My Healthcare Premiums going up 44.5%

in 2009 and in 2010, our insurance rose by about 25% a year.

and now for 2011, no rise at all....

in 2009 it was premiums that rose in price, for 2010's insurance it was the deductibles and out of pocket expense that rose to the hilt....

glad we did not see changes again this year in price, as I had presumed we would....no stopping them next year from just coming at us.

NO ONE is forcing these companies to raise their rates....they are choosing to take the easy way out and raise your rates, instead of chopping ceo salaries and bonuses, or tightening ship on travel and food costs when traveling, or installing solar energy to lower electricity costs, or increasing the productivity of their employees....

this is a COP-OUT to simply ALWAYS blame everything on, (oh my!) Obamacare.

Hey, mani was with Obama early on. He voted for change. Now he has to pay chump change and he whines?

geesh, man up mani. man up.

:eusa_whistle:

I think Mani saw the light. You are a convert Mani, Right??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Mani, don't feel so bad, I voted for Jessi Jackson once. :lol:

there's a chance he might run away and join a Tea Party. :eek:

You mean like me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know there is only one reason I can't be found in this picture.

intense-albums-washington-d-c-trip-picture2681-img-1213-03.jpg

and Mani, aren't you in taxachusetts ;)? don't they have health care reform OF THE STATE'S that could be affecting your price and increases?

manifold must have been getting a bargain...his insurance for a family of 4 (if his math is correct) is about $7225 per year in 2011...about what I have been paying for the last twelve years.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_liar:
Wrong. My policy hasn't changed in price in twelve years...it is pretty basic, though. It doesn't include dental, eye care, or prescriptions...and yours probably does.

I think you need to stock up on tissues.

manifold must have been getting a bargain...his insurance for a family of 4 (if his math is correct) is about $7225 per year in 2011...about what I have been paying for the last twelve years.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_liar:
Wrong. My policy hasn't changed in price in twelve years...it is pretty basic, though. It doesn't include dental, eye care, or prescriptions...and yours probably does.

you sound like a government worker, mani is probably private sector.

Mani,

if she is a small business or buying an individual plan, and NOT A GROUP PLAN....

of course she is paying the prices she stated, and those prices are cheap!

Here in Maine, for an Individual Plan for matt and me 2 years ago, with Anthem, Blue cross blue shield, with neither of us smokers, neither with an existing illness, neither on any medication, it was $25,000 a year for the 2 of us.

Now with Matt having a job, and getting it on a group plan, we pay about $5000 a year, plus all of our out of pocket and deductibles and co-shares.

One thing Ravi may not be considering, is that YOU are not paying your full share of the price....employers usually pay 70% of the cost of the policy for you....the employee, so that $7000 plus that you pay for your family, is probably a policy that your company is contributing another $7-12,000 for each year.

re-posted since at least three of you (names withheld to protect the artarde) missed it the first time. :cool:

and btw: In case anyone thinks these increases are skewed on account of my company passing along the entire increase to it's employees, that's not so. My company's costs have also gone up by the same percentage.

you sound like a government worker, mani is probably private sector.

Why do you hate American heroes: cops firemen and teachers?
:evil:

I just hate you asswipe, now crawl back into your crapper, left hole.

re-posted since at least three of you (names withheld to protect the artarde) missed it the first time. :cool:

and btw: In case anyone thinks these increases are skewed on account of my company passing along the entire increase to it's employees, that's not so. My company's costs have also gone up by the same percentage.

I didn't miss it. And like I said. be prepared to count the company's share as part of your salary, you get to pay taxes on it.

Mani,

if she is a small business or buying an individual plan, and NOT A GROUP PLAN....

of course she is paying the prices she stated, and those prices are cheap!

Here in Maine, for an Individual Plan for matt and me 2 years ago, with Anthem, Blue cross blue shield, with neither of us smokers, neither with an existing illness, neither on any medication, it was $25,000 a year for the 2 of us.

Now with Matt having a job, and getting it on a group plan, we pay about $5000 a year, plus all of our out of pocket and deductibles and co-shares.

One thing Ravi may not be considering, is that YOU are not paying your full share of the price....employers usually pay 70% of the cost of the policy for you....the employee, so that $7000 plus that you pay for your family, is probably a policy that your company is contributing another $7-12,000 for each year.
Good point, I did forget about that.

Forum List

Back