“A Christmas Carol” - Delightful Christmas Story or Vile Attempt to Undermine Capitalism Through Wealth Redistribution?

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
“A Christmas Carol” has always been a bug up my ass. The first time I saw it was in my elementary school, which was run by the government. Then yesterday I was visiting with family and one of the film versions of this Marxist story was being streamed on the television. I commented to a relatively conservative in-law that I consider this holiday tale to be nothing more than leftist propaganda. He did not appreciate my comment. Why? I don’t know.

My initial, and continuing, thought on this film is that all these people in the movie should just leave Ebenezer the fuck alone. Everybody wants something from him. The term “miser” and the like is nothing more than a smear of someone who is exercising prudent financial practices. Moreover, Scrooge’s money is HIS property. Nobody has any fucking business passing judgment on him for what he does with HIS property. Private property ownership is vital to western economic systems, and freedom. The filmmakers are maligning this principle.

In fact, the filmmakers seem to adopt the view that a jihad-like assault on this man is justified because, but-for this man’s prosperity, due to his work, investment, and risk-taking capitalism, the poor people would have money and would not starve. There are obvious problems with this.

First, if you take all the money from all of the rich people in the world, you would feed everybody … for 3-4 days. Then it is gone. Also gone are all the jobs these people’s capital investments could create. Second, the left’s favored, “We ain’t got nuffin cuz you rich honkys are hoarding it all” is a fallacy and depends on the false assumption that wealth is finite. It is not, particularly in a free market capitalist system. You are free to create all the wealth you like in this system. Your only restrictions are your imagination, your work ethic, and your capacity to take risks. As Mr. French told a dead beat in “The Departed”, “This is America. If you can’t make money here then you are a loser!”

Honestly, why is Tiny Tim the problem of Ebenezer? He is not! Maybe Mr. Cratchet should learn some other skill/trade that is in high demand and will, therefore, pay him a higher wage than Scrooge pays him. Fuck Cratchet and his handicap son. Go get another job, ya loser!! These fuckers ultimately want a handout (no so much Cratchet, but his old lady is a total entitlement kunt).

Leave Scrooge alone. Stop acting like he owes anyone but himself anything. And fuck those ghosts too!!

“A Christmas Carol” has always been a bug up my ass. The first time I saw it was in my elementary school, which was run by the government. Then yesterday I was visiting with family and one of the film versions of this Marxist story was being streamed on the television. I commented to a relatively conservative in-law that I consider this holiday tale to be nothing more than leftist propaganda. He did not appreciate my comment. Why? I don’t know.

My initial, and continuing, thought on this film is that all these people in the movie should just leave Ebenezer the fuck alone. Everybody wants something from him. The term “miser” and the like is nothing more than a smear of someone who is exercising prudent financial practices. Moreover, Scrooge’s money is HIS property. Nobody has any fucking business passing judgment on him for what he does with HIS property. Private property ownership is vital to western economic systems, and freedom. The filmmakers are maligning this principle.

In fact, the filmmakers seem to adopt the view that a jihad-like assault on this man is justified because, but-for this man’s prosperity, due to his work, investment, and risk-taking capitalism, the poor people would have money and would not starve. There are obvious problems with this.

First, if you take all the money from Are all of the rich people in the world, you would feed everybody … for 3-4 days. Then it is gone. Also gone are all the jobs these people’s capital investments could create. Second, the left’s favored, “We ain’t got nuffin cuz you rich honkys are hoarding it all” is a fallacy and depends on the false assumption that wealth is finite. It is not, particularly in a free market capitalist system. You are free to create all the wealth you like in this system. Your only restrictions are your imagination, your work ethic, and your capacity to take risks. As Mr. French told a dead beat in “The Departed”, “This is America. If you can’t make money here then you are a loser!”

Honestly, why is Tiny Tim the problem of Ebenezer? He is not! Maybe Mr. Cratchet should learn some other skill/trade that is in high demand and will, therefore, pay him a higher wage than Scrooge pays him. Fuck Cratchet and his handicap son. Go get another job, ya loser!! These fuckers ultimately want a handout (no so much Cratchet, but his old lady is a total entitlement kunt).

Leave Scrooge alone. Stop acting like he owes anyone but himself anything. And fuck those ghosts too!!
Are there no prisons?
Are there no workhouses?

First, if you take all the money from all of the rich people in the world, you would feed everybody … for 3-4 days. Then it is gone. Also gone are all the jobs these people’s capital investments could create. Second, the left’s favored, “We ain’t got nuffin cuz you rich honkys are hoarding it all” is a fallacy and depends on the false assumption that wealth is finite. It is not, particularly in a free market capitalist system. You are free to create all the wealth you like in this system. Your only restrictions are your imagination, your work ethic, and your capacity to take risks. As Mr. French told a dead beat in “The Departed”, “This is America. If you can’t make money here then you are a loser!”

Potter was a criminal, he stole the money. He was a tyrant, not a capitalist. Whoops, wrong story....

Last edited:

wow dude ! defending Skrooge ! NO MATTER HOW COLD IT IS ONLY ONE LUMP OF COAL Cratchet !

1703462338502.png

Go hang out with the Ayn Rand types.

Yes. :laugh2:
Procrustes Stretched

And then they had made love . . .
``Pardon me, miss.''
It was the bald man.

``Yes?''
``My name is Waldo Mudge. What's yours?''
``Stank. Dallas Stank.''
``Stank? The Stank who runs the railroad?''
``The same.''
Dallas proudly threw back her head.

``Hmph!'' Mudge sniffed.
``What do you do for a living, Mr. Mudge?''

``I'm a humanitarian. I live for others. Why do you look at me that
way? I give all my blood to the poor. Organs, too. Right now, I'm nothing
but an empty balloon. Don't look at me like that. Do you want to know
what keeps me alive? My love for mankind---something you would never
understand!''

``You're right, I . . . What's that hissing I hear?''

``Hissing? What? Oh, no!''

Suddenly, Waldo Mudge deflated.

http://www.emba.uvm.edu/~jmwilson/aynrand.pdf

Wonderful story. There is nothing wrong with capitalists being charitable.

My initial, and continuing, thought on this film is that all these people in the movie should just leave Ebenezer the fuck alone. Everybody wants something from him.

You're just a reactionary, contrarian.

You clearly miss the point(s). The story is set in:

Victorian England

Setting is used to tell the story of A Christmas Carol, through which we read about Ebenezer Scrooge's progression from greed to kindness. The story is set in Victorian England, a time that Dickens was critical of throughout his career because of the great inequities between rich and poor.

You're just a reactionary, contrarian.

You clearly miss the point(s). The story is set in:

Victorian England

Setting is used to tell the story of A Christmas Carol, through which we read about Ebenezer Scrooge's progression from greed to kindness. The story is set in Victorian England, a time that Dickens was critical of throughout his career because of the great inequities between rich and poor.
People like Lord Long Rod imagine themselves in the shoes of Scrooge, when in reality they'd most likely be in the shoes of Tiny Tim.

LordLoserLoad reminds me of the people who would go to New Age events and pay people to tell them of their past lives -- all wanting to hear how they were significant historical figures, never the beaten and lonely slaves of servants.

People like Lord Long Rod imagine themselves in the shoes of Scrooge, when in reality they'd most likely be in the shoes of Tiny Tim.

LordLoserLoad reminds me of the people who would go to New Age events and pay people to tell them of their past lives -- all wanting to hear how they were significant historical figures, never the beaten and lonely slaves of servants.
they are always the reincarnation of cleopatra, never the asp.

Typical MAGA. Praise Scrooge and demean Cratchet. The transformation of the once honorable and compassionate rightwing into the heartless Trump cult is no less than amazing.

Typical MAGA. Praise Scrooge and demean Cratchet. The transformation of the once honorable and compassionate rightwing into the heartless Trump cult is no less than amazing.
I picture the orange jesus covered and weighed down with chains and lock boxes in the afterlife. "But you were always a good man of business, Donald."

it is straight out of the new testament book of "atlas shrugged." "greed is good."

Forum List

Back