My Healthcare Premiums going up 44.5%

Increasing Medical cost of biggest fear I have for my future.... This needs solution, Obama is atleast correct on this.

where does Massachusetts Health Care Reform Policy for the State, fit in to the price hike Mani?

So Mitten's plan didn't make your insurance go up.

But Obama's plan, which isn't even in effect yet, made your insurance go up.

Yeah, no retardedness there.

:lol:

how much do you think these bills would have risen without obama care

or do you think they would have stayed the same?

Historically, about 5% per year.

I'm not talking chump change here bones. I've done the math and all in I'm looking at roughly a $2,000 - $2,500 per year increase.

Given that insurance companies have had one of their most profitable years ever and continue to be the second most profitable industry after oil companies, what do you think precipitated that large an increase?

I can tell you it isn't proportionate to any increased costs under the new law... particularly given that it requires young, healthy people to carry insurance and thereby pick up a chunk of the expenses.

so you can curse out the president....

or you can curse out the people who are really responsible ...

:rolleyes:

Oh my, how will I ever recover from being called a retard by a disingenuous, agenda whoring twat like Ravi. :rofl:

Without Obamacare people are still going to pay for the uninsured.

----------------------------------------------

Study: Insured Paying Higher 'Hidden Tax' For Uninsured Health Care The average insured family pays an extra $1,017 in premiums each year to cover the cost of health care for the uninsured, according to a new study from Families USA, Reuters reports. Individuals paid an extra $368. These “hidden health costs” costs accrue when “doctors, hospitals and other health providers try to recover the cost of uncompensated care by increasing charges for those with private insurance.” Medicare and Medicaid rules “make it difficult for providers to pass on uncompensated care costs” to the government insurance programs, so “the cost shift was borne almost entirely by private insurers.”

In 2008, the uninsured “received about $116 billion in care.” Of that amount, they paid 37% out-of-pocket, and “government programs and charities paid for another 26 percent.” The remaining $42.7 billion was “passed on to the insured in the form of higher prices for their care,” the study found. The “so-called ‘hidden health tax’” has increased from 2005, when Families USA conducted its last study. At that time, families paid an extra $922 in premiums and individuals an extra $341 (5/28).

Ron Pollack, the executive director of Families USA, warns that the numbers are likely to keep increasing in the recession, the AP reports. "As more people join the ranks of the uninsured, the hidden health tax is growing," Pollack said, adding that American businesses and families “therefore have a clear financial stake in expanding health care coverage" (Werner, 5/28).

USA Today adds that the “the so-called hidden tax is increasingly becoming a talking point as proof that the U.S. health care system needs to be fixed,” including recent mentions by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT), Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Kim, 5/28).

A second Reuters article cites a recent study by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation finding that “the number of uninsured Americans could jump to more than 65 million in 10 years as healthcare costs more than double. The U.S. Census Bureau says about 46 million Americans are currently without insurance.”
Study: Insured Paying Higher 'Hidden Tax' For Uninsured Health Care - Kaiser Health News

So the bottomline? The healthcare industry has you coming and going. In many other countries, the government sets the price people will pay and that's why other countries pay much less than the US. In the countries that control the costs, their healthcare industry still finds a way of making profits. The US healthcare industry is bloated with bureaucracy, top heavy executive pay and waste and the consumer pays for this in the highest costs in the world by far.
As pointed out, in the decade prior to Obamacare, insurance premiums went up 131% and during that same time wages went up 38%. No wonder the cost of healthcare is the Number One reason for bankruptcy in the US. And no wonder the healthcare industry has spent tens of millions of dollars fighting healthcare reform,,,it's all about greed.
Speaking of bankruptcy, despite the fact that Congress made it tougher to file, bankruptcies will continue to climb at a frantic pace. And thanks to many of our elected officials being in the back pocket of the healthcare industry, those without healthcare insurance will continue to climb..
So, no matter what,,,get ready to continue to get raped by the healthcare industry.

Last edited:
Without Obamacare people are still going to pay for the uninsured.

----------------------------------------------

Study: Insured Paying Higher 'Hidden Tax' For Uninsured Health Care The average insured family pays an extra $1,017 in premiums each year to cover the cost of health care for the uninsured, according to a new study from Families USA, Reuters reports. Individuals paid an extra $368. These “hidden health costs” costs accrue when “doctors, hospitals and other health providers try to recover the cost of uncompensated care by increasing charges for those with private insurance.” Medicare and Medicaid rules “make it difficult for providers to pass on uncompensated care costs” to the government insurance programs, so “the cost shift was borne almost entirely by private insurers.”

In 2008, the uninsured “received about $116 billion in care.” Of that amount, they paid 37% out-of-pocket, and “government programs and charities paid for another 26 percent.” The remaining $42.7 billion was “passed on to the insured in the form of higher prices for their care,” the study found. The “so-called ‘hidden health tax’” has increased from 2005, when Families USA conducted its last study. At that time, families paid an extra $922 in premiums and individuals an extra $341 (5/28).

Ron Pollack, the executive director of Families USA, warns that the numbers are likely to keep increasing in the recession, the AP reports. "As more people join the ranks of the uninsured, the hidden health tax is growing," Pollack said, adding that American businesses and families “therefore have a clear financial stake in expanding health care coverage" (Werner, 5/28).

USA Today adds that the “the so-called hidden tax is increasingly becoming a talking point as proof that the U.S. health care system needs to be fixed,” including recent mentions by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT), Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Kim, 5/28).

A second Reuters article cites a recent study by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation finding that “the number of uninsured Americans could jump to more than 65 million in 10 years as healthcare costs more than double. The U.S. Census Bureau says about 46 million Americans are currently without insurance.”
Study: Insured Paying Higher 'Hidden Tax' For Uninsured Health Care - Kaiser Health News

So the bottomline? The healthcare industry has you coming and going. In many other countries, the government sets the price people will pay and that's why other countries pay much less than the US. In the countries that control the costs, their healthcare industry still finds a way of making profits. The US healthcare industry is bloated with bureaucracy, top heavy executive pay and waste and the consumer pays for this in the highest costs in the world by far.
As pointed out, in the decade prior to Obamacare, insurance premiums went up 131% and during that same time wages went up 38%. No wonder the cost of healthcare is the Number One reason for bankruptcy in the US. And no wonder the healthcare industry has spent tens of millions of dollars fighting healthcare reform,,,it's all about greed.
Speaking of bankruptcy, despite the fact that Congress made it tougher to file, bankruptcies will continue to climb at a frantic pace. And thanks to many of our elected officials being in the back pocket of the healthcare industry, those without healthcare insurance will continue to climb..
So, no matter what,,,get ready to continue to get raped by the healthcare industry.

thank you for that info, good to know.

Just got the summary of my healthcare package.

In 2011 my premiums will go up 44.5%

Office visit co-pays up 25%

Prescription co-pays up 50%

And these co-pays will no longer count toward my annual deductable, which is also increasing 25%.

FUCK YOU OBAMA!

Seriously...

FUCK YOU!!! :evil:

And ya wanna know what else? All the insurance premiums that your compasny pays on your behalf will now be counted as part of your salary and you will be taxed accordingly.

Yuup. But because the welfare system is set up to count income BEFORE taxes, despite the huge hit to income, you will not be eligibile for any government assistance.

We'll be making less than welfare queens, and yet be eligible for NO benefits.

Isn't it great? Obama lookin gout for th elittle people.

Just got the summary of my healthcare package.

In 2011 my premiums will go up 44.5%

Office visit co-pays up 25%

Prescription co-pays up 50%

And these co-pays will no longer count toward my annual deductable, which is also increasing 25%.

FUCK YOU OBAMA!

Seriously...

FUCK YOU!!! :evil:

And ya wanna know what else? All the insurance premiums that your compasny pays on your behalf will now be counted as part of your salary and you will be taxed accordingly.

Yuup. But because the welfare system is set up to count income BEFORE taxes, despite the huge hit to income, you will not be eligibile for any government assistance.

We'll be making less than welfare queens, and yet be eligible for NO benefits.

Isn't it great? Obama lookin gout for th elittle people.

FALSE:

here are 2 posts to refute this baseless claim

Linda Bergthold: Your Health Insurance Will Not Be Taxed Next Year

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8061.pdf
good try tho

Last edited:

Forum List

Back