My opinion on the Jimmy Kimmel tearful address...

Pre-existing condition requirement for health care insurance is a welfare scam. It is getting something for nothing that somebody else has to pay for.

It is like the government telling an insurance company that they have to pay for your house burning down if you sign up when the fire trucks are there. Is is like the filthy government mandating that a life insurance company issue you a policy on your death bed. Is is like a car insurance firm being told that have to issue you a policy covering the losses after you had a wreck.

It is wrong. Very wrong.

No actually its like Government telling you freeloaders to buy insurance before the house catches fires. Its called being a responsible adult.

The filthy ass government needs to stay out of the oppressive business of telling me how to run my life. I need to be responsible for my own well being, not some stupid bureaucrat whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups. I'll be responsible for paying my bills and you be responsible for paying yours. Doesn't that sound a lot more fair than the government taking away my liberty?

Government pre existing conditions mandate in health care insurance is just another form of welfare and it is despicable just like all other welfare.

Good for you, most people can't pay cash for medical care. If you do not have insurance, you should not be allowed to enter an er or ride in an ambulance.

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

Then where are all the millions of illegals going to go have their baby's?

In emergency rooms, thanks to Reagan...and YOU have to pay for it.

Now you want a history lesson...

On Why?

Driving a car is not a necessity. Unlike health care. No one is compelled to give you a car if you need it, but by law you get health care if you need it .

People don't really choose to have a precondition , unlike choosing to be a bad driver .

but by law you get health care if you need it .

I don't...
You never go to the doc?

We have been over this before

Nope...

Not in like 40 years..

It's good to see someone like Kimmel make the point.

I have to say it is really odd to hear many people in a booming proud voice say "this is a Christian nation", and in the next moment say "but if you can't afford a doctor for your child too bad". How exactly is that representing Jesus Christ? "What you do for the least of these my brothers, you do also for me". If you call yourself a Christian you don't get to parse what Jesus said. You only get one choice, follow it.

We all need healthcare at some point .

It's like saying "I've never called the police . Why do I need to pay for them?"

Good for you, most people can't pay cash for medical care.

And that is reason why medical costs are so expensive. Because a third party is footing by the bill.

If you do not have insurance, you should not be allowed to enter an er or ride in an ambulance.

Yeah, I guess everyone should just die because you don't approve of their method of payment. Have very Stalin of you. I happened to pay cash for the ambulance ride I had a few years ago.

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case.

Your insistence that everybody buy it is what is causing the problem.

Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

Because they can pay cash, stupid. You just answered your own question. Why waste money on expensive insurance?

It's like saying "I've never called the police . Why do I need to pay for them?"

The only people advocating not paying for healthcare is the left who thinks it should be "free "

everyone knows that "good" people who do all the "right" things, NEVER suffer from disease or injury.

:uhoh3:

Alabama Representative Mo Brooks made the case for Obamacare to be repealed and replaced, as President Donald Trump hopes to do, in a CNN interview.

Speaking about the proposed “Trumpcare” replacement, Mr Brooks said: “It will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher healthcare costs to contribute more to the insurance pool that helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they’re healthy, they’ve done the things to keep their bodies healthy.

“And right now, those are the people who have done things the right way that are seeing their costs skyrocketing.”

Republican suggests poor people don't deserve healthcare because they haven't led 'good lives'

:rolleyes:

children born with birth defects get the bad health insurance coverage they deserve!

it's the "PRO LIFE" way!

Pre-existing condition requirement for health care insurance is a welfare scam. It is getting something for nothing that somebody else has to pay for.

It is like the government telling an insurance company that they have to pay for your house burning down if you sign up when the fire trucks are there. Is is like the filthy government mandating that a life insurance company issue you a policy on your death bed. Is is like a car insurance firm being told that have to issue you a policy covering the losses after you had a wreck.

It is wrong. Very wrong.

No actually its like Government telling you freeloaders to buy insurance before the house catches fires. Its called being a responsible adult.

The filthy ass government needs to stay out of the oppressive business of telling me how to run my life. I need to be responsible for my own well being, not some stupid bureaucrat whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups. I'll be responsible for paying my bills and you be responsible for paying yours. Doesn't that sound a lot more fair than the government taking away my liberty?

Government pre existing conditions mandate in health care insurance is just another form of welfare and it is despicable just like all other welfare.

Good for you, most people can't pay cash for medical care. If you do not have insurance, you should not be allowed to enter an er or ride in an ambulance.

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

How do you know?

[QUO

Too bad. I think you have a problem with authority, most teens do but grow out of it. Unless your self employed you live by your employers laws, and if you are self employed it means you have lots of bosses. I think you just might be the welfare queen, of you'd have no issue with people buying their own health insurance.

I have a problem with oppressive government that steals the money I make and then gives it away to filthy ass welfare queens. That is slavery and that is wrong.

Democracy can be just as oppressive as any other form of gverment with the greedy 51% finds out that they can use the government to steal from the 49%.

It is too bad that you accept slavery so willingly. You hate liberty, don't you?

View attachment 124339

We have always been insurance poor, we do not want to lose our assets and we are not rich. The thing is I want you to have your own health insurance, I do not want to pay for you but I am willing to give you a subsidy if you need it, I mean come on we subsidize congressmen's health insurance and they have the gold plan but want the Cadillac plan. Those congressmen not only make big bucks but their perks we provide as well.

Do we have a choice in that , nope.
I bet you just love helping to buy their insurance esp when so many are multi millionaires.

The only people advocating not paying for healthcare is the left who thinks it should be "free "

No that's not what "the left" is advocating for. We're advocating for a healthcare system that covers and protects all Americans equally regardless of ability to pay...like our military.

Trying to equate health care and car insurance doesn't work.
These two things have nothing in common.

First I feel for him, and I wholeheartedly agree that no child should die of a preventable medical issue. God Bless him for sharing his story and it's great to hear his son is doing well.

One important point to make, when he states that "noone should be denied treatment because of a precondition". What he doesn't understand, and which many don't understand is that, any of these treatments isn't about some not having money or health insurance, but it's about the COSTS.

He stated that he had a world reknowned surgeon. There is simply no way public healthcare can sustain a system in which anyone and everyone could have such access. It's the way the world works. If you have the means, you have options.

How about excessive competition across state lines to ensure insurance and for people to have more options which will drive prices of insurance and healthcare costs down. I assure you, if I had a condition like his son, I wouldn't be able to afford, nor would my provincial healthcare cover the costs to have the same surgeon he had access to. I would be in no better position than 99.9% of Americans and Canadians for that matter.

Bottom line, it's not a perfect world, so choices for everyone relieve the system of the excessive obligations so that you can provide broad access to as many as possible. Young people won't pay excessively for particular health issues they won't need except in the most extreme cases for another 40-50 years. So why force people to have such coverage when all it does is pad someones pockets?

One final point about health insurance and pre conditions and people worried about premium costs. If you purchase auto insurance, who will get a better premium, someone with 12 accidents in the last 10 years, or someone without an accident the last 30? It's a business model, and as such, there have to be give and takes and reasonable price points based on risk. It HAS to be this way.

[QU

We have always been insurance poor, we do not want to lose our assets and we are not rich. The thing is I want you to have your own health insurance, I do not want to pay for you but I am willing to give you a subsidy if you need it, I mean come on we subsidize congressmen's health insurance and they have the gold plan but want the Cadillac plan. Those congressmen not only make big bucks but their perks we provide as well.

Do we have a choice in that , nope.
I bet you just love helping to buy their insurance esp when so many are multi millionaires.

You told me what you want let me tell you want I want.

I want you to pay your own bills and I will take care of my own. Isn't that fair?

I don't want the government making me do things to cover your lack of responsibility.

That is called liberty.

These lame fucks with their preexisting conditions need to learn to pick themselves up with their coffin straps. lol

Go ahead and take healthcare away from people with pre-existing conditions you rubes. Dems will give it back and much more after their ensuing landslide wins.

Wrong. You already had all those votes last time and your criminal hag got TROUNCED.
Every poll shows overwhelming support for keeping pre-existing conditions being covered. The polls I have seen show 80-87% support.
If you remember, the first GOP plan didn't over pre-existing conditions and only 17% approved of that plan. Thus the plan was never voted on.
===================================================
"The public’s most unanimous and bipartisan support is saved for a proposal to have the federal government require that health insurance companies cover anyone who applies, even if he/she has a pre-existing condition. Overall, eight in ten back the proposal, including 67 percent of Republicans, 80 percent of political independents and 88 percent of Democrats."
Key Findings: Kaiser Health Tracking Poll — September 2009
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/images/03/06/rel4b.-.health.care.pdf
There is just a small fraction of Americans that lack the morality that oppose the continuation of covering pre-existing conditions.

It is wrong. Very wrong.

How do you know?

I was a cab driver for a few months around 2010..

And one of my precious cargos was a newborn baby and her mom

They were illegal.. but I didn't care or even charge them for the ride

Ask me and I will help, take from me.

Well I get pissed off..

Trying to equate health care and car insurance doesn't work.
These two things have nothing in common.

First I feel for him, and I wholeheartedly agree that no child should die of a preventable medical issue. God Bless him for sharing his story and it's great to hear his son is doing well.

One important point to make, when he states that "noone should be denied treatment because of a precondition". What he doesn't understand, and which many don't understand is that, any of these treatments isn't about some not having money or health insurance, but it's about the COSTS.

He stated that he had a world reknowned surgeon. There is simply no way public healthcare can sustain a system in which anyone and everyone could have such access. It's the way the world works. If you have the means, you have options.

How about excessive competition across state lines to ensure insurance and for people to have more options which will drive prices of insurance and healthcare costs down. I assure you, if I had a condition like his son, I wouldn't be able to afford, nor would my provincial healthcare cover the costs to have the same surgeon he had access to. I would be in no better position than 99.9% of Americans and Canadians for that matter.

Bottom line, it's not a perfect world, so choices for everyone relieve the system of the excessive obligations so that you can provide broad access to as many as possible. Young people won't pay excessively for particular health issues they won't need except in the most extreme cases for another 40-50 years. So why force people to have such coverage when all it does is pad someones pockets?

One final point about health insurance and pre conditions and people worried about premium costs. If you purchase auto insurance, who will get a better premium, someone with 12 accidents in the last 10 years, or someone without an accident the last 30? It's a business model, and as such, there have to be give and takes and reasonable price points based on risk. It HAS to be this way.

Of course they do..

You spoon feed us the silly nonsense our car insurance rates would go down..

You just want us to pay for your poor behavior..

Forum List

Back