My opinion on the Jimmy Kimmel tearful address...

[Q

Good for you, most people can't pay cash for medical care. If you do not have insurance, you should not be allowed to enter an er or ride in an ambulance.

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

If you can't pay for your medical bills then that is your problem, not mine. I don't need the filthy ass oppressive government establishing mandates that takes my money by force and then gives it to you. That is a form of slavery that takes away my liberty and the fruits of my labor. You don't support slavery, do you?

Because I am a generous person I may chose to help you if I feel you need help but I sure as hell don't need the government taking my money by force and giving it away to welfare queens who votes en mass for big government assholes to give them what they are too sorry to earn for themselves.

Too bad. I think you have a problem with authority, most teens do but grow out of it. Unless your self employed you live by your employers laws, and if you are self employed it means you have lots of bosses. I think you just might be the welfare queen, of you'd have no issue with people buying their own health insurance.

Since Kimmel was in no mood to tell jokes he should have taken the night off and let them do re-runs.

I did not want to hear his sob story, so I changed the channel.

People do not tune-in to late night comedy to hear sob stories.

They already have enough sob stories of their own.

Kids are born every day fokked up and needing medical attention.

We are lucky that we have great medical care in the USA, just very expensive.

Pre-existing condition requirement for health care insurance is a welfare scam. It is getting something for nothing that somebody else has to pay for.

It is like the government telling an insurance company that they have to pay for your house burning down if you sign up when the fire trucks are there. Is is like the filthy government mandating that a life insurance company issue you a policy on your death bed. Is is like a car insurance firm being told that have to issue you a policy covering the losses after you had a wreck.

It is wrong. Very wrong.

No actually its like Government telling you freeloaders to buy insurance before the house catches fires. Its called being a responsible adult.

telling you ?

Yes, telling you just like the GOP telling you if you miss a few months of no insurance it will cost more. Just like the Government putting a tax on gas, and a mortgage company insisted you have home insurance, just like the gov telling you to pay taxes, we live by a set of laws, if we didn't we'd be chaos.

Once again a liberal only wants freedom of choice for them

[Q

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

I have insurance thank you very much.

I pay into an insurance pool along with other paying customers. I don't need the fitly ass government mandating that other people be allowed into the pool that never paid. That is what pre existing conditions is all about and it is despicable. It is getting something for nothing and it is a form of welfare and it is unfair to the people that have to pay the bills of those that didn't pay in.

That is why when Obamacare established that stupid mandate then the cost of premiums, co payments and deductibles sky rocketed. So that the welfare queens can get their subsidies and their pre considers paid.

I agree that no child should die of a preventable medical issue. But neither should I. I pay taxes and contribute to society in a positive way. Children have paid no taxes, contributed nothing, and for all you know, your kid could grow up to be another Stalin.

[QUO

Too bad. I think you have a problem with authority, most teens do but grow out of it. Unless your self employed you live by your employers laws, and if you are self employed it means you have lots of bosses. I think you just might be the welfare queen, of you'd have no issue with people buying their own health insurance.

I have a problem with oppressive government that steals the money I make and then gives it away to filthy ass welfare queens. That is slavery and that is wrong.

Democracy can be just as oppressive as any other form of gverment with the greedy 51% finds out that they can use the government to steal from the 49%.

It is too bad that you accept slavery so willingly. You hate liberty, don't you?

upload_2017-5-2_12-43-7.png

well, if what he said was true in that an insurance company could deny a newborn care on this by categorizing it as a pre-existing condition, that's just insane. I know insurance companies are fucking ghouls, but give me a break. If mom is insured, she's paying, so little Johnny should be covered. If they'd like to offer a rider to pregnant moms or something to cover the costs of potential birth defects, fine, but just handing people of choice of bankruptcy or burying their newborn, when they've paid for coverage, is simply insane....

"Little Johnny" IS covered. He is covered immediately.

Pre-existing condition requirement for health care insurance is a welfare scam. It is getting something for nothing that somebody else has to pay for.

It is like the government telling an insurance company that they have to pay for your house burning down if you sign up when the fire trucks are there. Is is like the filthy government mandating that a life insurance company issue you a policy on your death bed. Is is like a car insurance firm being told that have to issue you a policy covering the losses after you had a wreck.

It is wrong. Very wrong.

No actually its like Government telling you freeloaders to buy insurance before the house catches fires. Its called being a responsible adult.

The filthy ass government needs to stay out of the oppressive business of telling me how to run my life. I need to be responsible for my own well being, not some stupid bureaucrat whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups. I'll be responsible for paying my bills and you be responsible for paying yours. Doesn't that sound a lot more fair than the government taking away my liberty?

Government pre existing conditions mandate in health care insurance is just another form of welfare and it is despicable just like all other welfare.

Good for you, most people can't pay cash for medical care. If you do not have insurance, you should not be allowed to enter an er or ride in an ambulance.

Then where are all the millions of illegals going to go have their baby's?

California.

well, if what he said was true in that an insurance company could deny a newborn care on this by categorizing it as a pre-existing condition, that's just insane. I know insurance companies are fucking ghouls, but give me a break. If mom is insured, she's paying, so little Johnny should be covered. If they'd like to offer a rider to pregnant moms or something to cover the costs of potential birth defects, fine, but just handing people of choice of bankruptcy or burying their newborn, when they've paid for coverage, is simply insane....

well I'd expect that, although that's not what he seemed to be saying. totally possible, of course, that he didn't know what he was talking about.....

well I'd expect that, although that's not what he seemed to be saying. totally possible, of course, that he didn't know what he was talking about.....

I am an Insurance broker, Johnny was covered even before the ACA.

First I feel for him, and I wholeheartedly agree that no child should die of a preventable medical issue. God Bless him for sharing his story and it's great to hear his son is doing well.

One important point to make, when he states that "noone should be denied treatment because of a precondition". What he doesn't understand, and which many don't understand is that, any of these treatments isn't about some not having money or health insurance, but it's about the COSTS.

He stated that he had a world reknowned surgeon. There is simply no way public healthcare can sustain a system in which anyone and everyone could have such access. It's the way the world works. If you have the means, you have options.

How about excessive competition across state lines to ensure insurance and for people to have more options which will drive prices of insurance and healthcare costs down. I assure you, if I had a condition like his son, I wouldn't be able to afford, nor would my provincial healthcare cover the costs to have the same surgeon he had access to. I would be in no better position than 99.9% of Americans and Canadians for that matter.

Bottom line, it's not a perfect world, so choices for everyone relieve the system of the excessive obligations so that you can provide broad access to as many as possible. Young people won't pay excessively for particular health issues they won't need except in the most extreme cases for another 40-50 years. So why force people to have such coverage when all it does is pad someones pockets?

One final point about health insurance and pre conditions and people worried about premium costs. If you purchase auto insurance, who will get a better premium, someone with 12 accidents in the last 10 years, or someone without an accident the last 30? It's a business model, and as such, there have to be give and takes and reasonable price points based on risk. It HAS to be this way.

The idea or ideology that no solutions exists is their strength. "It HAS to be this way" is ignorant; for some willfully, for others a preexisting condition at birth.

Every person is a preexisting condition. You have a condition or a disease process as we speak, it just has not reared its ugly head yet.

And if I can't hold my own, I'll pass over into the Lord's House....not rot in some welfare hospital.

Kimmel used to be funny when he was on the NFL Sunday shows.....now he's just a homely leftist with a hangover look and lousy writers

Driving a car is not a necessity. Unlike health care. No one is compelled to give you a car if you need it, but by law you get health care if you need it .

People don't really choose to have a precondition , unlike choosing to be a bad driver .

It is wrong. Very wrong.

The filthy ass government needs to stay out of the oppressive business of telling me how to run my life. I need to be responsible for my own well being, not some stupid bureaucrat whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups. I'll be responsible for paying my bills and you be responsible for paying yours. Doesn't that sound a lot more fair than the government taking away my liberty?

Government pre existing conditions mandate in health care insurance is just another form of welfare and it is despicable just like all other welfare.

Then where are all the millions of illegals going to go have their baby's?

In emergency rooms, thanks to Reagan...and YOU have to pay for it.

Driving a car is not a necessity. Unlike health care. No one is compelled to give you a car if you need it, but by law you get health care if you need it .

People don't really choose to have a precondition , unlike choosing to be a bad driver .

but by law you get health care if you need it .

I don't...

Forum List

Back