NASA: "Ozone hole now smallest on record"

It’s amazing. Now the climate change morons will say NASA is wrong and they’ll come up with an excuse. The libtards way. B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you all got bored and didn't read the entire article.

"It’s great news for ozone in the Southern Hemisphere,” said Paul Newman, chief scientist for Earth Sciences at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in a statement on NASA’s website.

“But it’s important to recognize that what we’re seeing this year is due to warmer stratospheric temperatures. It’s not a sign that atmospheric ozone is suddenly on a fast track to recovery.”

Thanks to the valiant efforts to stop producing ChloroFluoroCarbon mist from spray cans that was traveling WAAAAAAY up in the atmosphere boring a YUUUUUUUUGE Hole in the Ozone layer. :ack-1:

"It’s great news for ozone in the Southern Hemisphere,” said Paul Newman, chief scientist for Earth Sciences at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in a statement on NASA’s website.

“But it’s important to recognize that what we’re seeing this year is due to warmer stratospheric temperatures. It’s not a sign that atmospheric ozone is suddenly on a fast track to recovery.”
You religious fanatics sure are committed.

It better then what it was and that’s the important part right now. I’m sure we’ll see NASA come out with a new report in a year and we’ll see where it is then. In NASA’s report the size of the hole shrunk a tremendous amount. We shall see if it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It better then what it was and that’s the important part right now. I’m sure we’ll see NASA come out with a new report in a year and we’ll see where it is then. In NASA’s report the size of the hole shrunk a tremendous amount. We shall see if it stays that way.

What a bunch of gullible horse crap.

There never was an Ozone 'hole', it was just thinner than they had ever seen it and so the thin are was called a 'hole', but it was never a hole at all.

Do you have any idea how Ozone is formed in the upper atmosphere? IT is made by heating regular O2, oxygen, so that it becomes more stable as O3, which is Ozone.

If you could snap your fingers and take away all the Ozone, it would reform in minutes from the heat the sun applies to the upper atmosphere, like the white foam at the top of a wave.

Jeebus, what a bunch of fools.

He's a NASA guy.....of course that's what he's gonna say!! d0y:113:

I'm guessing you all got bored and didn't read the entire ar

ticle.

You religious fanatics sure are committed.

They are indeed committed.....but l0siNg.

At last weeks DUM debate, guess how many times climate change came up during the two hour debate?

Exactly zErO times!:2up::bye1::bye1:

Why?

Because nobody cares, that's why!

:iyfyus.jpg:

*thanks to the efforts of environmentalists.

You're welcome.

What exactly did environmentalist do to cause stratospheric warming? Stratospheric warming is precisely the opposite of what the greenhouse effect predicts will happen in the stratosphere...

What a bunch of gullible horse crap.

There never was an Ozone 'hole', it was just thinner than they had ever seen it and so the thin are was called a 'hole', but it was never a hole at all.

Do you have any idea how Ozone is formed in the upper atmosphere? IT is made by heating regular O2, oxygen, so that it becomes more stable as O3, which is Ozone.

If you could snap your fingers and take away all the Ozone, it would reform in minutes from the heat the sun applies to the upper atmosphere, like the white foam at the top of a wave.

Jeebus, what a bunch of fools.

Waste of time. You are talking to a bunch of people who, no matter how much you talk, or how much physical evidence you provide, will never understand that ozone is a result, not a cause.

Ozone is the result of O2 blocking harmful UV radiation...the high energy radiation breaks the O2 some of which regroups and forms O3.

They will never understand that claiming that CFC's are destroying the ozone layer is like claiming that surfers will destroy the waves at the beach. The waves are the result of the deep ocean becoming shallow...and O3 is the result of high energy solar radiation breaking down and forming O3. No amount of surfing will ever destroy the waves, and no amount of CFC's will ever prevent high energy radiation from the sun from breaking down O2 and forming O3.

Don't bother telling them that an O3 molecule in the atmosphere has a life expectancy of a couple of hundred seconds because they can't see the significance of that either.

Also...don't bother pointing out that CFC's were detected in the ozone layer at a concentration of about 3 parts per BILLION while natural reactants to O3 are present at a concentration of 750 parts per MILLION and NO, a natural catalyst to O3 that is every bit as powerful as CFC molecules is present in the ozone layer at a concentration of about 5 parts per million. They will still believe that CFC's at a concentration of 3 parts per BILLION represent a greater threat than natural reactants present at 750,000 parts per million and natural catalysts present at 5 parts per million.

They won't get that either, nor be able to understand what it means. They are willing.....scratch that...eager dupes who have zero interest in science.

I see that the totally useless UN is taking credit for implementing policy they claim is responsible for the ozone's recovery. We all know that's bullshit because international governing bodies don't work at all. Never did and never will. Eff globalism.

Ozone is the result of O2 blocking harmful UV radiation...the high energy radiation breaks the O2 some of which regroups and forms O3.
I totally agree with your post except for this one thing. It is the O3 that blocks most of the harmful radiation, which allows for Ozone and O2 to come to a rough balancing act as the suns heat creates enough O3 till it no longer can penetrate to make enough to replace the stuff that deteriorates back into O2.

And anyway, I never un derstood how CFCs were supposed to be the cause when they are like 90% used in the Northern Hemisphere.

Wouldnt that cause an ozone 'hole' over the north pole? Or better yet, over Europe and the US?

It is all bullshit so that Dupont/DOW could force everyone over to AC units that use new coolants that Dupont/DOW can still keep a patent for.

I totally agree with your post except for this one thing. It is the O3 that blocks most of the harmful radiation, which allows for Ozone and O2 to come to a rough balancing act as the suns heat creates enough O3 till it no longer can penetrate to make enough to replace the stuff that deteriorates back into O2.

Not exactly correct...it is the very act of breaking O2 into molecular O that dissipates the bulk of the incoming high energy solar radiation. It takes a great deal of energy to break O2 into O3...it is the process of breaking O2 molecules into O molecules which protects us from the bulk of the high energy incoming solar radiation.. O3 does block some incoming solar radiation, but O3 is a very unstable molecule so it doesn't take much energy to break it down. In fact, it is so unstable that in the open atmosphere, the half life of an O3 molecule, even if it isn't broken by incoming solar radiation is less than 300 seconds.

So the liberals were proved right again, and the denier kooks say it proves the liberals were wrong.

Deniers just aren't right in the head. Every one of them is a complete 'effin retard, and so very proud of it.

In fact, it is so unstable that in the open atmosphere, the half life of an O3 molecule, even if it isn't broken by incoming solar radiation is less than 300 seconds.

At the surface. Arch-liar SSDD has been informed of that before, but chooses to lie by omission about it.

According to arch-retard SSDD, the ozone layer should completely vanish every night. It doesn't.

According to arch-retard SSDD, the whole ozone layer should vanish over Antarctica during the long Antarctic winter. It doesn't.

Those are some of the reasons SSDD is classified as an arch-retard, as opposed to a normal-grade retard. The normal-grade retards would be the ones here who fell for his retardation.

So the liberals were proved right again, and the denier kooks say it proves the liberals were wrong.

Deniers just aren't right in the head. Every one of them is a complete 'effin retard, and so very proud of it.
BWhaaaaaaaaa

what a fucking liar you are...

The reason O-Zone is greater is the low solar wind output which allows thinning of the polar atmosphere. In the thinner atmosphere the suns 0.2-0.6um wave lengths are able to create massive amounts of O-Zone and close the hole. And IT HAS!

You are scientifically illiterate and a moron.. Not even the amount of CFC's we were creating causes problems. 2/3 of the world still use R12 and the hole is closed to even a smaller one than we have observed in historical record.

Get a life Liar!

Forum List

Back