My Trip to A Christmas Story House

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
As requested by toobfreak. I just came back from here a little while ago and it was very crowded for being after Christmas.

Two fun facts I learned: There were actually some scenes filmed on the inside of the house (as well as the outside) and in the scene below, that was the bell for end of filming not the end of recess and Flick was actually screaming and freaking out. It was done as a prank but they kept filming. 🤣 (Poor guy though lol)

IMG_20231229_151729_816.jpg

The old man's car.

IMG_20231229_151629_032.jpg

The firetruck.

IMG_20231229_150752_975.jpg

I can't put my arms down!! 😂

IMG_20231229_150552_601.jpg

IMG_20231229_150431_354.jpg

IMG_20231229_150311_366.jpg

IMG_20231229_150237_747.jpg

IMG_20231229_150220_194.jpg

IMG_20231229_150155_717.jpg

IMG_20231229_150118_547.jpg

IMG_20231229_143538_325.jpg

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

IMG_20231229_143455_873.jpg

IMG_20231229_141856_356.jpg

IMG_20231229_140631_398.jpg

IMG_20231229_140340_531.jpg

As requested by toobfreak. I just came back from here a little while ago and it was very crowded for being after Christmas.

Two fun facts I learned: There were actually some scenes filmed on the inside of the house (as well as the outside) and in the scene below, that was the bell for end of filming not the end of recess and Flick was actually screaming and freaking out. It was done as a prank but they kept filming. 🤣 (Poor guy though lol)

View attachment 880536

The old man's car.

View attachment 880539

The firetruck.

View attachment 880540

I can't put my arms down!! 😂

View attachment 880541

View attachment 880544

View attachment 880545

View attachment 880546

View attachment 880547

View attachment 880548

View attachment 880549

View attachment 880550

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

View attachment 880551

View attachment 880552

View attachment 880553

View attachment 880555

On Christmas Eve , my wife and i drove around the neighborhood looking at how people adorned their houses with lights...And in one window we saw....

Did you know that Fragile..Is french?

1703897313362.png

Wow, that is so cool! Really enjoyed the pics. Ohio is not so far away and who knows, maybe some day I will go see this place. I just watched the movie again this past Christmas Eve. I was mistaken--- I took the film as having been shot in the 50s but it was actually the post-WWII 40s period.

Thanks for the pictures, there is so much more there I had not seen before. I really liked seeing Grover Dill's jacket and cap. A little surprised no one saved the aunt's bunny suit costume though. And those cars! Wow. Amazing to see how nice cars once were before the government got involved and the EPA regulated them down to the tin cans they are now.

Nice to hear they also shot some of the scenes inside the actual house: as a student of TV production, I know this is often not the case. I just wonder where that lamp really came from; apparently from all my research, Fragile is a rather small, little known village deep in South America. :SMILEW~130:

Thanks.

Oh and PS: interesting that some of Flick's pole torment was real. He clearly stuck his tongue to that pole and it was really stuck to it. I'm not sure, I may have already heard that some of that shot in the movie was real (he was really stuck) and that they let it go on longer than necessary for comedic extra effect! Once stuck, you are not getting your tongue free. Of course, all they had to do was pour some hot water down the pipe to melt and free him. Kinda funny though that some of the scenes shot of that the kid really is freaking out because he realizes he really is stuck (and it kind of hurts). :71:

Gracias. :eusa_clap:

• Banned
Wow, that is so cool! Really enjoyed the pics. Ohio is not so far away and who knows, maybe some day I will go see this place. I just watched the movie again this past Christmas Eve. I was mistaken--- I took the film as having been shot in the 50s but it was actually the post-WWII 40s period.

Thanks for the pictures, there is so much more there I had not seen before. I really liked seeing Grover Dill's jacket and cap. A little surprised no one saved the aunt's bunny suit costume though. And those cars! Wow. Amazing to see how nice cars once were before the government got involved and the EPA regulated them down to the tin cans they are now.

Nice to hear they also shot some of the scenes inside the actual house: as a student of TV production, I know this is often not the case. I just wonder where that lamp really came from; apparently from all my research, Fragile is a rather small, little known village deep in South America. :SMILEW~130:

Thanks.

Oh and PS: interesting that some of Flick's pole torment was real. He clearly stuck his tongue to that pole and it was really stuck to it. I'm not sure, I may have already heard that some of that shot in the movie was real (he was really stuck) and that they let it go on longer than necessary for comedic extra effect! Once stuck, you are not getting your tongue free. Of course, all they had to do was pour some hot water down the pipe to melt and free him. Kinda funny though that some of the scenes shot of that the kid really is freaking out because he realizes he really is stuck (and it kind of hurts). :71:

Peter Billingsley has the bunny suit and yeah the tongue was being sucked through a vacuum. I knew that part before the tour today. You're welcome though I enjoyed going back there since I hadn't gone in close to a decade. I got a T-shirt too from the gift shop before I went home. :D

Peter Billingsley has the bunny suit and yeah the tongue was being sucked through a vacuum. I knew that part before the tour today. You're welcome though I enjoyed going back there since I hadn't gone in close to a decade. I got a T-shirt too from the gift shop before I went home. :D
I hope you are feeling better after that trip to nostalgia lane..

Thanks.

ibid

McGavin's cursing in the movie (usually about either the furnace or the neighbor's dogs) was especially good. Really remarkable how he went on cussing a blue streak without ever actually saying a real cuss word!

Now I guess that sooner or later, I will be compelled to see the new movie. I wasn't even aware of it until RR brought it up here, now I guess I will indeed try to see it one of these days.

Frankly, had producers been more proactive, I think they could have spun that movie into a 2-3 season TV series.

McGavin's cursing in the movie (usually about either the furnace or the neighbor's dogs) was especially good. Really remarkable how he went on cussing a blue streak without ever actually saying a real cuss word!

Now I guess that sooner or later, I will be compelled to see the new movie. I wasn't even aware of it until RR brought it up here, now I guess I will indeed try to see it one of these days.

Frankly, had producers been more proactive, I think they could have spun that movie into a 2-3 season TV series.

You're not missing much, the sequel mostly sucked.

Btw, I forgot to mention to you guys that the blue house is the Bumpus' house just in case you weren't aware and obviously you know who the other house belonged to. :D

Forum List

Back