NASA: "Ozone hole now smallest on record"

It ia believed that Antarctic ozone levels will return to 1980 levels by 2070, thanks to the Montreal Protocol.

That's just something they say to the Ozone Hole to make it feel better ... actually, it's been getting fatter and more wrinkled since the day we met it.

At the surface. Arch-li

Sorry hairball...but when you call someone a liar, it is a sure bet that it is you who is lying..

Stratosphere Troposphere Interactions: An Introduction
By K. Mohanakumar

Similarly, O atoms have even shorter lifetimes than ozone. Although they are around for only a fraction of a second, they are constantly being formed by photolysis of O2(slow) and O3 (fast). In our simple Chapman atmosphere, the destruction of O3 results in the creation of an O atom, while the loss of the O atom involves the creation of O3. Hence, the combined number of O and O3 (i.e., odd oxygen) molecules changes very slowly, since they are constantly being swapped. Recalling our definition of odd oxygen, Ox, we have in terms of amounts,

[Ox] = [O] + [O3]
While Ox is useful conceptually, at most stratospheric altitudes the O+O2 reaction is so fast that the [O] concentrations are very small (less than 1 percent of the total odd oxygen), and we can approximate [OX] with [O3].

The overall lifetime of Ox (either as ozone or free oxygen atom) can be computed from our Chapman chemistry. OX has a lifetime of 2 months at about 32 km in the northern middle latitudes during spring. The lifetime of free oxygen at the same altitude is about 4/100ths of a second, while O3 has a lifetime of about 3100 seconds (nearly an hour). At 20 km, the lifetime of O3 is about 4200 seconds, while the lifetime of O is about 1/1000 of a second. This is schematically illustrated in Figure 5.05, which shows the slow steady production of ozone on the left of the figure, and the rapid exchange between O and O3 or the right hand side of the figure.

Sorry hairball...but once again...you are proven wrong...how unsurprising is that?

It ia believed that Antarctic ozone levels will return to 1980 levels by 2070, thanks to the Montreal Protocol.

Still waiting for one of you wack jobs to explain how CFC molecules present in the ozone layer at a concentration of 3 parts per BILLION... are a greater threat than naturally occurring NO molecules which catalyze O3 as aggressively as CFC molecules and are present at a concentration of 3 to 5 parts per MILLION...or natural reactants to O3 which are present at a concentration of 750,000 parts per MILLION..

Still waiting for one of you wack jobs to explain how CFC molecules present in the ozone layer at a concentration of 3 parts per BILLION... are a greater threat than naturally occurring NO molecules which catalyze O3 as aggressively as CFC molecules and are present at a concentration of 3 to 5 parts per MILLION...or natural reactants to O3 which are present at a concentration of 750,000 parts per MILLION..
Nobody pays any mind to your pseudoscientific psychobabble, least of all any credible scientist. So, no need to waste a shred of energy plying your idiotic fetishes with you.

Go publish some research, or shut the fuck up. Very simple, dummy.

Sorry hairball...but when you call someone a liar, it is a sure bet that it is you who is lying..

Did you notice this part, the part that backs me up and says you're just making it all up?

"The overall lifetime of Ox (either as ozone or free oxygen atom) can be computed from our Chapman chemistry. OX has a lifetime of 2 months at about 32 km in the northern middle latitudes during spring"

So I thank you for proving me to be correct. Again. You saved me some time.

You still haven't explained why the ozone layer doesn't vanish every night and during the polar winters, as your theory says would have to happen. The real world says your theory is wrong, so it is wrong. You can have all the meltdowns about reality you want, but reality doesn't care.

The reason O-Zone is greater is the low solar wind output which allows thinning of the polar atmosphere

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, ....

That's right, Billy. The whole world is wrong, and couple of cult crybabies on the internet are the ones who know the real truth.

By the way, what's the name of institution where you supposedly got that Ph.D?

Still waiting for one of you wack jobs to explain how CFC molecules present in the ozone layer at a concentration of 3 parts per BILLION... are a greater threat than naturally occurring NO molecules which catalyze O3 as aggressively as CFC molecules

Too complicated to discuss at length. Here. Read. You could have looked it up yourself, but you're too proud of staying ignorant.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/pdf/10.1098/rstb.2011.0377
---
It is evident that the NOx cycle is dominant in the middle stratosphere, HOx in the upper and lower stratosphere, and ClOx/BrOx in the upper and lower stratosphere
---

So the liberals were proved right again, and the denier kooks say it proves the liberals were wrong.

Deniers just aren't right in the head. Every one of them is a complete 'effin retard, and so very proud of it.
BWhaaaaaaaaa

what a fucking liar you are...

The reason O-Zone is greater is the low solar wind output which allows thinning of the polar atmosphere. In the thinner atmosphere the suns 0.2-0.6um wave lengths are able to create massive amounts of O-Zone and close the hole. And IT HAS!

You are scientifically illiterate and a moron.. Not even the amount of CFC's we were creating causes problems. 2/3 of the world still use R12 and the hole is closed to even a smaller one than we have observed in historical record.

Get a life Liar!
MyMouth is a Woketard, best on ignore.

Nobody pays any mind to your pseudoscientific psychobabble, least of all any credible scientist. So, no need to waste a shred of energy plying your idiotic fetishes with you.

Go publish some research, or shut the fuck up. Very simple, dummy.

You taking lessons from the hairball? Whenever she accuses someone of practically anything, you can bet that she is the one engaged in that activity. You like to claim others are engaged in pseudoscience, and yet, it is me providing actual science to support my claims..you on the other hand only tell us what you believe...

Did you notice this part, the part that backs me up and says you're just making it all up?

"The overall lifetime of Ox (either as ozone or free oxygen atom) can be computed from our Chapman chemistry. OX has a lifetime of 2 months at about 32 km in the northern middle latitudes during spring"

You make the same stupid mistake you made last time I provided you with this data...Ox refers to oxygen in any form...and the lifetime of an O2 molecule, being very stable raises the average lifetime for all forms of O. He goes on to list specific forms of O and give their lifetimes...inconvenient facts that bullshitters like you tend to ignore...here..have a second look...

The lifetime of free oxygen at the same altitude is about 4/100ths of a second, while O3 has a lifetime of about 3100 seconds (nearly an hour). At 20 km, the lifetime of O3 is about 4200 seconds, while the lifetime of O is about 1/1000 of a second.

So I thank you for proving me to be correct. Again. You saved me some time.

You are so rarely right that it would be an occasion if you were...alas, in this instance it is just one more example of you not being able to read science and understand what it says...even when the author gives very specific life spans for O3 molecules

You still haven't explained why the ozone layer doesn't vanish every night and during the polar winters, as your theory says would have to happen. The real world says your theory is wrong, so it is wrong. You can have all the meltdowns about reality you want, but reality doesn't care.

It does thin a great deal over the dark side of the earth..and would disappear entirely after a couple of hours if it were not for very fast wind currents constantly moving air from the light side of the earth to the dark side of the earth.. I didn't make any of this up....but when even the textbooks on the topic say that the lifetime of an O3 molecule is no more than 70 minutes or so...what do you think happens to the ozone layer when there is no incoming sunlight to replenish it as the highly unstable O3 reverts to O2?

[

Too complicated to discuss at length. Here. Read. You could have looked it up yourself, but you're too proud of staying ignorant.

Not complicated at all...a man made reactant present at 3 parts per BILLION...and equally caustic natural reactant present at 3 to 5 parts per MILLION...one might represent an actual danger if the ozone layer weren't constantly replenishing itself...one is a handwaving hysterical alarmist bullshit claim that serves no other purpose than to generate funding...

@www.whosnotwinning.com

NASA: Ozone Hole Is Now The Smallest On Record

This is some funny shit....more fodder that the climate crusaders are full of shit!!!:113::113:

As the years pass in this forum, the l0siNg on the side of the AGW crowd just gets more prolific. More spiking the football for me and my skeptic pals.:2up:
when one can dumb down the masses.

They have been dumbing down since the fed got involved in education...check SAT scores before the fed took over education and after..and note the number of times the SAT has been dumbed down over the years since in an effort to make it appear that kids are getting something like a decent education..

Right, just like you deniers do with anyone who has factual info on this topic.

Never seen you post any factual info on the topic...rarely have ever seen you believers post anything more than opinion pieces from alarmist rags...

Are you saying that you have actual factual info on the topic? I would like to see it? Or did you think you might sound smarter if you just used the phrase "factual info"?

Didn't work since I predict you will be posting no factual info on the topic...as there is none that supports your beliefs..

Idiot deniers like Skooker and SSD: Cite NASA

Same idiots 5 seconds later: "NASA scientists are all liars!"

F***in' morons...

Right, just like you deniers do with anyone who has factual info on this topic.

Everyone and their brother knows about the factual info on this topic.

The only question that matters is....who is caring?

Evidently.....very few!!:flirtysmile4:

Climate crusaders are like football fans that spike the football when their team wins a game.....bringing their record to 1- 15. Nobody cares.

It does thin a great deal over the dark side of the earth..

Evidence?

Oh, never mind, you made that up.

and would disappear entirely after a couple of hours if it were not for very fast wind currents constantly moving air from the light side of the earth to the dark side of the earth.

And yet we see no evidence at all of that. Funny how that always works.

You still haven't explained why the poles aren't completely ozone-depleted in the polar winter. The jet stream, after all, doesn't flow north-south. It can't replenish the polar ozone.

The evidence points out that your theory face-plants hilariously. Once more, planet earth says you're a Stalinist cult imbecile.

Idiot deniers like Skooker and SSD: Cite NASA

Same idiots 5 seconds later: "NASA scientists are all liars!"

F***in' morons...

So that would be a no...you do not, nor have you ever seen any "factual information" on the topic that supports your beliefs.....

That's what I have been saying all along.

Forum List

Back