have nobody but yourself to blame if and when you find out you're wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, that's not a problem under most circumstances. I mean, if YOU want to believe in ghosts, or spirits, whatever you want to call it, I don't really care. Now, if you end up spending your family's birthright on gyspy fortune tellers who promise to put you in touch with your dead Pekingese dog, Scruffy, it's STILL none of my concern.

But when people who are busting at the sides with their belief that immunizations are dangerous to THEIR children's health because they've read Internet blogs about some 'possible' connection to autism and end up raising kids susceptible to diseases who are incubators for passing the diseases along to others just because they refused to get their kids inoculated, then I DO have an issue with someone's uninformed ignorant beliefs.

The biggest problem I have with most Global Warming alarmists is that they use it to promote their left wing social/political agenda, which precludes the obvious solution of nuclear power.

Forum List

Back