Name one animal that you'd like to see go extict

Chiggers. Too small to be important. Only purpose in life is to make me miserable..

But that's the only one.. Not gonna go after anything that doesn't actually exist to make me miserable.

I guess Repubs and Dems have kept me miserable for a couple decades now -- so they better watch out..

I have been on a lifelong crusade to wipe out black widows. Bug spray, spray paint, WD40, hair spray, gasoline, fire, shoe stomping, liquid plastic, alcohol (the kind you drink and the kind that you put in a cut to remember what pain is), a box of praying mantis', vacuum cleaner, water hose. You have something new I'll try it!

They need not go extinct but if they were beaten back to live only in Antarctica as ice spiders that would suit me fine. All living things play a part in whatever ecosystem they in habit. Getting rid of snakes means a boom in the rodent population. Getting rid of spiders mean a boom in spiderless garage space, and a boom in other insects though I don't think insects are in any danger of not booming in population. Spiders are creepy fucks.
I love animals. That's one thing, but let this (black widow) spider hang out last year in my garage because she reminded me of Charlotte's web. Hanging over my my head as you enter. Her web is still there. So, I take back my wish.

I had some boxes stored in a friends garage a while back and went over and got a couple things out of one of the boxes. My friend walks out and says "there's a black widow crawling through your hair". Now, you may think you can move fast but until you find a moment when you actually have to do it you don't really know just how much like the Flash you are. I got the thing off my head instantly and it went to spider heaven instantly. And I know people that have been bitten by one and the horror stories they tell.

Who in hell thought it would be a good idea to give an insect the size of a dime the venom to kill an elephant!? They could kill ten thousand flies with one bite so how did this evolve like it has?

The image or silhouette of a spider is one of those primordial things in our brain, all humans have a natural aversion and fear of spiders, like cats do with snakes. Hence the cucumber thing.

Cats eat snakes. My barn cats do it all the time. People film their cats eating snakes on YouTube.

And.

Looked like you said cats have a natural aversion to snakes. Caught me off guard is all. lol

They do. If it is small enough they'll attack it but otherwise they steer clear.

Name one animal that you'd like to see go extinct: I'll say SNAKES,. I hate the fucking things and I'd cheer if we humans wiped them out.
Wrong. The snakes have a very important role in nature. Take the sidewinder, our native rattlesnake. He is dangerous if you step on him. but is a very shy animal, and not at all aggressive. His primary food is rodents. So he is a plus for us. There is very little in nature that we can eliminate without seeing negative affects. Mosquitoes, my primary hate, because they love me, are pollenizeres. In the Arctic, they are the primary pollenizer. And, as much as I despise the biting little buggers, they are important, and needed.

Name one animal that you'd like to see go extinct: I'll say SNAKES,. I hate the fucking things and I'd cheer if we humans wiped them out.

Snakes are actually beneficial to the environment, unlike mosquito's.
Mosquitoes are pollinators. Therefore, they are beneficial to the environment. And, out of the 3000 or so species of mosquitoes, only 200 are blood suckers. Mr. Phd, I have no instructors in any science stupid enough to say what you just did.

Mosquitoes are pollinators. Therefore, they are beneficial to the environment. And, out of the 3000 or so species of mosquitoes, only 200 are blood suckers. Mr. Phd, I have no instructors in any science stupid enough to say what you just did.

And those 200 species kill millions of people every year, so yeah, they would.

I love animals. That's one thing, but let this (black widow) spider hang out last year in my garage because she reminded me of Charlotte's web. Hanging over my my head as you enter. Her web is still there. So, I take back my wish.

I had some boxes stored in a friends garage a while back and went over and got a couple things out of one of the boxes. My friend walks out and says "there's a black widow crawling through your hair". Now, you may think you can move fast but until you find a moment when you actually have to do it you don't really know just how much like the Flash you are. I got the thing off my head instantly and it went to spider heaven instantly. And I know people that have been bitten by one and the horror stories they tell.

Who in hell thought it would be a good idea to give an insect the size of a dime the venom to kill an elephant!? They could kill ten thousand flies with one bite so how did this evolve like it has?

The image or silhouette of a spider is one of those primordial things in our brain, all humans have a natural aversion and fear of spiders, like cats do with snakes. Hence the cucumber thing.

Cats eat snakes. My barn cats do it all the time. People film their cats eating snakes on YouTube.

And.

Looked like you said cats have a natural aversion to snakes. Caught me off guard is all. lol

They do. If it is small enough they'll attack it but otherwise they steer clear.

OK, well, that's not true, but OK. lol

And.

Well I go by years of experience catching 5-6 foot rattlesnakes in the foothills. Every cat within eyesight wanted no part of them, ever. But I'm sure your experience with small Garter snakes is what one should go by. :rolleyes: It's a thread for fun Capt 'snake wrangler'.

I love all GOD's creatures. I'm sure that they were originally designed with a perfect purpose. Sin really messed everything up royally...

And.

Well I go by years of experience catching 5-6 foot rattlesnakes in the foothills. Every cat within eyesight wanted no part of them, ever. But I'm sure your experience with small Garter snakes is what one should go by. :rolleyes: It's a thread for fun Capt 'snake wrangler'.

So angry over being wrong about something so little. lol Well, that's the anonymous world of forums for ya!

I can only imagine a man of science would have Googled the actual truth instead of insisting that a mere personal anecdote with tamed house cats must be the empirical truth; but hey, this is just a message board after all. :laugh2:

Mosquitos are beneficial...they annoy people :D

Actually...lots of critters eat them...fish, birds, bats....

I wonder what kind of beneficial micro organisms they inject into humans when they bite you.

I wonder what kind of beneficial micro organisms they inject into humans when they bite you.

Based on the millions who die every year from their bites I would say it is minimal.

Forum List

Back