My opinion on the Jimmy Kimmel tearful address...

We all need healthcare at some point .

It's like saying "I've never called the police . Why do I need to pay for them?"
We all need food and housing too. Why should I pay for my own?

Food is cheap , and housing is on a sliding scale . If someone is in a bad situation we help them with both .

It's not about "free" healthcare . It's about affordable health care.

Have any of you righties known anyone to have cancer !?
I spend much more on food that health care. It's how I stay healthy. But if food is cheaper it's more affordable, you shot your own argument down. Bottom line, I don't care if you come down with cancer or not.

[QUO

I do believe this is an article about preexisting conditions. That baby is going to have ongoing health problems.

A greedy welfare state is one where people do not want to carry insurance and expect everyone else to pick up the dime when they get ill or have an accident.

You are confused Moon Bat.

It is not my responsibility to have insurance so that your rates will be lower. Idiots Like Obama thinks so but that is not the case.

It is my responsibility to get insurance to help pay for my care bills if there is a need. You also have the responsibility. If you don't get insurance then you need to deal with the consequences of making other life choices. It is not my responsibility to provide the insurance for you, which is the case with being forced to accept preexisting condition when you haven't paid in a damn thing or the Obamacare subsidies.

You do not have an entitlement to have your heath care bills to be paid for by somebody else simply because you are alive.

The government needs to stay out of the business of telling people how to run their lives.

Personal responsibility is a difficult thing for you Moon Bats to understand, isn't it?

Let me refer you to my other post. Universal coverage is around the corner so I suggest you get ready.

Nixons Health Insurance Plan of the early 70's- more liberal than the ACA

Can't touch ACA

Because Obama says so.

But we are going to sack that fat a$$ Moochelle's school lunch epic fail

-Geaux

[QU

Let me refer you to my other post. Universal coverage is around the corner so I suggest you get ready.

If you are saying we are going to get fucked with socialized medicine one of these days that will destroy the best health care in the world you may be correct. There are a lot of stupid American that would be idiots and support it. However, that does not make it right.

What is right is Americans taking responsibility to pay their on bills and not being greedy little bastards that exp[ect other people to pay for them.

well, if what he said was true in that an insurance company could deny a newborn care on this by categorizing it as a pre-existing condition, that's just insane. I know insurance companies are fucking ghouls, but give me a break. If mom is insured, she's paying, so little Johnny should be covered. If they'd like to offer a rider to pregnant moms or something to cover the costs of potential birth defects, fine, but just handing people of choice of bankruptcy or burying their newborn, when they've paid for coverage, is simply insane....

"Little Johnny" IS covered. He is covered immediately.

well I'd expect that, although that's not what he seemed to be saying. totally possible, of course, that he didn't know what he was talking about.....

I am an Insurance broker, Johnny was covered even before the ACA.

True if his parents had existing coverage and maybe in California, but if his parents did not have existing coverage and not in California he may have been covered for only the first year of life by whatever state he may live in by Medicaid. After that or later on in life before ACA he could not get an individual policy because of pre x.

My context was assuming that the parents had existing insurance.

well, if what he said was true in that an insurance company could deny a newborn care on this by categorizing it as a pre-existing condition, that's just insane. I know insurance companies are fucking ghouls, but give me a break. If mom is insured, she's paying, so little Johnny should be covered. If they'd like to offer a rider to pregnant moms or something to cover the costs of potential birth defects, fine, but just handing people of choice of bankruptcy or burying their newborn, when they've paid for coverage, is simply insane....

"Little Johnny" IS covered. He is covered immediately.

well I'd expect that, although that's not what he seemed to be saying. totally possible, of course, that he didn't know what he was talking about.....

I am an Insurance broker, Johnny was covered even before the ACA.

True if his parents had existing coverage and maybe in California, but if his parents did not have existing coverage and not in California he may have been covered for only the first year of life by whatever state he may live in by Medicaid. After that or later on in life before ACA he could not get an individual policy because of pre x.

My context was assuming that the parents had existing insurance.

I figured that is what you meant, but I know Cali and maybe NY even though follow the ACA have some different state rules. I know California has something called covered California I believe and really not sure if that is a state exchange or actually Medicaid.

[QU

If you are saying we are going to get fucked with socialized medicine one of these days that will destroy the best health care in the world you may be correct. There are a lot of stupid American that would be idiots and support it. However, that does not make it right.

What is right is Americans taking responsibility to pay their on bills and not being greedy little bastards that exp[ect other people to pay for them.

Let's go back to last night and your welfare queen referral. You most likely live in Florida with your map so since Florida did not expand Medicaid virtually no welfare queen making under 100% of Federal Poverty Level qualifies for a subsidy and most (if they're not paying full price) have nothing, no insurance and certainly no Medicaid. That is a single person.

[QU

Let's go back to last night and your welfare queen referral. You most likely live in Florida with your map so since Florida did not expand Medicaid virtually no welfare queen making under 100% of Federal Poverty Level qualifies for a subsidy and most (if they're not paying full price) have nothing, no insurance and certainly no Medicaid. That is a single person.

You are confused Moon Bat. It always amazing me how confused you Moon Bats are about everything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/health/florida-affordable-care-act-obamacare-trump.html?_r=0

"91 % of the plan holders in Florida receive premium subsidies".

[QU

You are confused Moon Bat. It always amazing me how confused you Moon Bats are about everything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/health/florida-affordable-care-act-obamacare-trump.html?_r=0

"91 % of the plan holders in Florida receive premium subsidies".

So you are saying 91% are welfare queens? No I gave you a good explanation of what i thought you meant as welfare queen. Someone who does not work and sits their ass at home. They do not receive subsidies. If that is exactly what you meant then my explanation is dead on. If that is not what you meant then you should not use the term welfare queen.

So if there are 91% of plan holder's in Florida receiving subsidies I guess it's safe to say most republican's in Florida are getting subsidized plans.

No one is "denied" health care based on pre-existing conditions. They're denied health insurance.

Kimmel expressed a moral opinion that babies in America deserve medical care when they need it, and that America is a place where that should happen, and parents should never be faced with the horror of having their babies die because they could not afford to pay for medical attention for their babies. The immoral proponents, those who don't mind being immoral and letting babies die and suffer, can be seen whining in this thread and attempting to demonize Kimmel for his moral opinion.

Kimmel expressed a moral opinion that babies in America deserve medical care when they need it, and that America is a place where that should happen, and parents should never be faced with the horror of having their babies die because they could not afford to pay for medical attention for their babies. The immoral proponents, those who don't mind being immoral and letting babies die and suffer, can be seen whining in this thread and attempting to demonize Kimmel for his moral opinion.

Hmm.... I don't think anyone should die, but I do think medical care isn't a proper concern of government. Does that make me immoral, in your view?

We all need healthcare at some point .

It's like saying "I've never called the police . Why do I need to pay for them?"
We all need food and housing too. Why should I pay for my own?

Food is cheap , and housing is on a sliding scale . If someone is in a bad situation we help them with both .

It's not about "free" healthcare . It's about affordable health care.

Have any of you righties known anyone to have cancer !?
I spend much more on food that health care. It's how I stay healthy. But if food is cheaper it's more affordable, you shot your own argument down. Bottom line, I don't care if you come down with cancer or not.

Food has many options . I don't have to eat expensive lobster . I can't say "that chemo is too costly , I'll just have lasik on my eyes instead . That will cure the cancer!"

It seems a huge majority of Americans are following moral values over money and are in favor of keeping the coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Then a huge majority of Americans are stupidly misguided because coverage for pre-existing conditions will force premiums and deductibles to go sky-high, as we've already seen. And it will force insurance companies to fold up in certain areas and discontinue coverage altogether, as we've already seen. How many times do we have to go through this before the snowflakes learn that there is no such thing as free medical care?

Personally,I agreed with Dr. Ben Carlson regarding Healthcare Insurance Companies:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Regulate insurance companies as non-profit services
Today, insurance companies call the shots on what they want to pay, to whom, and when. Consequently, even busy doctors operate with a very slim profit of margin.
This is an ideal place for the intervention of government regulators who, with the help of medical professionals, could establish fair and consistent remuneration. To accomplish this, essentially all of the insurance companies would have to become non-profit service organizations with standardized, regulated profit margins.
This is not the paradigm that I see for all businesses, [but] is uniquely appropriate for the health-insurance industry, which deals with people's lives and quality of existence. That may sound radical, but is it as radical as allowing a company to increase its profits by denying care to sick individuals? In the long run this would also be good for the insurance companies, who could then concentrate on providing good service, rather than focusing on undercutting their competitors and increasing their profit margin.
Ben Carson on Health Care

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Also, what caused you to be possessed with a total lack of empathy and lack understanding the value of human life?
Wow, turns out Carson isn't a total idiot savant.

Pre-existing condition requirement for health care insurance is a welfare scam. It is getting something for nothing that somebody else has to pay for.

It is like the government telling an insurance company that they have to pay for your house burning down if you sign up when the fire trucks are there. Is is like the filthy government mandating that a life insurance company issue you a policy on your death bed. Is is like a car insurance firm being told that have to issue you a policy covering the losses after you had a wreck.

It is wrong. Very wrong.

No actually its like Government telling you freeloaders to buy insurance before the house catches fires. Its called being a responsible adult.

The filthy ass government needs to stay out of the oppressive business of telling me how to run my life. I need to be responsible for my own well being, not some stupid bureaucrat whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups. I'll be responsible for paying my bills and you be responsible for paying yours. Doesn't that sound a lot more fair than the government taking away my liberty?

Government pre existing conditions mandate in health care insurance is just another form of welfare and it is despicable just like all other welfare.

Good for you, most people can't pay cash for medical care. If you do not have insurance, you should not be allowed to enter an er or ride in an ambulance.

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

Because you have spend 6000 just to get access....then if you need it.....shell out another 6 grand.

You are healthy and save that 12 grand for 2 years and guess what....you can get most anything you need.

Are you really that stupid ?

This is one of the reasons I find it hard to take the anti-ACA folks seriously. You are suggesting that 24 grand can get you most anything you need. That would barely get you three days in intensive care. Maybe not even three days. Maybe a week of regular hospital care. So, who pays after that? All your savings are gone. I don't think you have a clue about healthcare cost or hospital cost.

A very basic catastrophic plan.

One that used to cost 70/month....not 600.

But that is what makes it tough for me to take you or your kind seriously.

We pay WAY TO FUCKING MUCH for health care.

You do nothing to lower that.

Me....I like the Singapore model.

Only greedy Moon Bats want a preexisting insurance mandate to cover damages already incurred.

Just another form of welfare.

Only greedy Moon Bats want a preexisting insurance mandate to cover damages already incurred.

You have it backwards. What happens when precons can't get coverage ? It falls to the gov to pay .

The insurance cos want to cover all the healthy until they actually get sick. And expensive . Then its see you later!

You have it backwards. What happens when precons can't get coverage ? It falls to the gov to pay .

The insurance cos want to cover all the healthy until they actually get sick. And expensive . Then its see you later!

If they can't get coverage then that is their problem. My rates should not reflect having to pay for somebody that never paid into the pool.

I don't think you understand what insurance is. It is not a welfare system. Customers pay in when they don't need to collect anything and they get covered when they do. The cost of the insurance is amount paid in minus the amount paid out plus a profit for the company for providing the service. If you have people taking money out but not paying in then it is welfare and that is despicable.

In a free market you would have the ability to pick an insurance company that provided for your needs. However, when the filthy ass government gets involved then everything gets screwed up. Fuck the government. Fuck Obamacare which was terrible government interference.

First I feel for him, and I wholeheartedly agree that no child should die of a preventable medical issue. God Bless him for sharing his story and it's great to hear his son is doing well.

One important point to make, when he states that "noone should be denied treatment because of a precondition". What he doesn't understand, and which many don't understand is that, any of these treatments isn't about some not having money or health insurance, but it's about the COSTS.

He stated that he had a world reknowned surgeon. There is simply no way public healthcare can sustain a system in which anyone and everyone could have such access. It's the way the world works. If you have the means, you have options.

How about excessive competition across state lines to ensure insurance and for people to have more options which will drive prices of insurance and healthcare costs down. I assure you, if I had a condition like his son, I wouldn't be able to afford, nor would my provincial healthcare cover the costs to have the same surgeon he had access to. I would be in no better position than 99.9% of Americans and Canadians for that matter.

Bottom line, it's not a perfect world, so choices for everyone relieve the system of the excessive obligations so that you can provide broad access to as many as possible. Young people won't pay excessively for particular health issues they won't need except in the most extreme cases for another 40-50 years. So why force people to have such coverage when all it does is pad someones pockets?

One final point about health insurance and pre conditions and people worried about premium costs. If you purchase auto insurance, who will get a better premium, someone with 12 accidents in the last 10 years, or someone without an accident the last 30? It's a business model, and as such, there have to be give and takes and reasonable price points based on risk. It HAS to be this way.
Those who voted to repeal ACA should burn in Hell, along wih those who rationalize that they're right.

Forum List

Back