NASA's top global warming nut admits warming has stopped for 10 years...

Imagine that CO2 levels trailing temperatre, strange. Not really strange at all.

Jesus Christ. Just give up folks. Clearly time for the bar.

Why do you think your graphs were not together? I think it was done to deceive. Everyone knows the CO2 concentration lags temperature that is not something that should surprise you. Here is the chart together:

Milankovitch_Cycles_400000.gif

Here is a site that explains why:

Why does CO2 lag temperature

Good I've established a link between CO2 and climate. So now it's obvious that they are intertwined. There are some theories as to why the lag can be explained due to the records being extracted from the antarctic but those are speculative. What isn't speculative are the few instances where CO2 has PRECEDED warming. Including the antarctic. One of those events is in the late pleistocene. THEY ARE INTERTWINED. THEY HAPPEN TOGETHER. Your super biased site only tells half the story.

Here's an article for now from MY biased site:
RealClimate: The lag between temperature and CO2. (Gore?s got it right.)

I read yours now read mine.

When I get back home I'll have more articles to cite I'm doing all this on an iPhone and my friends are annoyed. Actually I can't believe I'm bothering with this right now.

I guess I need to work on finding a better black and white way of explaining to people on this site why pollution and carbon emission cannot be so easily dismissed.

Shit, this whole shooting match will be OVER before there is any appreciable problems from 'climate change'. My 'Sky Fairy' will be here shortly, just you wait and see.

GHG's are a GLOBAL problem, and until you can get China to the table there is NO POINT in cutting off our economy in the vain attempt at saving the planet. That's why the Kyoto Accords were such a waste of time.

Come back and see me when Beijing gets on board.

Herein lies the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Please don't confuse the natural cycles of geologic time measured in millions (or at least several hundred thousand) years with the incredibly short time frame of the last 200 or so years since industrialization, when humans have been digging carbon out of the ground at an increasing rate and pumping it into the atmosphere, thereby bypassing (and essentially interfering with) the natural carbon cycle. And keep in mind that we're doing this even as we are engaging in deforestation (a natural carbon sink) and while our population is booming, which only accelerates the process.

So you're denying the scientific fact that the earth has been warming up naturally for the last 10,000+ years.

Yes, it is true that the rate of acceleration of the warming has increased in the last 200 years, but that is natural as well. The warming will continue to raise very quickly right up until the next ice age starts.

Its all happened before, and it will happen again. Its nothing to get in a panic over.

Omg broken record.

vostok-ice-core.jpg

There natural cycles and CARBON LEVELS

Your own charts show that the cooling periods happen over a long period of time, but the warming periods are very short and sudden. They also show that even when CO2 is at high levels, the earth still goes into an ice age and the rates drop with the temperature.

Thanks for proving my point.

Herein lies the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Please don't confuse the natural cycles of geologic time measured in millions (or at least several hundred thousand) years with the incredibly short time frame of the last 200 or so years since industrialization, when humans have been digging carbon out of the ground at an increasing rate and pumping it into the atmosphere, thereby bypassing (and essentially interfering with) the natural carbon cycle. And keep in mind that we're doing this even as we are engaging in deforestation (a natural carbon sink) and while our population is booming, which only accelerates the process.

So you're denying the scientific fact that the earth has been warming up naturally for the last 10,000+ years.

Yes, it is true that the rate of acceleration of the warming has increased in the last 200 years, but that is natural as well. The warming will continue to raise very quickly right up until the next ice age starts.

Its all happened before, and it will happen again. Its nothing to get in a panic over.

I should have said VERY little knowledge.

Oh, the panic is going to come later. Probably decades from now, actually.

Once we reach the so-called climate 'tipping point,' assuming that we do (and I'm fairly certain we won't do what we need to do to stop it), we almost certainly won't even know it at the time. We could very well not know it for a period of years after the fact. But once it happens, and we know it's happened, there won't be a damn thing we can do to stop the runaway train. There will be no emergency measure that will be able to reverse the trend.

And there are some scary trends to worry about. Increased warming melts the permafrost on large stretches of land in northern Canada and Siberia that have OTHER, more potent greenhouse gases locked within them.

Like methane. Methane doesn't last as long within the atmosphere, but it's about 30 times more potent than CO2. And once the permafrost has melted, the methane will continue to be released as previously frozen dead vegetation continues to decompose.

And maybe, just MAYBE if you're so inclined...if you decide to do just a LITTLE bit of research on a subject you almost certainly know NOTHING about, look up clathrate hydrates or methane clathrate. Look up where they are, why they're locked up, and what would likely happen if they're set free due to increasing warmth and chemical changes. Then get back to everyone to reassure us with your overwhelming level of confidence based on...on...

What was your confidence based on again?

Methane clathrate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe you should do more research. There have been times in Earth's history when there have been NO ice caps or permafrost. And yet the Earth still went into an ice age and did just fine.

WHAT are you people afraid of? Do you think the world is going to end just because the ice caps melt?

Global Warming -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Libs will buy anything... even after their top "scientists" ADMIT it's a hoax...

Hint: It's all about tax and spend!!!

WHAT are you people afraid of? Do you think the world is going to end just because the ice caps melt?

No, I think the sea levels will rise. And they are rising, of course.

And your solution is to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's all political.

No, I think the sea levels will rise. And they are rising, of course.

And your solution is to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's all political.

I have never seen a bunch of easier marks...

Obamanation -

How do you explain the fact that almost every conservative party and conservative government - not to mention every scientific organisation - disagrees with you.

You know, until you extremists forget the politics and look at the science, you will never, ever understand the first thing about this topic.

As soon as you do look seriously as the science, it ceases to be confusing or complex.

It really is that straightforward.

a 40 years vew huh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Please don't be childish. It doesn't help your understanding of the topic at all. I have graphs here going back thousands of years - you'll ignore those just as well as you did the one of the last 40 years.

Last edited:
Obamanation -

How do you explain the fact that almost every conservative party and conservative government - not to mention every scientific organisation - disagrees with you.

You know, until you extremists forget the politics and look at the science, you will never, ever understand the first thing about this topic.

As soon as you do look seriously as the science, it ceases to be confusing or complex.

Yeah -- well you can drink the Kool-Aid if you like but you are just going to look stupid as the earth starts it's cooling process once again --- like EVERY time before.

It's just about control. Of course your lefties were never big on FREEDOM to start with.

Global Warming -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Libs will buy anything... even after their top "scientists" ADMIT it's a hoax...

Hint: It's all about tax and spend!!!

Lie.

You have been lied to and you don't care.

That isn't a lie at all. Your own top global warming scientists admit that global warming has been overly stated, and earth warming trends are as common as earth cooling trends.

Obamanation -

Let's stick to the topic.

How do you explain the fact that almost every conservative party and conservative government - not to mention every scientific organisation - disagrees with you?

Obamanation -

a 40 years vew huh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Please don't be childish. It doesn't help your understanding of the topic at all. I have graphs here going back thousands of years - you'll ignore those just as well as you did the one of the last 40 years.

and they all show the exat same thing. The earth warms followed by the earth cools...

My understanding is just fine. All of the data shows that you have been fooled by people who have an interest in your votes and your money.

Obamanation -

Let's stick to the topic.

How do you explain the fact that almost every conservative party and conservative government - not to mention every scientific organisation - disagrees with you?

Even your 40 year graph shows that the warming trend has peaked and we are now starting to cool.

...and your claims about parties, and governments, and organizations is false too.

and they all show the exat same thing. The earth warms followed by the earth cools...

My understanding is just fine. All of the data shows that you have been fooled by people who have an interest in your votes and your money.

Nonsense.

Look, if you have 0 interest in this topic, fine, but why make up childrens stories?

Rising sea levels have nothing to do with votes and nothing to do with money. It's something you can confirm is happening in 5 minutes on google.

Even your 40 year graph shows that the warming trend has peaked and we are now starting to cool.

...and your claims about parties, and governments, and organizations is false too.

Then why was 2010 the hottest year on record?

Why was 2012 the hottest year in American history?

FR11_All.gif

Jesus wept, man, how can you be this poorly informed?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back