NASA's top global warming nut admits warming has stopped for 10 years...

I tried very hard to listen to the global warming people, it's 100% pure junk science that they are quite literally making up on the spot. This is not news about the last 10 years not living up to predictions of the GW crowd, and when confronted with it they just keep talking about the future.

The biggest problem I have with most Global Warming alarmists is that they use it to promote their left wing social/political agenda, which precludes the obvious solution of nuclear power.

Yup, that's why under Obama we're building the first nuclear plant in 40 years, dupe.

Natural cycles? Llike how the earth has been warming up since the last ice age naturally? Meaning all this phoney outrage over 'global warming' is hysteria over something that has already happened many times in earth's history, and none of it due to man.

Herein lies the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Please don't confuse the natural cycles of geologic time measured in millions (or at least several hundred thousand) years with the incredibly short time frame of the last 200 or so years since industrialization, when humans have been digging carbon out of the ground at an increasing rate and pumping it into the atmosphere, thereby bypassing (and essentially interfering with) the natural carbon cycle. And keep in mind that we're doing this even as we are engaging in deforestation (a natural carbon sink) and while our population is booming, which only accelerates the process.

So you're denying the scientific fact that the earth has been warming up naturally for the last 10,000+ years.

Yes, it is true that the rate of acceleration of the warming has increased in the last 200 years, but that is natural as well. The warming will continue to raise very quickly right up until the next ice age starts.

Its all happened before, and it will happen again. Its nothing to get in a panic over.

I should have said VERY little knowledge.

Oh, the panic is going to come later. Probably decades from now, actually.

Once we reach the so-called climate 'tipping point,' assuming that we do (and I'm fairly certain we won't do what we need to do to stop it), we almost certainly won't even know it at the time. We could very well not know it for a period of years after the fact. But once it happens, and we know it's happened, there won't be a damn thing we can do to stop the runaway train. There will be no emergency measure that will be able to reverse the trend.

And there are some scary trends to worry about. Increased warming melts the permafrost on large stretches of land in northern Canada and Siberia that have OTHER, more potent greenhouse gases locked within them.

Like methane. Methane doesn't last as long within the atmosphere, but it's about 30 times more potent than CO2. And once the permafrost has melted, the methane will continue to be released as previously frozen dead vegetation continues to decompose.

And maybe, just MAYBE if you're so inclined...if you decide to do just a LITTLE bit of research on a subject you almost certainly know NOTHING about, look up clathrate hydrates or methane clathrate. Look up where they are, why they're locked up, and what would likely happen if they're set free due to increasing warmth and chemical changes. Then get back to everyone to reassure us with your overwhelming level of confidence based on...on...

What was your confidence based on again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane_clathrate

Last edited:
The biggest problem I have with most Global Warming alarmists is that they use it to promote their left wing social/political agenda, which precludes the obvious solution of nuclear power.

Your ignorance is showing. Hansen, as well as other scientists warning of climate change, are firm believers in the need to vastly expand the use of nuclear power. In fact, Hansen promotes the expansion of research on 4th generation nuclear power as the wave of the future.

Last edited:
I tried very hard to listen to the global warming people, it's 100% pure junk science that they are quite literally making up on the spot. This is not news about the last 10 years not living up to predictions of the GW crowd, and when confronted with it they just keep talking about the future.

Your post tells me more about your willingness to parrot propaganda, than anything to do with AGW proponents. Nobody's making anything up on the spot. The IR-absorption properties of CO2 and the other GHGs are well-established scientific FACT.

I guess you forgot about natural cycles. It's funny how the skeptics/deniers will hammer the proponents with the fact that there are natural cycles, but when faced with a consequence, ignore the implications! Of course, natural cycles may blunt the rise in temps from time to time, but if CO2 keeps going up, so will retained IR radiation, making another upturn in temps inevitable and that much more severe, when the natural cycles reverse themselves. You need to study the science of the theory and not just parrot propaganda from biased sources.

The point is, if temperatures aren't going up, then where's your evidence of global warming?

I guess you forgot about natural cycles. It's funny how the skeptics/deniers will hammer the proponents with the fact that there are natural cycles, but when faced with a consequence, ignore the implications! Of course, natural cycles may blunt the rise in temps from time to time, but if CO2 keeps going up, so will retained IR radiation, making another upturn in temps inevitable and that much more severe, when the natural cycles reverse themselves. You need to study the science of the theory and not just parrot propaganda from biased sources.

The point is, if temperatures aren't going up, then where's your evidence of global warming?

If it were a natual cycle due to the variation of the solar cycle, the temperatures should have gone down. It was never a straight line graph. Apparently what this report says is where there should have been a dip, it stayed the same. Their theory is that when/if the sun starts putting out more solar radiation the temperature will go even higher.

CO2 is still going up. You got a problem with logic? Temps go down at night, too. Is that an indicator of an Ice Age? :lol:

I don't believe in man made global warming.

Period. And al gore selling his tv station to al jazeera cemented my opinion even more.

I must deflect. It is unavoidable.

Didn't the author of the above post express a belief that the murders at Sandy Hook are possibly a government conspiracy?

Herein lies the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Please don't confuse the natural cycles of geologic time measured in millions (or at least several hundred thousand) years with the incredibly short time frame of the last 200 or so years since industrialization, when humans have been digging carbon out of the ground at an increasing rate and pumping it into the atmosphere, thereby bypassing (and essentially interfering with) the natural carbon cycle. And keep in mind that we're doing this even as we are engaging in deforestation (a natural carbon sink) and while our population is booming, which only accelerates the process.

So you're denying the scientific fact that the earth has been warming up naturally for the last 10,000+ years.

Yes, it is true that the rate of acceleration of the warming has increased in the last 200 years, but that is natural as well. The warming will continue to raise very quickly right up until the next ice age starts.

Its all happened before, and it will happen again. Its nothing to get in a panic over.

Omg broken record.

vostok-ice-core.jpg

There natural cycles and CARBON LEVELS

Imagine that CO2 levels trailing temperatre, strange. Not really strange at all.

Can anyone who is buying the GW fear tell me what the temperature of the Earth should be? How cold should it be? And has it not been warmer in the past without man doing anything? Why would we want it colder, cold kills?

Just the hottest it's been in 4000 years. I'm sure it's nothing, despite what 100% of non bought off scientists say, dupe.

Wrong, it's not the warmest it's been in 4000 years. It was warmer just 1000 years ago during the Medieval Warm Period.

Imagine that CO2 levels trailing temperatre, strange. Not really strange at all.

Jesus Christ. Just give up folks. Clearly time for the bar.

Why do you think your graphs were not together? I think it was done to deceive. Everyone knows the CO2 concentration lags temperature that is not something that should surprise you. Here is the chart together:

Milankovitch_Cycles_400000.gif

Here is a site that explains why:

Why does CO2 lag temperature

This is not about fear. It is about science.

The following link provides a response to every single claim made by those who deny the science. Not to scare you. Just asking you to use your fucking head.

Please spend a few minutes looking over the site.

Thanks.

Global Warming and Climate Change skepticism examined

I looked over the link, did not find a cite of how warn, or cold, should the Earth be. I suppose they don't suggest we go back into an ice age but where do we stop? I assume the belief is that at one time the Earth was in natural equalibrium and if we stopped all CO2 production the Earth's temperature would go back to where it should be. Should be relative to what? Which of course does not explain the natural fluctuations we have seen in the past.

So the bottom line, what should the temperature of the Earth be? I need to know so I know when I can stop worring about winters that are merely 30 degrees and not 29.

Temperatures are rising faster today than they have at any point since at least the end of the last ice age, about 11,000 years ago, according to a new study.

The finding is based on a global reconstruction of temperature records inferred from ice cores, fossils in ocean sediments and other sources. While previous studies reached similar conclusions, they covered only about 2,000 years. The new reconstruction extends the global record through the Holocene, the most recent geologic epoch.

Source: Warming fastest since dawn of civilization, study shows - Science

You people who deny science are bona fide idiots.

This is not about fear. It is about science.

The following link provides a response to every single claim made by those who deny the science. Not to scare you. Just asking you to use your fucking head.

Please spend a few minutes looking over the site.

Thanks.

Global Warming and Climate Change skepticism examined

I looked over the link, did not find a cite of how warn, or cold, should the Earth be. I suppose they don't suggest we go back into an ice age but where do we stop? I assume the belief is that at one time the Earth was in natural equalibrium and if we stopped all CO2 production the Earth's temperature would go back to where it should be. Should be relative to what? Which of course does not explain the natural fluctuations we have seen in the past.

So the bottom line, what should the temperature of the Earth be? I need to know so I know when I can stop worring about winters that are merely 30 degrees and not 29.

Is your motivation religious in nature? Or is it entirely political?

Forum List

Back